Tanno Vik - yes but

Ngaemond

Made it to 50. Time to grow up and accept my likely role as Combat Medic and let go of Dorne in favor of a tank or dps companion. I love 4X. Great voice and personality. But no Cybertech so trying Vik.

He works great. Even with good green gear could just about solo heroic 2+ although it's slow and not sure I'll bother. But his personality is a bear. No idea how to make him happy. And when I made a Light side choice bam! lost 84 affection on the spot. Ouch. Hard to stay Light V with Vik.

It seems "which companion?" is a pretty hot topic of debate for Commandos. But if Vik is generally a good tanking companion for soloing - how on earth do you get along with him?

*Side note - I know plenty of 50 Commandos run with Arik or Yuun and I'd love to but find keeping them up during fights a bit challenging.

Either give him gifts or dismiss him during conversations.

This is an option. It's not completely as simple as lightside/darkside. I've done some lightside options that Vik has agreed with. Another thing is to pad your affection with him through conversation choices that don't affect either side.

Shamelessly stolen from Torhead:

Likes: Ruthlessness, mercenary behavior, mocking authority and everyone else, blowing things up

Dislikes: Kindness, self-sacrifice

Edited by Soshla

Vic is not always Dark Side. Basically, Vic is all about Vic ;) He likes conversation choices that go against authority, turn a profit, burn bridges and generally just being a wise guy. Pretty hard to do that with a light side mentality =\

Personally, I've grown very fond of 4x and have learned to live with his wacky way of tanking. Lot of people say he's way to squishy... but I think he's fine. Being cybertech helps a lot, of course.

Tanno is simply not a good person.

# Likes: Ruthlessness, mercenary behavior, mocking authority and everyone else, blowing things up

# Dislikes: Kindness, self-sacrifice

I am greatly looking forward to getting him, despite having gone pure Light choices so far. He will be a breath of fresh air after my other companions whining about anything you do that isn't 100% on the up n up, even Jorgan giving me grief about hitting on Jaxo (what kind of wing man are you??).

Vic wants him some him. If there is a choice that questions the mission but does not give LS/DS points take it. If there is an option to kick *** and take names then take it. Two things Vik likes are himself and kicking someones head in. If you choose wrong hit ESC and redo the conversation to your liking. Edited by Aaoogaa

As a combat medic Jorgan is probably the best companion since he has the best dps and is ranged. Its pretty easy to tank yourself with heals.

Vik is good but he tends to blow his aoe taunts at bad times, and meele companions sometimes run around not doing anything.

Made it to 50. Time to grow up and accept my likely role as Combat Medic and let go of Dorne in favor of a tank or dps companion. I love 4X. Great voice and personality. But no Cybertech so trying Vik.

You don't need Cybertech at level 50 to gear up 4X.

You can get orange:

1. Sensor Unit

2. Parts x 2

3. Motoer x 2

4. Blaster rifle.

There is actually a orange motor (or maybe its parts?) on Ilum that cost 80k credits, and is filled with 50 rated blue tanking slot items.

So buy 5 of those. Use two, and pull the mods out of the other two to fill up everything else in your gun.

Then go do a heroic 2 + on Beslavis (repeatable from bonus series, you have to unlockd) whose rewards lets you choose a level 50 weapon for one of your companions.)

I'm in the middle of this process myself, but running short on credits. I plan to post it up here when its done, but M1 is already quite a bad ***.

Tanno is simply not a good person.

# Likes: Ruthlessness, mercenary behavior, mocking authority and everyone else, blowing things up

# Dislikes: Kindness, self-sacrifice

I am greatly looking forward to getting him, despite having gone pure Light choices so far. He will be a breath of fresh air after my other companions whining about anything you do that isn't 100% on the up n up, even Jorgan giving me grief about hitting on Jaxo (what kind of wing man are you??).

I found forex to be cool. Yes, he likes when you follow orders and serve the republic.... No matter the cost in terms of innocents, no forgiveness of traitors etc. Like 80% of the time he end up preferring your dark option, 20% the light.

I get along with Tanno because I am "The Evil Medic" as my guildies call me. My heals have poison ration in them to make sure people need to come back for more healing mwuahaha..

Joke aside. U can always bribe them with gifts. This is how I have gotten my affection with the companions up since most of them hated me for fighting fire with fire against the Imps.