The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ionized Ignition over Soldiers Endurance

harenmacar

I want to know what people choose in their trees. if you look at your skills for building up assault spec (or even tactics with plasma cell), having those 3 points into that one ability seems redundant if you get Incendiary Round. I know IR has a 3 ammo cost but it lasts much longer and still burns the target for the bonuses for HIB and other skills in the tree.

If you have 12,000 Health then your health bumps up to 12,360 (quite a difference).

At 14,000 your bumped up to 14,420. Yes Ion pulse has a chance to later reduce the CD of HIB but so does stockstrike. Given our lower armor rating that ion cell i feel that soldiers endurance is a better choice later on (maybe not in earlier levels though).

Another note i want to ask about is reflexive shielding and adrenaline fueled. While reflexive shield will give you less snares more often when triggered (if you allocated points). It won't bring your health back and if you are relying on reflexive shield to keep you alive i feel like it will be a letdown. The bonus to adrenaline fueled is the CD on reserve Powercell as well. More free IR's or Assault plastiques (if you have them) i feel benefit you more in a long engagement.

No, Adrenaline Fueled would not benefit you in a long engagement. Vanguards have no problem churning out sustained dps. You WILL have a problem with survival.

Get Reflexive Shield. You are constantly taking damage. It also stacks with existing damage reduction. When you are low on health, popping it will make you virtually invincible giving healers enough time to heal you. It is an invaluable shield and a priceless talent to have.

Ionized Ignition is definitely better as well. The endurance trait is for tanks. Spamming Stockstrike is not possible due to the cooldown, you will resort to Ion Pulse more than you'd like. It would help its damage immensely to add a 600+ damage DoT every time it fires.

Edited by LordSemaj

If you have 12,000 Health then your health bumps up to 12,360 (quite a difference).

Actually, no you won't.

Everyone has a base health of 2500, your endurance then adds 10 hp for every point. So 12k hp is 950 in endurance. With 3 points in Soldier's Endurance you would have 978 endurance instead. An increase of 280 hp.

It's not a big difference (80 hp?) But still, if you consider 360 hp to be "quite a difference" 80 hp is more than a 20% change.

Honestly, I don't consider 300 HP when fully geared to be worth 3 skill points when you consider how much damage attacks are doing at that level.

Edited by TheRabbit