I feel a bit sexist for saying this, but there are too damn many female leaders.

Duradel

Are you claiming a very thin man is inherently superior in strength to a bulky female, purely because he is a man?

You see what is happening because of all that "equality"?

It's now normal for man to be weaker than a female... Now I'm not implying that a female can't be strong, but still, I like a strong male. But it just seems that society encourages males to be "less stronger", because it's OK now.

Also, women do differ from men on a mental level. Women are more emotional, they handle stress differently.

Edited by Mechavomit

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are talking about known athletes then yes of course, That is simply because there are nowhere near as many women body builders in the world as there are men, the reasoning for this i have already stated beforehand.

It has nothing to do with the amount of women in body building. Just look up world records for bench press, squats, and dead lifts yourself.... There is a huge gap between the two.

Actually, all those women at home with the kids, weren't maidens in distress, they were also trained to defend the house and village should the men be away, they were all Samurai, hence the reason why Samurai lived in their own villages, of course, the women weren't nearly as well trained as the men, as they had other things to perfect, but the point stands, the numerical difference is nowhere near as big as many make it out to be.

It is nothing like absurd, The reasoning for this is purely based on 'Men don't hit women' and because males generally feel uncomfortable when faced with a woman in almost all sports.

Now yes there are biological differences, but those differences do not inherently state women cannot in any way be as strong as men, that's a stereotype, it is down to the individual not the gender group, Are you claiming a very thin man is inherently superior in strength to a bulky female, purely because he is a man? now that would be absurd, You will find that in many countries, women and men are put together in tournaments purely because the differentiation isn't nearly as large as you'll find in many western societies.

You are putting words into my mouth.

Fact: the AVERAGE strength of a man is greater than the AVERAGE strength of a woman. In every culture, and every society. Does that mean that there aren't weak men and strong women? No. Does that mean that that women in the military are significantly less than men, in any society and culture? Yes. And it's not only a matter of strength, men are naturally more aggressive and violent, on a biological level, not just because society says so, this also plays a huge part in the matter.

You are the one that said that in combat skill is all that matters. So I ask you, if that is true, why does boxing have separate brackets based on weight? Try to put a Lightweight againts a superheavyweight of the exact same skill level, and see what happens.

Edited by Malderak

You see what is happening because of all that "equality"?

It's now normal for man to be weaker than a female... Now I'm not implying that a female can't be strong, but still, I like a strong male. But it just seems that society encourages males to be "less stronger", because it's OK now.

Also, women do differ from men on a mental level. Women are more emotional, they handle stress differently.

I am not arguing that women are stronger than men, i am stating that Women can be AS strong, as long as they have the drive to do so.

I am not arguing that women are stronger than men, i am stating that Women can be AS strong, as long as they have the drive to do so.

Nope, there are separate brackets for men and women in heavylifting, as in all sports. Look up the records for both, you'll notice the difference.

It has nothing to do with the amount of women in body building. Just look up world records for bench press, squats, and dead lifts yourself.... There is a huge gap between the two.

What you have just stated is absolutely ridiculous, if there are more men who bodybuild than women, then which group has a greater chance of having the strongest people? you guessed it, if China decided to fund all sports properly and make it a basic part of their national curriculum then i guarantee the Chinese would dominate sports globally, why? the chinese population is far larger than any two national populations put together, the bigger the pool of practitioners, the bigger chance of success.

What you have just stated is absolutely ridiculous, if there are more men who bodybuild than women, then which group has a greater chance of having the strongest people? you guessed it, if China decided to fund all sports properly and make it a basic part of their national curriculum then i guarantee the Chinese would dominate sports globally, why? the chinese population is far larger than any two national populations put together, the bigger the pool of practitioners, the bigger chance of success.

What part of "women are BIOLOGICALLY incapable to reach the same MAXIMUM strength level of men" eludes you? That's fact, not opinion.

Edited by Malderak

Males just have more muscle mass. That is how nature is.

They are meant to be stronger. Physically.

You are putting words into my mouth.

Fact: the AVERAGE strength of a man is greater than the AVERAGE strength of a woman. In every culture, and every society. Does that mean that there aren't weak men and strong women? No. Does that mean that that women in the military are significantly less than men, in any society and culture? Yes. And it's not only a matter of strength, men are naturally more aggressive and violent, on a biological level, not just because society says so, this also plays a huge part in the matter.

You are the one that said that in combat skill is all that matters. So I ask you, if that is true, why does boxing have separate brackets based on weight? Try to put a Lightweight againts a superheavyweight of the exact same skill level, and see what happens.

Have you been reading anything i have stated? should i just stop now? because you seem to hide behind the same arguments repeatedly, refer to my above post why obviously a numerically superior pool of potential will always draw a bigger result than a much smaller one, Now you can state your biological differences as much as you want, but that doesn't change the fact that Women have proved that they can rise to the challenge just the same as man can.

Manny Pacquiao is recognized as pound for pound the best boxer on earth, and all of his opponents have been far larger than himself, size means nothing when your opponent can punch like lightning.

What part of "women are BIOLOGICALLY incapable to reach the same MAXIMUM strength level of men" eludes you? That's fact, not opinion.

Actually BIOLOGICALLY the difference is NOWHERE NEAR as large as many men would like you to believe, scientists once believed that Women's brains were far smaller than a man's, just how ridiculous did that turn out to be?

Males just have more muscle mass. That is how nature is.

