This que is horrible

Babyduck

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first accurate judge of a launch comes in a month, not next week.

Indeed...so really, there's been no failure, what's going on, is a very organized (from what I see) allowance of entry to the game.

I see people making up conspiracy theories in this thread, and I wish they would just drop it. Bioware isn't the big, bad, evil...if they were, they'd just take your money and close the servers up tight. :D Or something like that.

Just be patient guys..your turn will come, and when your turn comes, I'll probably be the last one in the door.. so cheer up, this is the game you always wanted to play right? Don't go in with a grumpy face on..go in and have a damned good time! :)

I'll be cheering you all on. :)

HURRR

Once there was a granny in front of me when waiting in line in Starbucks. She was serviced first because she obviously came before me, I totally could have been in front of her if I decided to go to starbucks earlier.

So naturally I yelled at everyone in Starbucks complaining that I should be served at the same time as the granny and then I picked up a chair....

OH WAIT, THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN... you know why? I'm not a freaking 5 years old self centered brat.

Seriously, you have been able to pre order this game for like a year now, a friend of mine who pre ordered a few months back is already playing.

He pre ordered before me, so he gets to play before me, perfectly reasonable if you are not an irrational hateful individual prone to suffer from periods.

Edited by AndantePhist

Really? did he just say what i though he said? He wants BW to put handy-cap parking in the que? LOL dude this has to be the funniest thing I've read all week...thank you

um thats not what i said at all, i said people who could not order early because of financial reasons are being punished with having to wait while people with extra cash could buy day 1, that is segregation and favoritism

i did not say bioware should give them anything at all, i'm just pointing out it was the wrong way to do things

Edited by fishboyy

You've been reading the thread. You've seen them.

1) Server population is low, but players are still being kept out

2) BW took 2 days to give the community any kind of rough timetable regarding when people would be allowed in.

Note that the complaints are, for the most part, NOT about not getting 5 days access. Nor do they relate to the "first-come, first-served" issue (except with respect to the timetable, which was not in the faq).

there is not one low populated us server right now.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

Indeed...so really, there's been no failure, what's going on, is a very organized (from what I see) allowance of entry to the game.

I see people making up conspiracy theories in this thread, and I wish they would just drop it. Bioware isn't the big, bad, evil...if they were, they'd just take your money and close the servers up tight. :D Or something like that.

Just be patient guys..your turn will come, and when your turn comes, I'll probably be the last one in the door.. so cheer up, this is the game you always wanted to play right? Don't go in with a grumpy face on..go in and have a damned good time! :)

Well, gee wiz

Aren't you a ray of freaking sunshine ...:)

This is my third launch of a MMO and I must say it is by far the worst that I have experienced. I do not like the mushroom treatment I feel we are being given. They should have given us some clue of when to expect to get invited rather then have us sit in limbo for seven days possibly. This is a terrible way to treat customers.

Thank you for the bump but unless you have some thing relevant to add to this discussion please refrain from posting in this thread.

Don't blindly pre-order games then?

You throw your money and often you lose most of what you thought you were paying for. Huge portions of the market swing around to check new games out then go back to what they're competent at.

There's two ways for the companies to deal with this: spend too much and have to sell servers or set up for what they want to keep and initiate queues to keep the servers from being ruined by this clogging-by-entitlement-fools.

I'd rather have a nice queue system than spend all my time loading then crashing because there are too many queued graphics running in a given area.

That's just how it is, making a forum thread followed by a thousand idiots isn't going to change how money gets spent, it just makes everybody look stupid.

Edited by delfitephra

/Claps till he breaks all his fingers for you! :)

I will be cheering you on too :)

im a barbie girl, in a barbie world!!!!. its fantastic!!!!

sorry. what i meant to say was, DANG RIGHT!! ITS STAR WARS. ITS FRICKEN STAR WARS!!!!

You've been reading the thread. You've seen them.

1) Server population is low, but players are still being kept out

2) BW took 2 days to give the community any kind of rough timetable regarding when people would be allowed in.

Note that the complaints are, for the most part, NOT about not getting 5 days access. Nor do they relate to the "first-come, first-served" issue (except with respect to the timetable, which was not in the faq).

2 days? come on and man up just a little bit...2 FING days?!?! Go play world of pandas and kill deathwing....again

Bioware never claimed this was about stability. Just because you don't like something or it negatively impacts you doesn't make it a punishment. There pre-launch has not changed in any way since it was announced, except that they gave everyone 2 extra days (those evil cads!).

Actually, they did, quite straightforwardly too. Get your facts straight - their MAIN REASON for the staggered early access was to HELP STABILITY

It is extra but when you Pre-Order the $5 Guarntees you early access up to 5 days, this is fine but some people are getting 6-7 days added for being earlyer and some are (maby) getting 3-4 days less.

First come first serve, but at the same time..there are MASSES of people wanting to play, so they need to stagger it. I'll be last I'm pretty sure..but I am not complaining about it. This is an exciting time, and I am bound I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

Note the words..."up to" that does not guarantee exactly five days..but you will gain entry before the 20th for sure.

First... waiting sucks.

Second.... if you couldnt afford it until alter too bad, welcome to mother fudging reality homeboy.

Third... The 5 day thing was a misleading, yet most of us should still sneak in by the weekend. Yay. Go play Skyrim or something until then.

Actually, they did, quite straightforwardly too. Get your facts straight - their MAIN REASON for the staggered early access was to HELP STABILITY

And that argument goes out the window when the 20th rolls along unless they plan on staggering new customers.

HURRR

He pre ordered before me, so he gets to play before me, perfectly reasonable if you are not an irrational hateful individual prone to suffer from periods.

Thats all fine but when it comes down to guarnteed and set stuff it makes that line more edgy soo say, you was infront of the grandma by 5 people then she got to go in front cause she was old and then 3 other people got in front cause they had to rush they get what they want first while you even been at front, are getting pushed back for reasons what seem abit unfair if all you asked for was a exspresso.

they also said "over time" maybe their guaging high population times and looking at ms data and lag etc.. jesus l2patience. and also l2read

um thats not what i said at all, i said people who could not order early because of financial reasons are being punished with having to wait while people with extra cash could buy day 1, that is segregation and favoritism

It takes you over half a year to get 50 bucks?

My friend ordered this game like 2-3 months ago and he already got in...

You are just grasping for straws here

Don't blame other people just because you're not smooth enough to smooch 50 bucks off your parents for over half a year.