Bobba fett vs Jango fett

CloudOfBr

So if these two people met with the exact same weapons, who would win? I understand people saying Jango because Bobba's a clone, but think about it. Bobba's gonna know most if not all of Jango's fighting techniques. They both have the same maximum ability, but most likely Jango didn't hit his maximum ability before he died. I think Bobba fett is closer to his maximum ability because he knows almost everything Jango knows along with some tips he learned and picked up throughout his travels.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if these two people met with the exact same weapons

Well what would be the point in that? It's more interesting to pit them against each other with their own chosen weaponry. Bounty Hunters of their caliber often customize their gear to great levels, let them use it.

I understand people saying Jango because Bobba's a clone

First off, It's Boba. 1 B.

Second, Boba Is a pure clone. He doesn't have any behavioral modifications, or growth acceleration so he's not hindered the same way some Clone Troopers would be.

That argument is kinda invalid.

but think about it. Bobba's gonna know most if not all of Jango's fighting techniques.

At the time of Episode 2 he didn't know Everything his father intended to teach him, but even at 10 years old he was more than capable of defending himself.

I think It was limited how many of Jango's techniques he learned after his death.

They both have the same maximum ability, but most likely Jango didn't hit his maximum ability before he died.

I actually think he peaked prior to dying. He was chosen as the template for the Clones because 1. He was extremely good at killing Jedi. 2. He was the best Bounty Hunter in the galaxy at the time.

Shortly before he died he did kill a Jedi Master on the Jedi Council in 5 shots.

I think Bobba fett is closer to his maximum ability because he knows almost everything Jango knows along with some tips he learned and picked up throughout his travels.

If he knew almost everthing Jango knew, plus what he learned on his own wouldn't that make them kind of equal?

who would win?

In the scenario you're describing? I'd go for a draw.

If they used the weapons, and armor they chose themselves I'd probably bet on Jango.

Jango has actually been evidenced to kill Jedi, Boba has not.

That he has. Both with blasters, and his bare hands.

I always found that both of them being able to kill jedi with their bare hands rather ridiculious, I mean I know that they are trained and such but the writers make it sound like they did it effortlessly which doesn't make sense. Jedi are extensively trained in CQC with a lightsaber, and most likely without in fact their lightsaber fighting styles probably give them a big advantage if they lost their saber. Maybe someone can shed some light on it though, the writers seem to make it sound as if Boba and Jango can do it without a scratch which I find highly unbelievable.

Maybe someone can shed some light on it though, the writers seem to make it sound as if Boba and Jango can do it without a scratch which I find highly unbelievable.

I actually wasn't aware Boba ever did the same.

As I recall, Jango only pulled it off In a fit of rage, and I'm not exactly sure how many, if any scratches he sustained in that fight.

I would say Jango also. He gave Obi-wan a good run for his money and was not an over-easy kill for Mace. Boba got off one inaccurate shot before look cut his blaster barrel of. Then he showed his clumsiness and bad awareness and got rocketed into the Sarlacc by his own jets. Especially if Jango got his dual blasters...he seemed pretty deadly with them.

lol boba is as good as jango and if you go later after return of the jedi if you follow any of the books boba would win hands down he does become a leader of a old race ;)

nope that actually never happens as he died in the sarlac.... killed by a blind smugler named Han.

As for the race leader thing, I guess it depends on if you consider the Mandos a race (I don't, they are actually a culture) but still your point is pretty much made.

Thing is, comparing them by their prowess on screen makes it difficult, because the OT obviously didn't have the effects and skillset to really do Boba justice like the prequils were able to do for Jango.

At the peak of their abilities with their choice of weapons on a neutral field of battle... I'd have to give the pure man to man combat edge to Jango, but Boba evolved into more than just a warrior, he became a leader and a symbol.

Lets just say, you didn't want either of them getting a contract for you, no matter whom you are.

As for the race leader thing, I guess it depends on if you consider the Mandos a race (I don't, they are actually a culture) but still your point is pretty much made.

Thing is, comparing them by their prowess on screen makes it difficult, because the OT obviously didn't have the effects and skillset to really do Boba justice like the prequils were able to do for Jango.

At the peak of their abilities with their choice of weapons on a neutral field of battle... I'd have to give the pure man to man combat edge to Jango, but Boba evolved into more than just a warrior, he became a leader and a symbol.

Lets just say, you didn't want either of them getting a contract for you, no matter whom you are.

except Boba didn't survive the Sarlac pit so everything that happens after ROTJ involving Boba is non canon.

