The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jedi Shadow Bursting Guide

Powerr

Quick question: why wait to use Battle Readiness until after your opening Clairvoyant Strikes? Typically I'm popping it right as I kick out of stealth to hopefully do a little extra damage before the main burst.

so that it can be up for a second project

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at your 2/31/8 build an it looks great but I wanted to know those 2 points but into Technique mastery under the kinetic combat tree, wouldn't it be better to put them under applied force in the kinetic combat tree. I only ask this because once you obtain clairvoyant strike it becomes one of your main attacks. Thanks.

I looked at your 2/31/8 build an it looks great but I wanted to know those 2 points but into Technique mastery under the kinetic combat tree, wouldn't it be better to put them under applied force in the kinetic combat tree. I only ask this because once you obtain clairvoyant strike it becomes one of your main attacks. Thanks.

we tested and the armor pen is better damage

Nice i uset to use that build kinda like this 1st week after swtor was released when i was 50 did good but i went online n found the 33/8 one and been using that im ight go back to armor pent one because it affects most of your attacks besides 2of our spells.. which is better ig uess. I noticed it helped a lot when i was trying to burn down trooper healer too.

+) i have lvl 70 valor ranked assassin too. Why i asked your stats ealry im like i'd say one if not the best on my server also.Ops forgot why dont u take 2 into 3secs off discharge? one of ur main dmg abilites.! oo force beach for u i guess

Edited by Darkycle

Great guide Power. Makes it handy for people like me who are new to this whole thing (MMOs). :D

However, I have a quick question: as a levelling Shadow (currently 36) with everything put into the Infiltration tree thus far, would your rotation work for someone like me in a PvE environment? Bear in mind I don't have most of the non-skill Buffs you have (relics, etc). Or would I be better served devising a different rotation?

Tim

Hi Power ive watched your video alot and learned a bunch of stuff so plz keep up the good work and thank you for sharing your vital info.

My question and biggest issue right now in pvp particularly is that because the class and spec has alot of stacks, buffs and procs, how do you keep up with what's 'ready' (ie, exit strategy, circling shadows, and so on). PVP is already a aoe fest with so much going on as is that im wondering how you manage to keep an eye on your buffs/stacks let alone everything else coming off cooldowns. Do you just go thru a rotation regardless or just have really quick eyes and reactions lol or is it youre just looking for 2 procs, the one from 2x CS and find weakness?

Thanks again!

Edited by Jolafade

Great guide Power. Makes it handy for people like me who are new to this whole thing (MMOs). :D

However, I have a quick question: as a levelling Shadow (currently 36) with everything put into the Infiltration tree thus far, would your rotation work for someone like me in a PvE environment? Bear in mind I don't have most of the non-skill Buffs you have (relics, etc). Or would I be better served devising a different rotation?

Tim

same rotation, double strike project FB

Hi Power ive watched your video alot and learned a bunch of stuff so plz keep up the good work and thank you for sharing your vital info.

My question and biggest issue right now in pvp particularly is that because the class and spec has alot of stacks, buffs and procs, how do you keep up with what's 'ready' (ie, exit strategy, circling shadows, and so on). PVP is already a aoe fest with so much going on as is that im wondering how you manage to keep an eye on your buffs/stacks let alone everything else coming off cooldowns. Do you just go thru a rotation regardless or just have really quick eyes and reactions lol or is it youre just looking for 2 procs, the one from 2x CS and find weakness?

Thanks again!

If i'm in range of someone I only look for shadow strike proc. There's no benefit to look for clairvoyant procs because it's easy enough to count to two. Look for that proc if someone gets distance from you after you hit them twice. I don't ever look at exit strategy procs because I use force breach on cooldown for the most part unless i'm fighting a high expertise healer.

I feel like the majority of my damage is coming from project and double strike UNLESS i am popping and opening up with shadow strike from behind. It would seem to me that it would be important to spec in a way that maximizes SS, DS, and Project damage, AND at the same time maximizing the rate at which you recover your force so that you can just repeatedly beat down the keys for SS, CC, and Project. Now, i'm only lvl 31, so unless there are abilities gained later on that flip the priority of these abilities upside down, then I don't see that changing. I have heard that specc'ing to maximize your DS damage output will make you hit harder than trying to maximize clairvoiant strike damage. If that is wrong info then I see why it would be important to go at least 31 infil.