They are meant to be stronger. Physically.

True strength lies in bone structure and the diet of that particular athlete, most Asian men are smaller than others, they went and invented Muay Thai Boran, the most physically demanding martial art in the world and that uses purely bone as it's strength, instead of just muscle.

Then how to you explain the fact there are male chefs, hair dressers, or nurses that are better at what they do than their female counterpart. All these professions are dominated by women but men still raise to the top. Just like there are female doctors, engineers, or mechanics that are far superior than their male counterparts.

Edited by Sykres

Have you been reading anything i have stated? should i just stop now? because you seem to hide behind the same arguments repeatedly, refer to my above post why obviously a numerically superior pool of potential will always draw a bigger result than a much smaller one, Now you can state your biological differences as much as you want, but that doesn't change the fact that Women have proved that they can rise to the challenge just the same as man can.

Manny Pacquiao is recognized as pound for pound the best boxer on earth, and all of his opponents have been far larger than himself, size means nothing when your opponent can punch like lightning.

Manny Pacquaio is champion in the welterweight category, his opponents were all in the size deemed appropriate for one in his category.

And this has nothing to do about women being able to rise to all challenge and all that stuff. You said that skills in combat is all that matters. Wrong, size and strength give you a huge advantage in hand to hand combat. Ask any boxer. You are the one that said that potentially a woman can equal the bodybuilding or heavy lifting records of the male bracket of their sport. Wrong, ask any anthropologist.

Edited by Malderak

Then how to you explain the fact there are male chefs, hair dressers, or nurses that are better at what they do than their female counterpart. All these professions are dominated by women but men still raise to the top. Just like there are female doctors, engineers, or mechanics that are far superior than their male counterparts.

You're getting on the wrong topic here =)

We're talking about physical abilities , not "men being better in everything blah blah blah"

Edited by Mechavomit

No one said men are better at everything blah blah blah...

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude. Just thought that your post wasn't entirely related to the discussion.

But if you think of it.. pretty much in every profession the best of the best will most likely be men. A bit sad.

It's obvious that this is an exercise in futility as none of you will give any ground on the matter through sheer stubborn belief that men are inherently superior to women in such things, so I'll save myself the headache of debating with such idiocies as this.

Hey, the only thing I don't agree on is the fact you state women can be just as physically strong as men. . .

When it comes to women as leaders? I'm completely fine with it. Most of the time I prefer a female boss over a male one.

Edited by Sykres

It's obvious that this is an exercise in futility as none of you will give any ground on the matter through sheer stubborn belief that men are inherently superior to women in such things, so I'll save myself the headache of debating with such idiocies as this.

Yeah, it's not like science states that in the human species males have inherent greater physical strength or anything, clearly this is only our sexist opinion.

My father is a Doctor and a scientist in these areas. I felt compelled to ask him about these things after reading this topic.

There are sevral fundamental diffrences between men and women when it comes to the body which in turn favors men when it comes to physical combat, Everything from stronger muscle fibers (by quite a margin) to more muscle fibers even in a simmilar sized muscle to a womans.

A more rubust skeleton structure with alot harder skeleton than women has.

Men also have alot fewer pain receivers in the skin (which is where mainly pain comes from in physical fighting)

And since my father is also a neuro pathologist with a big interest of the human brain he also explained a few diffrences between the brains of women and men, However those are nothing I will state here.

Bottom line is that a woman has to work three times harder to overcome the diffrences when it comes to the bodies of men and women. And ofcource men can reach higher than women ever can when it comes to strenght ect.

I did not write this to insult anyone women are just as good and valuable as men in all regards.

Edited by Slipzman

My father is a Doctor and a scientist in these areas. I felt compelled to ask him about these things after reading this topic.

There are sevral fundamental diffrences between men and women when it comes to the body which in turn favors men when it comes to physical combat, Everything from stronger muscle fibers (by quite a margin) to more muscle fibers even in a simmilar sized muscle to a womans.

A more rubust skeleton structure with alot harder skeleton than women has.

Men also have alot fewer pain receivers in the skin (which is where mainly pain comes from in physical fighting)

And since my father is also a neuro pathologist with a big interest of the human brain he also explained a few diffrences between the brains of women and men, However those are nothing I will state here.

Bottom line is that a Woman has to work three times harder to reach the fighting abilities of a normal man.

I did not write this to insult anyone women are just as good and valuable as men in all regards.

While you are at it, please ask him if the female weightlifting world champion has any chance to equal the strength of her male counterpart, please.

Regarding the female or male leaders..

In my experience both men and women accept a male leader quicker than a female leader. I do not want to discuss whether this is fair or just. It's something I've observed. Being used to having more men then women in positions of authority it is harder to ignore a feeling of 'something is off' when there are so many females in leadership in SWTOR.

But to the OP I would have to say 'get over it' :p It is a game and not a reflection of the real world. So get used to it. Saying that you feel the masculinity of the republic is in question, does sound sexist. As if the republic is worse of by being led by women instead of men.

And as a sidenote to the person somewhere above me saying that men will be better in traditional female jobs like hairdresser, chef, etc when they compete with women:

you have to take into account differences in ambitions and lifestyle. It is still mostly the woman's job to raise children, keep the house and tie social knots together. Most women simply do not have the drive to be 'the best' there is. They have other stuff they want to focus on too. And sadly so, it is generally more accepted if a men is succesful than if a woman is.