Jango at least killed 1 jedi and went toe to toe against Obi Wan. Hell he probably would have killed Mace if he hadn't gotten trampled by that rhino beast thing.

I thought that was the point. But Jango Fett was Mandalore as well.

except Boba didn't survive the Sarlac pit so everything that happens after ROTJ involving Boba is non canon.

If we're only going on Movie canon there's no way Boba could ever match Jango based on what we see in the movies alone.

I think some EU is needed to provide adequate grounds for this fight. I say we let Boba live for this one. Besides falling in the sarlarc isn't Instant Death.

Jango at least killed 1 jedi and went toe to toe against Obi Wan.

Involving some more EU, Jango has at least 7 Jedi kills.

Hell he probably would have killed Mace if he hadn't gotten trampled by that rhino beast thing.

Maybe, maybe not. But he sure as hell would have given him a fight If his jet pack hadn't been trampled.

Edited by SammyRath

And where did you come up with this little tidbit?

Because as was noted...

In the original script for "Return of the Jedi", Boba Fett was supposed to escape from the Sarlacc's stomach in a scene following the main cast's escape. This scene was removed from the script as it was decided that it would be too distracting from the main plot, many people would be led to believe, and expect, Boba Fett would appear again later in the movie.
Edited by Ghrog

it's called Star Wars Canon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_wars_canon

Anything that is in the movies or that George Lucas says is the absolute truth and applies to both the movies and the EU.

George Lucas has stated many times that Boba Fett is dead therefore even though there are stories after ROTJ about Boba Fett they are all Non canon.

it's called Star Wars Canon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_wars_canon

Anything that is in the movies or that George Lucas says is the absolute truth and applies to both the movies and the EU.

George Lucas has stated many times that Boba Fett is dead therefore even though there are stories after ROTJ about Boba Fett they are all Non canon.

As quoted by the link you provided, "The Star Wars canon consists of the six Star Wars feature films, along with all officially licensed, non-contradicting spin-off works to the six films."

The books that have boba Fett living are licensed and as such, are Cannon according to Lucasfilm's then-continuity editor, Allan Kausch.

Later on Lucas does go on to state that the things that intrude in on his timeline are definitely non-canon (he refers to it as a parralel world) but as has been noted, in the origional script, fett escapes the Sarlacc, so apparently to Lucas this is the case.

I am waiting for you to show me an instance where Lucas states that Fett is dead, the link you provided doesn't have one utterance of Fett in it anywhere. As it stands, fett's escape is a C-canon which is canon unless G-canon or T-canon override it. Which there is no evidence of that I can find.

Yes according to Lucas nothing happens after Episode 6.

I maintain my position however, that we overlook our EU differences and include more info than just Movie Canon, otherwise this thread is going to be really boring to discuss if we only have the movie appearances of the Fett's to go on.

I am waiting for you to show me an instance where Lucas states that Fett is dead, the link you provided doesn't have one utterance of Fett in it anywhere. As it stands, fett's escape is a C-canon which is canon unless G-canon or T-canon override it. Which there is no evidence of that I can find.

Excellent point, I concur.

Edited by SammyRath

Because as was noted...

additionally you are wrong. It was never in the original script Here is what you are thinking of

""In the case of Boba Fett's death, had I known he was gonna turn into such a popular character, I probably would've made it a little bit more exciting. Boba Fett was just another one of the minions, another one of the bounty hunters and badguys. But, he became such a favorite of everybody's that, for having such a small part, uh he had a very large presence. And now that his history has been told in the first trilogy, y'know, it makes it even more of a misstep that we wouldn't make more out of the event of his defeat, because most people don't believe he died anyway. I'd contemplated putting in that extra shot in where he climbs out of the hole, but y'know I figure that's . . . it doesn't quite fit, in the end."

Source: Return of the Jedi DVD Commentary, 33:01, 9/04 "

When he wrote and filmed ROTJ Boba Fett was just another minon he talked about adding a scene the first time he remade the OT with the Special Edition but he decided to leave him dead

"There is also this comment by George "I don't know why. [Laughs]. I'm mystified by it. He's a mysterious character. He's a provocative character. He seems like an all powerful character, except he gets killed. Although he's gotten killed, the people who write the books, and everything, and the comics say 'we can't kill him, we gotta bring him back, we can't let him die!'"

Source: MTV re: Boba Fett's popularity

"

There are several other times where George has said the same thing over again

Boba Fett Is dead.

Edited by jarjarloves

Yes according to Lucas nothing happens after Episode 6.

