You can have my stuff ^.^

Drakos

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I didn't agree with much of that.

I got a smuggler to 35 before I decided it was too wretched to play any longer. I'm on my 3rd toon now and still not completely feeling it.

And the bugs... oh... the bugs...

And the support... oh... the support...

I had little confidence coming in that this game would be The Next One. It's "nice" and "pretty" but sadly I was never in any danger of being wrong about that. It may have a different dressing than WoW but it's got the same rusty rat wheel spinning at the center of it, with the same little nuggets of cheese awaiting those who will endlessly run on it. If that isn't the matrix online, I don't know what is >.>

P.S. *HONK!* if you love running through gigantic spaceports!

Edited by EwokLuvr

Sad to see even some of the old-timers who have been on these forums literally since day 1 leaving.

To me almost all the problems OP listed can be chalked up to "Too much focus on story-telling."

The story gives us way too much instancing, and the instancing along with the amazingly linear world design makes the game feel too much like a SPRPG, even with the effort Bioware put in to providing group content. The problem is the group content is totally optional and even redundant in a game where it's so easy to level.

The SPRPG feel creates a different, almost spooky community where it seems as if 90% of the players are actually avoiding having to interact with any other players unless they absolutely have to. The communities in other games were lively, and there were conversations and sometimes trolling and arguing on /1, but at least it felt like someone else was there. In TOR I'll invariably see players complaining if people actually start talking about something in /1. It's just... wierd. It's an almost indescribably different vibe with this community, like it's being played by people who really don't like other people even in a virtual realm.

The dead, static worlds, abundant loading screens, bad UI, bad GTN, the irrelevant crew skills, the non-existent economy, the poorly conceived Warzone queues, poor player customization-- all these things make the game feel unfinished, like creating a functioning MMO was an afterthought for BW.

It's unfortunate because BW does have the skill to pull of something much, much better than this.

VERY well said!! I almost cried for the truth these words hold. You Sir, you speak from the heart and the soul, and that is rare nowadays. I salute you with the highest respect!!

SPOT-on.

Definately NO >>---arrow---> to the knee for you!!!!

Edited by Gehoornde

Honestly Im tired of ppl accusing ppl that have 50's rushers. Some of us were in beta for almost a year and brought these points up then and nothing changed. I managed to hit 50 the day after christmas from early access doing every bonus quest and heroic on each planet and taking days of not even playing the game. And no matter what fanboy's say this is a wow clone with light sabers and it a poorly done wow clone. Atleast in SWG even without having a ton of quests or VO work the worlds felt more alive and the game was community driven you had ppl that played for years and were not even combat classes. Huge cities made by players and guilds on all the planets and guilds known for huge faction wars. PPL played the game and had fun even without alot to do here it just feels meh.

Im surprised you are leaving after all the time you spent waiting for this game Drakos. Not that I mean anything by that. But it must suck knowing you wasted all that time just to not enjoy it. It seems like everytime I was on these forums before launch I saw your name.

Very well written. I agree with you, almost in everything completely.

I wish Bioware would care about these issues. All that you wrote popped up numerous times all accross the forums. If they would care, this could be a pretty good game.

Regards mate,

ps: you forgot to mention the annoying sea of bugs :)

Another drama goodbye post.....who cares. Oh I did for the 10 secs i typed this

Lol trolls.

Feed back like this will save the game if bioware will listen.

This ship is going to sink fast unless they release fast content updates.

i agree its tough to find groups sometimes and theres not a wildly stylistic set of gear for every class. i know my scoundrels endgame gear looks lame as hell and im not really looking foward to wearing it.

however i do know, changes are comming, new gear sets will arise with new content patches and everything thats out now will be diffrent in a few months, lord knows i have enough mmo experience to know that. granted if your not having fun now you shoudl most deffinately not play and go enjoy something else, maybe come back in a few months when the game is more polished. to me, quitting an MMO before even the first month is up and before any real conent patches is just silly, but like i said - if your not having fun perahaps its not for you.

as far as concerns with the GTN, i dunno, you point out cybertech and biochem were the only 2 profession worth having. that may be so, im maxed out cybertech and i make insane creds from selling Artifact ship pieces so im sort of biased but, thinglike player economy take time to ramp up. the fact is though, that im actually able to sell these things at these prices, upwards of 50k per part. so there is something there, it still needs time to mature. the game is very young you cant expect a mature 7year old economy like the one WoW has in a month old game (not even). i recall the AH in WoW at launch being just as hectic and unhelpful as the way this one is now. although this GTN setup is not very userfriendly, that could do with some work.

as far a pvp is concerned, the new 1.1 is a adressing a lot of pvp issues and im sure there will be many more to follow. you shoudl at least stick around to check that out if you are really into pvp, if not, no big deal.

good luck to you.