Just hoping for input from you people with more end game experience. Thanks!

I feel like the majority of my damage is coming from project and double strike UNLESS i am popping and opening up with shadow strike from behind. It would seem to me that it would be important to spec in a way that maximizes SS, DS, and Project damage, AND at the same time maximizing the rate at which you recover your force so that you can just repeatedly beat down the keys for SS, CC, and Project. Now, i'm only lvl 31, so unless there are abilities gained later on that flip the priority of these abilities upside down, then I don't see that changing. I have heard that specc'ing to maximize your DS damage output will make you hit harder than trying to maximize clairvoiant strike damage. If that is wrong info then I see why it would be important to go at least 31 infil.

Just hoping for input from you people with more end game experience. Thanks!

many things change damage wise for the shadow from the early levels until 50. You will find out shortly enough. Opening with SS isn't a bad idea if you are doing that

Thanks!

Well for the sake of lvl'ing it seems like going a more KINETIC/BALANCE spec makes more sense. Because right now in pvp its basically SS then pop FORCE POTENCY and PROJECT then more SS or DS (depending on positioning) until i can unleash the next PROJECT. After I'm out of my 2 FP charges they're usually around 40-50%. Then I'll usually pop stun to get off 1 or 2 more SS's. During all this I need as much FORCE as possible to get these things off instead of spamming SABER STRIKE until I have enough force to use my next ability. I like masked assault for the 6 seconds of extra force regen while in battle, but then I look at ONE WITH THE FORCE and 30% to force regen looks pretty damn good.

Again thanks for the help. I learn by talking things out with ppl that are "In the know"

Thanks!

Well for the sake of lvl'ing it seems like going a more KINETIC/BALANCE spec makes more sense.

In my honest opinion I wouldn't recommend it for leveling. YEAH it would help, but I still think going infiltration would be better, especially end game. Here is why, and my thoughts on the matter.

1.) For starters you know your key spec meaning you will master it and be so familiar with it by the time you hit 50.

2.) Soloing our story mission can be tedious, but it's a blessing in disguise. It FORCES you (no pun intended lol) to be able to know how to control and take on multiple fights. VERY VERY useful skill in pvp. You can essentially be able to solo at least 2, maybe 3 guys, unless they're all ranged based. Which goes for PVE as well, but even so you'll learn how to control a mixture between range and melee.

3.) If damage is what you're after Infiltrator is for you.

I recommend this build as you are level 31.

31 Build

50 build This the build I currently use.

Anyway those are my suggestions and experience. I NEVER spec'd anything else; from day one I've been an infiltrator. It works solo just have to know how to make it work. :)

In my honest opinion I wouldn't recommend it for leveling. YEAH it would help, but I still think going infiltration would be better, especially end game. Here is why, and my thoughts on the matter.

1.) For starters you know your key spec meaning you will master it and be so familiar with it by the time you hit 50.

2.) Soloing our story mission can be tedious, but it's a blessing in disguise. It FORCES you (no pun intended lol) to be able to know how to control and take on multiple fights. VERY VERY useful skill in pvp. You can essentially be able to solo at least 2, maybe 3 guys, unless they're all ranged based. Which goes for PVE as well, but even so you'll learn how to control a mixture between range and melee.

3.) If damage is what you're after Infiltrator is for you.

I recommend this build as you are level 31.

31 Build

50 build This the build I currently use.

Anyway those are my suggestions and experience. I NEVER spec'd anything else; from day one I've been an infiltrator. It works solo just have to know how to make it work. :)

That's why you don't know pyro. The tanking spec is far superior leveling up and in the WZs pre-50. Not only is there zero downtime between pulls but you have more aoe and actually kill packs of mobs faster.

That's why you don't know pyro. The tanking spec is far superior leveling up and in the WZs pre-50. Not only is there zero downtime between pulls but you have more aoe and actually kill packs of mobs faster.

