Stopgap measure: Block lvl 50 from warzones until patch

Dragoon-

As a stopgap measure block lvl50's from joining warzones until the patch introduce brackets.

There are much more below >lvl50 than lvl50 players.

By allowing lvl50 to join and play with low level players you screw the majority to please the few.

Sure you buff the damage of low level players, but the problem is not the lack of damage it's the lack of talents.

Even worse low level players joining a pvp match experiencing this imbalance leave frustrated, rightly I may add. Destined to never return, but certainly not forgetting the bad experience and maybe even spreading the word.

In worst case this will cost you subscription. Was this not foreseeable during the design phase or even beta testing.

Lvl50 can still have pvp on Ilum. Of course I say this sarcastically since there is no rewards for defending only attacking. Which leads to the ridicules situation that your own side insults you if put up a defense. Since you are ruining the item farming for everyone.

Seriously had your PVP director any prior experience in mmo or even multiplayers. These "oversights" seem pretty amateur to me and easily avoidable during pre production brainstorming.

This is a terrible idea. "Quick guys lets alienate the playerbase that has spent the largest amount of time playing this game."

Edit: I should say, I don't even have a level 50 and I feel this way.

Edited by Rehash

As a stopgap measure block lvl50's from joining warzones until the patch introduce brackets.

By allowing lvl50 to join and play with low level players you screw the majority to please the few.

Sure you buff the damage of low level players, but the problem is not the lack of damage it's the lack of talents.

Even worse low level players joining a pvp match experiencing this imbalance leave frustrated, rightly I may add. Destined to never return, but certainly not forgetting the bad experience and maybe even spreading the word.

In worst case this will cost you subscription. Was this not foreseeable during the design phase or even beta testing.

Lvl50 can still have pvp on Ilum. Of course I say this sarcastically since there is no rewards for defending only attacking. Which leads to the ridicules situation that your own side insults you if put up a defense. Since you are ruining the item farming for everyone.

Seriously had your PVP director any prior experience in mmo or even multiplayers. These "oversights" seem pretty amateur to me and easily avoidable during pre production brainstorming.

I support this, it has to be done IMMEDIATELY! Most of my guild is refusing to queue up for Warzones now because they are filled with 50s. 9 Warzones today so far, and 7 of them were SOLID 50s on the otherside!

I know of at least 12 friends that cancelled already over this. It's destroyed the game. How could they NOT see this coming?!?!?! Whoever put in PVP like this should be taken out back and beat with a stick.

They're fixing it soon. It's not like they could have done it from the onset, it would have simply left fresh 50s with a queue and then they would have been the ones complaining and supposedly leaving in droves.

Yeah it sucks atm being 34 and going against geared 50s but it's temporary and I still leave with xp and credits at the end of the match and occasionally I even feel as though I contributed.

Right now I just dismiss anything that really happens in WZs, if I get shat on by multiple 50s looking for easy kills, whatever. Soon they'll have to actually fight a fair fight so I take some satisfaction in that and simply move on.

Well, those 50's are still paying a monthly subsrciption so they have every right to enjoy everything the game has to offer.

They just need to either...

a. Get rid of expertise.

or

b. Give all PvP armor expertise.

At lvl 42 I can take out lvl 49s 1vs1. It can be dificult to get a good 50 player in expertise gear to 70% health before I die.

The only reason for such a stat to exist would be to make PvP less effective than PvE armor of equal level in a PvE environment. As it is solely a level 50 affair all it has done is alienated players into 50 (easy mode) vs everyone else. There is alot of animosity toward 50s as being unskilled players who can't cut it on an even playing field because, well, they don't have to have any skill to steamroll non-50s.

Edited by Dayshadow

That patch is on the testing server already. Don't you think you're being a little premature? Even I want brackets, but I can wait another week.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.