Need to sort out objective point system

Mynameisaron

So I played as my Jedi Shadow, it was on the alderaan warzone and I was sneaking behind the opposing team and capturing the points. i captured 80% of the capture points throughout the match and got two kills in the process and I was awarded 3k experience....

Surely achieving the objective is worth more than that?

So I played as my Jedi Shadow, it was on the alderaan warzone and I was sneaking behind the opposing team and capturing the points. i captured 80% of the capture points throughout the match and got two kills in the process and I was awarded 3k experience....

Surely achieving the objective is worth more than that?

No.

In huttball you can score 6 times and get no objective poitns at all.

In alderaan you get objective points for standing around at a node your team has already capped, not for capping it.

In huttball you get poitns for killing their flag carrier, but not for scoring yourself.

No, that doesn't make much sense. But this is a BW game and they obviously haven't the faintest clue how to design a PVP game.

Actually I'd be worried if they added objective points for scoring in Huttball, I think it would lead to people being greedy and trying to run the ball from one end to the other. It doesn't really promote passing. And of course, you can't really award for passing either as people would just toss the ball back and forth.

Maybe they could add an assist medal for a pass within 30 seconds of a goal being scored.

Actually I'd be worried if they added objective points for scoring in Huttball, I think it would lead to people being greedy and trying to run the ball from one end to the other. It doesn't really promote passing. And of course, you can't really award for passing either as people would just toss the ball back and forth.

Maybe they could add an assist medal for a pass within 30 seconds of a goal being scored.

Sure you can. When there is a cap you can award objective points to everyone who contributed. It wouldn't be hard to work out a system to check for contribution.

It would certainyl be better than the current farce where people farm objective points by throwing it to a low-health opposition member then instantly ganking them for mad objective points. That system is REAL well thought out.

It doesn't make any sense because it rewards people sitting afk at a node doing nothing and doesn't reward people who actually win the game by capping a node.

it reawrds ppl making sure other team doesnt walk up and take it

Edited by tindin

it reawrds ppl macking sure other team doesnt walk up and take it

No it doesn't. It rewards people sitting there afk doing nothing.

If it actually rewarded DEFENSE that would be one thing but it doesn't. It rewards you for sitting there even if you do nothing at all.

It would be easy enough to have a system that grants you a reward when you deal damage/heal/etc in the vicinity of a node you own. Instead of just giving you periodic points for sitting there afk.

It doesn't make any sense because it rewards people sitting afk at a node doing nothing and doesn't reward people who actually win the game by capping a node.

No it doesn't. It rewards people sitting there afk doing nothing.

If it actually rewarded DEFENSE that would be one thing but it doesn't. It rewards you for sitting there even if you do nothing at all.

It would be easy enough to have a system that grants you a reward when you deal damage/heal/etc in the vicinity of a node you own. Instead of just giving you periodic points for sitting there afk.

there you go the 2nd one is more then just a troll... i agree that just getting points for sitting there isnt fair to the ppl trying to take them over.

a system where you get points for realy defending would be better and all we can do is hope the BW see's this and changes it

As far as I have been able to tell, the problem is that offensive points are not counted properly. My observations are as follows:

1. If you move your pointer over the objective points score for any player at the end of a warzone, you will see that it consists of two separate categories: "Capture Effort" and "Defense Effort". For each player, these categories always contribute exactly the same number of objective points.

2. Players receive medals for Defense Effort (e.g. "Defender" for 1k defense points). Players do not receive any medals for Capture Effort.

3. When winning a Huttball game 6 - 0, it's possible for the winning team to have a grand total of almost 0 in Objectives score. (see http://i44.tinypic.com/2mod1kp.jpg as an example)

My conclusions/assumptions are thus:

1. Defense Effort counts as both Defense Effort and Capture Effort.

2. Nothing currently gives Capture Effort.

As far as I have been able to tell, the problem is that offensive points are not counted properly. My observations are as follows:

1. If you move your pointer over the objective points score for any player at the end of a warzone, you will see that it consists of two separate categories: "Capture Effort" and "Defense Effort". For each player, these categories always contribute exactly the same number of objective points.

2. Players receive medals for Defense Effort (e.g. "Defender" for 1k defense points). Players do not receive any medals for Capture Effort.

3. When winning a Huttball game 6 - 0, it's possible for the winning team to have a grand total of almost 0 in Objectives score. (see http://i44.tinypic.com/2mod1kp.jpg as an example)

My conclusions/assumptions are thus:

1. Defense Effort counts as both Defense Effort and Capture Effort.

2. Nothing currently gives Capture Effort.

so realy it's there just not working right.....i hope it gets fixed soon then