IS i ta bug that you can't friend/guild invite people that aren't online?

Stiler

So I'm a member at a gaming forum and while trying to organize the guild for it it's EXTREMELY hard trying to get everyone in, as you can not /friend or send guild invites to anyone who isn't online at the time you do it.

Is this a bug or is it how it's meant to be? CAn't see the reason behind that.

So I'm a member at a gaming forum and while trying to organize the guild for it it's EXTREMELY hard trying to get everyone in, as you can not /friend or send guild invites to anyone who isn't online at the time you do it.

Granted I haven't played a lot of MMOs but for Guild invites at least that's the way it's been on the ones I have played.

If you formed a Guild on the website before Early Access started then invites are automatic when someone joins the server.

In every MMO I have ever played you could never send a guild invite to a character that is not currently logged in and playing.

As for a regular friends invite, not sure. I know it works in other games.

Same problem Trying to set up a guild, and we're trying to get each other friended up so we can coordinate things... but we can't add each other to our friend lists. Same server, off the tutorial world, etc, but "XYZ Does not exist." Hope they fix it soon.

Interesting.. It worked the same way in DDO I believe... With one rather significant difference.

As an officer or leader, you could make a "guild token" and then simply send it by mail to whomever you wished to invite... Once they came online, they could open the mail, take the token, click it and they then got the opportunity to join the guild in question...

You could only create such tokens every some-some minutes however... I assume to prevent spamming... But it worked very well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.