Edited by KingEoj

Im surprised you are leaving after all the time you spent waiting for this game Drakos. Not that I mean anything by that. But it must suck knowing you wasted all that time just to not enjoy it. It seems like everytime I was on these forums before launch I saw your name.

Ehh, it happens. I don't think the time was wasted. I met some good people on here, I had good discussions. I got some good stories written and read some good ones, and mostly I amused myself for the duration in which I wasn't playing anything. I can't say I regret spending the time I did here, despite the fact that it looks like TOR isn't the game for me in its current state.

Ehh, it happens. I don't think the time was wasted. I met some good people on here, I had good discussions. I got some good stories written and read some good ones, and mostly I amused myself for the duration in which I wasn't playing anything. I can't say I regret spending the time I did here, despite the fact that it looks like TOR isn't the game for me in its current state.

Wife and I waited a long time for this game, and you are taking it better. My wife is upset that she can't change the UI to her likings, and can't do macros. Also, the questing setup drove her crazy. This was suppose to be THE game we spent most of our time playing together. I'm upset that Bioware release this game like this.

What people dont realize is there was 100's of pieces of gear that were removed when they simplified the stats, all the cool looking assasin gear dissapeared and we all started looking like sorcs. One of the most annoying things about that simplification was they changed the assasin from a str to will power but forgot to add craftable willpower shiled generators since all tanks before that point were str or aim, and to overlook something as big as that when u say your making all AC's use the same base class stat and not take into account all the things effected made me lose hope for this game.

Wife and I waited a long time for this game, and you are taking it better. My wife is upset that she can't change the UI to her likings, and can't do macros. Also, the questing setup drove her crazy. This was suppose to be THE game we spent most of our time playing together. I'm upset that Bioware release this game like this.

I hate the UI with a passion that is inappropriate so I have just stopped complaining about it (until now of course.)

I think the the thing that drives me the most crazy about the UI isn't the state it's in, though that certainly annoys me. It's that beta testers were begging BW to change it over a year ago when testing first began. Why bother having beta testers if you're just going to totally ignore their feedback? With the exception of a couple added features (cancelled out by features that were actually removed from the UI) the UI is virtually the same now as when beta began, and this game was in testing for a loooong time.

I really am starting to get the feel that this game was just totally borked and broken when they started testing, and they were so busy just getting it to a point of minimal functionality for launch that they simply didn't have time to do anything else. Honestly, I didn't give it any credibility at the time, but I'm starting to wonder if there was at least some truth to the EALouse blog stating that Bioware and EA were in a panic over the state of TOR. It wasn't long after that when we found out the game wasn't going to release in Spring, as originally projected, and that they couldn't even give a real release window other than "sometime in 2012." Then, sure enough, it was as late as possible in 2012 before they actually released.

Edited by Mannic

Prehaps come back in afew weeks/months drakos if it's not currently enjoyable for you, or missing features you think are required.

Then, when you come back at a later date, it might be more to your liking. Some are willing to stick around like myself, I'll be here for quite some time as i enjoy it, but others will no doubt unsub for various reasons and intend to return at a later date.

It is up to you, wait it out or come back later, and since this is not a troll thread and you actually made some good constructive points, I'll wish you the best of luck.

Edited by Yvin
removed quote

Yeah I feel you dude, I just unsubscribed as well, each day I feel like playing less and less. Sad, I had high hopes that this game would keep me playing for a long time. The shard aka phased instancing of the worlds, terrible UI is really becoming a downer.

Yeah, the closer I get to 50 the less and less I feel like playing. In fact I have plenty of time to play right now and nothing better to do, but for the life of me I just don't want to sign in. This is not the way I was with other mmo's, nothing could stop me from playing them non-stop.

I hate the UI with a passion that is inappropriate so I have just stopped complaining about it (until now of course.)

I think that the the thing that drives me the most crazy about the UI isn't the state it's in, though that certainly annoys me. It's that beta testers were begging BW to change it over a year ago when testing first began. Yet the UI is virtually the same now as when beta began, and this game was in testing for a loooong time.

I really am starting to get the feel that this game was just totally borked when they started testing, and they were so busy just getting it to a point of minimal functionality for launch that they simply didn't have time to do anything else.