I maintain my position however, that we overlook our EU differences and include more info than just Movie Canon, otherwise this thread is going to be really boring to discuss if we only have the movie appearances of the Fett's to go on.

Excellent point, I concur.

if you go on with the EU it's still Jango's match

Jango took on Obi Wan and lived.

Well GL has also said that the force was balanced after ROTJ. Therefore invalidating any EU with darksiders in it after ROTJ. AKA EVERYTHING THAT EVER HAPPENED AFTER ROTJ.

"4, 5, and 6, in which Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe..."

-GL

"But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story."

-GL

by your logic then any, and everything that happend after ROTJ in noncannon.

Edited by TheBentOne

additionally you are wrong. It was never in the original script Here is what you are thinking of

""In the case of Boba Fett's death, had I known he was gonna turn into such a popular character, I probably would've made it a little bit more exciting. Boba Fett was just another one of the minions, another one of the bounty hunters and badguys. But, he became such a favorite of everybody's that, for having such a small part, uh he had a very large presence. And now that his history has been told in the first trilogy, y'know, it makes it even more of a misstep that we wouldn't make more out of the event of his defeat, because most people don't believe he died anyway. I'd contemplated putting in that extra shot in where he climbs out of the hole, but y'know I figure that's . . . it doesn't quite fit, in the end."

Source: Return of the Jedi DVD Commentary, 33:01, 9/04 "

When he wrote and filmed ROTJ Boba Fett was just another minon he talked about adding a scene the first time he remade the OT with the Special Edition but he decided to leave him dead

"There is also this comment by George "I don't know why. [Laughs]. I'm mystified by it. He's a mysterious character. He's a provocative character. He seems like an all powerful character, except he gets killed. Although he's gotten killed, the people who write the books, and everything, and the comics say 'we can't kill him, we gotta bring him back, we can't let him die!'"

Source: MTV re: Boba Fett's popularity

"

There are several other times where George has said the same thing over again

Boba Fett Is dead.

Sounds to me like Lucas upon learning of Fetts popularity Retconned it (or rather allowed the retcon of it, after all, he has the final say over licensed material, if Fett is dead, then Lucas wouldn't have allowed him to be written in the books), like he said if he had known, and now that he does.

Besides, as I pointed out, no canon even overrides it still, an offhand comment by lucas about something that appeared to occur on screen is hardly canon.

Sounds to me like Lucas upon learning of Fetts popularity Retconned it (or rather allowed the retcon of it, after all, he has the final say over licensed material, if Fett is dead, then Lucas wouldn't have allowed him to be written in the books), like he said if he had known, and now that he does.

Besides, as I pointed out, no canon even overrides it still, an offhand comment by lucas about something that appeared to occur on screen is hardly canon.

Audio commentary on the DVD's is not an off hand comment

http://www.blueharvest.net/scoops/rotj-script.shtml

here is the script for ROTJ

"The impact of the swing causes the rocket pack to ignite. Boba

blasts off, flying over the second skiff like a missile, smashing

against the side of the huge Sail Barge and sliding away into the

pit. He screams as his armored body makes its last flight past

Lando and directly into the mucous mouth of the Sarlacc. The

Sarlacc burps"

notice the key word LAST FLIGHT

Think about this.

George Lucas has made several updates to the Original triology. He has gone back inserted footage (jabba and Han in A New Hope, the Biggs Scene in A New Hope) comletely remade scenes (Jaba's palace musical scene) and digitally replaced actors (adding Hayden Christin to ROTJ) But he has NEVER added Boba Fett crawling out of the Sarlac pit.

EDIT Think about this.

George Lucas said several times having Boba crawl out of the sarlac "wouldn't fit in the end" but he is completly ok that Greedo Shoots first.

yeah Boba Fett is 100% dead.

Edit edit: Also he very clearly does not retcon it even after learning about the popularity. He says he regrets not making his death more glorious. He also says that letting him live wouldn't be right in the end.

Edited by jarjarloves

Well here are some quotes i dug up that proves that everthing after ROTJ is non cannon if we use your logic.

"4, 5, and 6, in which Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe..."

-GL

"But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story."

-GL

by your logic then any, and everything that happend after ROTJ is noncannon.

Well here are some quotes i dug up that proves that everthing after ROTJ is non cannon if we use your logic.

-GL

-GL

by your logic then any, and everything that happend after ROTJ is noncannon.

not my logic but Star Wars Canon logic and yes you could make that arguement however it is clear that even in the script it says that Boba Fett is dead.