I wonder what Bioware thinks of so many players telling others to leave their game

Jeffor

When part of the forum complains that it's not enough like WoW, the other is complaining that it's too much like WoW.

When part of the forum complains that the graphics suck the other is complaing that the grapics are causing poor performance.

One group is for LFG tool, the other not.

One is for metrics tools, the other is not.

I guess my question to your question would be...

Who are they supposed to take more seriuos?

I can honestly say, this is easily the WORST cummunity I have ever seen of any MMO. Granted, I have never played WoW, nor will I. I am adult with a little more discernment. Insult aside, I hear this is pretty much the way the WoW cmmunity normally functions. Scream and yell about the most trivial thing, announce you're quitting and then make sure everyone knows it.

So, in addition to my question, do you think they really take anything posted on this General forum with any amount seriousness?

Money baths > screaming juveniles.

well i came for wow.... wow was a decent good game all in its own right i have trolled forums for a better part of a decade......... People complain because they want a MMO just launched to be like its been out for 10 years and it never runs out of content....And the majority of the older crowd thats played games for ever knows better, stuff takes time and nothing ever works the way you want it to.... That being said when Jan 19th rolls around there might not be anymore server ques period :cool: So the rest of us star wars nerds can only keep wishing that jawas become a playable class ::eek:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I'm a little tired of the people who lurk around here just to talk about how much they hate the game. (Bugs and other legitimate complaints notwithstanding).

Of course, people act like WoW isn't a buggy pile of junk, but that's another topic...

You mean the people with "I cancelled on this date, but I'm going to stay on the forums all day and tell people why, instead of moving on to something I enjoy." in their sig? Those people, ya hate them too.

The average personality of the poster on these forums is awful, some posts that are genuinely placed to raise discussion and awareness of game breaking problems are met with utter bile.

I think in many terms it is this awful playerbase that will bring down this game not the bugs that would eventually be fixed.

On the other hand there is a guinuine problem with WoW players who automatically assume that anything this is in WoW but isnt in SWTOR is automatically 'game breaking'.

TBH the majority of times i see a comment like 'good riddence, go back to WoW', it is in response to one of the endless destructive posts about how the 'game will fail' because they havent got Recount, combat logs, free respecs etc etc etc....

There is certainly an issue, but complaining about the symptoms rather than the disease isnt going to solve anything.

You mean the people with "I cancelled on this date, but I'm going to stay on the forums all day and tell people why, instead of moving on to something I enjoy." in their sig? Those people, ya hate them too.

Yup, the same ones who are threatening that the population will drop in game come the 20th because they will leave.

So they are basically saying they are logging into the game daily for hours on end in order to keep the population up in a game they cannot stand at all to play in it's current state?

I am pretty sure those who are dissatisfied with the game already made their exit.

Otherwise that's like saying you enjoy hitting yourself in the head with a hammer because you enjoy the way it feels once you stop.

Edited by Fraxture

well i came for wow.... wow was a decent good game all in its own right i have trolled forums for a better part of a decade......... People complain because they want a MMO just launched to be like its been out for 10 years and it never runs out of content....And the majority of the older crowd thats played games for ever knows better, stuff takes time and nothing ever works the way you want it to.... That being said when Jan 19th rolls around there might not be anymore server ques period :cool: So the rest of us star wars nerds can only keep wishing that jawas become a playable class ::eek:

Yeah, I am really looking forward to the forums and the game in the next billing cycle.

Certainly there are still going to be a percentage of the forum trashers. But ,thankfully, it will be diminshed.

So, back to addressing the OP.

Bioware may not take alook at the state of the game until things settle down.

Hello, folks! We ask that discussion on the General Discussion forum be centered around Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Due to it being a discussion on employees, rather than the game, we will be closing this thread for being off topic. Thank you!