Ya, I should have listen to my friends who tested, they told me to stay away from this game, because bioware devs was jerks on the forums, and never listen to player feedback. They also did some out of the blue balance changes that made people go Huh?

I kept telling myself, it's bioware! They can't ruin star wars! The sad thing is, my wife loves to make alts, but because of how tedious it is to quest on the planets, she does not even want to make one. I know something is wrong after hearing that.

If bioware would have listen to the testers, instead of blowing them off. This game would have been a much better game.

My internal defense mechanism is to stop caring about something once it disappoints me. I probably shouldn't reproduce.

Regarding the issues your wife has with the game, I hope BioWare resolves some of them. UI customization should be something near the top of their list given how frequently and loudly it's complained about. We'll see in a month or two I guess.

Edited by Yvin
removed quote + reply

Evidently there's quite a few people liking the game....So are they to completely re-do the game for you? Pluuuzzzz, get over yourself. The point is this, people are having fun...no question (Evidence: full, heavy, standard servers populations). Now it may not be the kinda of fun you like so be it, these forums are full of people who think they know better. Well if that's so create your own MMO or go back to whatever you do like (Jedi>>Panda) If your expectations of this game fell short then OK fair enough, just means its not for YOU and the few other who day in and day out post WHY they don't like it....

Seriously I see the same people creating the same threads answered by the same people.....

I read the OP and you missed his point by at least 1000 miles, he's expressing his OWN feelings towards the game, he's not saying that nobody loves it. I'm appalled how people can actually misunderstand well written and easy posts like these.

Edited by Alexsir

Evidently there's quite a few people liking the game....So are they to completely re-do the game for you? Pluuuzzzz, get over yourself. The point is this, people are having fun...no question (Evidence: full, heavy, standard servers populations). Now it may not be the kinda of fun you like so be it, these forums are full of people who think they know better. Well if that's so create your own MMO or go back to whatever you do like (Jedi>>Panda) If your expectations of this game fell short then OK fair enough, just means its not for YOU and the few other who day in and day out post WHY they don't like it....

Seriously I see the same people creating the same threads answered by the same people.....This may not be the OP but generally its true.

The Jedi>Panda comment makes me chuckle.

I look at the classes, like mara and see a carbon copy of wow warrior, The story elements is great, but the game itself is a easier version of wow with a ton of less content.

The story pillar they hold dear to is great, but story can only take a mmo so far. It's a MMO not a single player game.

then why are you still here ... posting ... thats just what i mean ... seriously ..

stop posting and let the peopel who have problems psot here so this game can get better and not everything i said about having played the game to end or finished everything was directed tou you personaly , but teres lot of people who are liek that taht think your way ... but general message was slow the f down yeh ..

and saying the best part of the game are just general soso , man .. now i'm sure your trolling , i was sure your trolling hen i see you replied so fast ... gues its back to panda world for you ... well cya ... i'm of these forums and enjoying this game , so dont botehr replying with a nother witty comment

You need to chill out, people have the right to express themselves. You need to think and comprehend before insulting other peoples opinions.

Prehaps come back in afew weeks/months drakos if it's not currently enjoyable for you, or missing features you think are required.

Then, when you come back at a later date, it might be more to your liking. Some are willing to stick around like myself, I'll be here for quite some time as i enjoy it, but others will no doubt unsub for various reasons and intend to return at a later date.

It is up to you, wait it out or come back later, and since this is not a troll thread and you actually made some good constructive points, I'll wish you the best of luck.

That is sort of my intent. I'm hoping things change, and if they do, I'll be back to give it another try. As it stands, a break will do me and my wallet some good, and hopefully BioWare will manage to convince me back in this general direction with some epic patch notes in the near future.

Seriously I see the same people creating the same threads answered by the same people.....This may not be the OP but generally its true.

Oh lovely! Another Pandabasher. Amusing especially considering I don't play WoW anymore, and have probably stated that at least twice now. I shouldn't defend myself and my post, I feel like the opening post is pretty self explanatory in it's intent. It's not a cry to revamp the game, but an attempt to point out that there are little things about TOR that add up to me not enjoying playing it anymore currently.

If I wanted to point out where my expectations for the game fell short, I think I'd blow everyone's mind with official developer quotes on what the game was offering, and then screenshots and lists of what we actually received, but the forums might implode. Which is why I give an opinion column instead.

At least, if you're on Elysium Imperial side.