Oh I know. It's easier for leveling (that's why in my OP I said "it would help"), but my points were more directed to building skill and mastering a specific line that a player wants. I'm not against it at all and in fact it's better for soloing definitely. My thoughts were more direct to endgame and what he wants..well IF he wants to be a DPS.

He won't have as much experience as say someone like me or anyone else who's never been anything but infiltrator.

But yeah I mean if it works for people go for it, I just think if you want to be a DPS and be great at it should just stick with the line made for it so when you're 50 you don't have to relearn. If I were to spec kin/balance I'd have to read everything and have some sort of learning curve, but yeah that was my point. It can be done as a raw infiltrator to solo, it's harder yes, but it forces you to think outside the box of the character to be successful. I mean for heroic 2+ and 4+ daily quests I can solo complete them, just because I learned as leveling up how to manipulate multiple encounters. I can make a video showing the heroic quests to demonstrate that specific skill set. If anyone is curious on how to do it PM and I'll make a video, unless Power wants to and save me time lol. SCHOOL IS CONSUMING MY SOUL :(

Edited by Darkerwarrior

How can you say using battlemaster power relic is the best one tbh? Even with full battlemaster gear, you arent close to the 98% critical dmg without the surge/crit relic?

So whats the math behind power beeing better?

How can you say using battlemaster power relic is the best one tbh? Even with full battlemaster gear, you arent close to the 98% critical dmg without the surge/crit relic?

So whats the math behind power beeing better?

First of all, the surg/crit relic will not get you to 98% crit unless you have like 350 or some insanely high number of surge. It for me, boosts my crit multiplier by about 4%.

With the 1.1 nerf of BioChem, disabling us to stack both adrenal and expertise pot. It makes us choose one or the other.

The Expertise pot boosts your base expertise (mine is 699) by 15%.

The reason the battlemaster power relic is best to use with this is because the 380 to power delivers you hits that far succeed hits you would see using the crit/surge relic.

Another reason to back this is that when you pop force potency it gives you 60% crit. You are already repping over 30% crit most likely on your character along with a 5% crit buff from allys, so you would most likely be going over 100% crit chance, which is unneeded.

I'll run a double-check tonight on Glory to check numbers and possibly link an excel file with my findings

Thanks for responding. I understand the that repping around 30-32% crit is very ok conserning the buffs etc makes me hit around 100%, what i just dont get is the "facts" conserning diminsing returns on surge.

I've seen people hit 350+ with surge but severly lacking in the accuracy department. And i think it dosent give much extra.

Tbh i use that same setup you describe with BM power relic, and it gives me the 5k crits i want, but i'm just curious about the math behind it. And also looking to perhaps replace some accuracy level 58 enhancements, with surge/crit from my champion gear. I'm hovering at 275surge, 420crit

Thoughts on this?

I mean for heroic 2+ and 4+ daily quests I can solo complete them, just because I learned as leveling up how to manipulate multiple encounters. I can make a video showing the heroic quests to demonstrate that specific skill set. If anyone is curious on how to do it PM and I'll make a video :(

This I HAVE to see. Does this mean that you were also solo'ing heroic 4+ at my lvl? Bc that i just flat out don't believe. Solo'ing 4 elites with a companion just doens't seem realistic to me, but hey maybe I just suck. In that cast PLEASE teach me lol.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet (I'm not reading 28 pages to check it :p ) but you've got Low Slash listed as a 4 second stun, when it's a 4 second incap, which in pvp I'm sure you know is a huge difference.

It would be like saying gouge and cheap shot are both stuns. (For those of you who know this reference.)

Thanks.

This I HAVE to see. Does this mean that you were also solo'ing heroic 4+ at my lvl? Bc that i just flat out don't believe. Solo'ing 4 elites with a companion just doens't seem realistic to me, but hey maybe I just suck. In that cast PLEASE teach me lol.

Lol no not at your level. The lvl 50 daily commendation quests. You get them unlocked at level 50. I never did heroics leveling up just PVP and my main story mission. I hate questing :(

I love me some PVP though xD

Edited by Darkerwarrior