Don't get me wrong, TOR has the trappings of a great game. Story certainly makes the questing and leveling aspect of the game easy even for the most fearful levelers and provides a pretty good incentive to play a variety of classes through to their level cap should they catch your interest. Combat has a solid foundation with class and spec diversity, the environments are stellar and the voice-work is mostly well-done. The War-zones are well-designed in theory and with tweaking PvP could be immensely enjoyable for all. There are probably other nice features as well.

It wasn't enough for me. <Incoming wall of text. Ctrl+F "skip to the end" once your patience wears thin>

The world(s) feels empty and dead. It may be small population, it may be the geography of planets versus quest-distribution for factions, but I never see Republic characters, and even stumbling upon allies is a rare instance.

Imperial Fleet is a curse. Given the way Looking For Group works (tied to the /who <current area> list), where the GTN is located as well as the entrypoint to all Flashpoints, the dreaded situation of standing in a quest-less zone spamming chat for groups was forced into existence, and there's no avoiding it.

The Galactic Trade Network needs work - but that's no reason to leave. What the GTN did, however, was show me other little things that seem flawed with the game.

Crafting is a joke. Biochem and Cybertech are the only things worth having (and the useful items from BioChem require you have the profession to use them, or so I was told) whereas everything else is actually a huge money and time-sink for no payoff. When you consider that Mods can be bought with commendations and orange gear will last until level 50, the use for crafted gear falls squarely to supplementing the slots you don't have oranges for and gearing companions. I'm actually surprised there was a market for green and blue items considering their ultimate worthlessness even on my server - but as people learn the nature of items in this game, they'll realize how pointless the bulk of gear is.

Then there's the palette swaps. There appear to be maybe twenty designs for Sith Inquisitor gear overall, much of it copied with slight variations on color and pattern and almost all of it (spoiler: incoming opinion) completely hideous. At maximum level all of the gear looks essentially identical, and while this is no different from other MMO's currently out, I was told it would be different. To note my leveling experience, I picked up Synthweaving and crafted a few oranges (the Dark Acolyte's set) and haven't found a piece I liked better visually yet. (I check the pieces on the GTN daily.)

For my experience, personally, part of an enjoyable MMO is seeing pretty things and going after them, but for me TOR has no pretty things. There's no armor piece from a dungeon I felt the need to hunt down, and without being able to view weapons in the dressing room, what little I've seen comes from the other players I've encountered - there are no shiny weapons for me either. Visually, there's nothing drawing me to my character, the choices I made at creation were largely concessions - choosing what I hated the least out of what was offered.

But really, those things shouldn't destroy my experience. But reflecting on my experience, all I seem to remember strongly are small, nit-picky problems.

Hating an operative by level 20 and needing to re-roll because you can't change AC's and at level 10 they didn't tell you you were choosing between an awkward healer with melee and ranged skills versus a rogue with awkward healer and ranged skills.

Or rolling two Sorceresses after discovering there was no upward cap on respec costs despite wanting to play both Madness and Corruption within the same AC.

Discovering that PvP sorely needs diminishing returns on stuns and a significant nerf to expertise as well as class re-balancing between mirrored classes, as well as a hatred for Assassins and Shadows for their ability to tank, harass, stealth and re-stealth in warzones that rely heavily on defending nodes.

Frustration at the need to return to Fleet every morning to pick up PvP and FP dailies, as well as sit there doing virtually nothing while waiting for FP groups because it's the only gateway.

Discovering that there is no gear that appeals to me visually for the one class I enjoy the most.

As well as a few personal realizations about what made other MMO's so much more enjoyable for me. WoW players may remember the white-lion pet that Alliance hunters had to steal out from under horde players on PvP servers to acquire, or the ridiculous but amusing glitch that caused certain pets to stay elite after taming. Vanilla players will remember the first time they saw Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker and thought "where the hell did that come from?" or remember their first attunement quests. Some may remember unexpectedly dying to the first ritual-of-doom they helped cast, or the debacle that was Teremus the Devourer kiting (an experience shared across many MMO's that allowed players to kite or train ridiculous things into low-level towns).

I don't need those exact moments anew, but for me, right now, I've realized that TOR won't have any of those moments for me. There doesn't seem to be anything unexpected that players can pull off beyond cheating their way into millions of credits, there don't seem to be any items that make you go "woah."

End-game gear can be farmed by commendations, there are no surprises in that regard. All this amounts to the game only featuring story as a significant motivating factor for me.

And to be completely honest, there are things about the storytelling that irk me too. Lines of copy-pasta dialogue, the utter obviousness of impending betrayals or "surprise" assassins. The nonsensical nature of certain decisions players are allowed to make, the bizarro-world application of Light vs Dark morality to some decisions, and the fact that none of those decisions affects anything outside it's contained sphere in the end... makes the story seem like a gimmick rather than a feature.

As a sidenote, I also see no reason for the planets to not feature a day/night cycle after witnessing the stories on them.

As another seemingly irrelevant sidenote: Companions seem to be both a blessing and curse. On the one hand, they make questing easy for all and provide more story components for players, and a tiny reputation grind. On the other hand: 2V-R8, the fact that everyone and their mom playing a sith warrior will - at the earliest available moment - brag about having implied intercourse with Jaessa as well as cackle wildly over their sadistic nature each and every time they shock Vette with a collar - I think I've ignored more immature players who can't stop talking about that than I've friended people.

For those who wanted to skip to the end...

I can't say that the sometimes cliche or gimmicky story, the broken PvP, the worthless Auction House and server economy, the lack of shiny objects to chase and a working progression system to go with that, class imbalances, lack of personally satisfactory player customization, character weapons and armor visuals nor the lack of day/night cycles are - on their own - enough to make me not want to play the game. But combined and added to the fact that TOR seems like it won't have any noteworthy moments-of-interest for me make it hard to justify paying a subscription for a game I spend at least a few minutes every play session wondering whether or not I'm actually enjoying.

And yes, I'll actually send you my stuff if you catch me in-game. You have what, nine days?

oh my god, you hit the nail on the head. I think you read my mind, this is exactly what my problems are with the game.

I remember playing WoW and had those WOW moments, stupid things like going to horde town, feeling in danger and trying to tame the white lion. I remember I brought a few guildies with me and it broke out into a massive pvp war in the barrens, and those things I will NEVER FORGET.

Things like gathering up stealthies to go into Ironforge to gank players and terrorize and try to bring out the alliance's top guys to battle us out.

Things that I really miss about WoW although it doesn't exist anymore.

Oh, and the gear...I don't think I've ever went WOW with a piece of gear in ToR...sad.

My only problem with the game is that it is exactly what I was expecting. Kotor meets WoW. I was actually excited about that Idea as I love both games/franchises. Anway, played a couple classes into their late 30's and just found that I didnt love the game.

Not that other people wont, or its not a great game. Just not for me.

I made a thread but here I will list my issues to go with and add.

Key issues that make me hate this game, and not want to level a alt.

1) Storyline is great, loved it. However, the planet storyline and questing format is the most mind numbing hassle in the world. I don't want the game to be easy, but at the same time. I want the game to be fun and not with hidden time sinks. So might I ask, why the hell on a lot of the quest, do we have to fight a mountain of mobs, just to get to the area? That is not making the game harder, that is just making it mind numbing repetitive.

2) Class balance, This is something that can be worked on in the future...However, Three thoughts about class balance from the class I play.

A) The video promo showed hoods for mara, I thought hey cool, I like that style.. but guess what? We only got a hooded armor for pvp? while heavy armor gets the Hoods? HUH?

B) The vendors have two options for other classes on hilts, yet a lot of them only has one for warriors? Why? I don't understand, and it seems to be the low level one at that. Lets not even mention the fact dark side vendor has no medium armor for mara?

C) Another Class one, Too many skills, and most of them are pointless. I have a naga, and I'm flooded with skills. What the heck is the point of having this many skills? The class does not flow well at all, compare to other classes. Also, leveling up was the most mind numbing boring thing to do. I did not feel like a sith at all, compare to assassins, and sorc. So really why was this not mention? I see BH do death from above destory a group, where I have to blow every single cd and be done with low life?

3) Lack of end game. This has already been talked about to death, First impressions can make or break mmos. There is a lot of mmos that got better once the damage is done. It had a hard time picking back up the numbers. The only reason why I think you don't have a lfg queue system is because of how mind numbing easy the hard mode missions are. I mean wows heroic are tougher.

4) Ui option, also another thing been talked about to death. This is basic stuff!

5) Lack of macros, again basic things MMO needs.

6) Lack of control with companies, I try to assign keys for them to do a CC move. Nope can't do it. Got to have the bar under mine to use the skill. Lets not even talk about the fact once I use it. They shoot the mob breaking the cc. ***?

7) No chat bubbles? For a game that wants to be social and for people who like to rp. That is kinda weird for this to not be added.

8) Trade skills balance, Bio tech is the king of them all, it's the only one that I've found that matters the most end game.

9) No end game trade economy and if there is one, its pretty bad.

10) Space combat not giving xp after done the dailies. Really? So if I want to level a alt, I'm force to put up with issue one or pvp?