Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

2nd day of planned 4 waves, joking surely?

Lady_Femke

Who wants to bet the servers are going to be at light population after today's massive waves? Come on Bioware, what the hell are you afraid of?

dunno what servers you are looking at but ALL the US servers are sitting at high or full already

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot longer time and another 4 waves, seriously Stephen 18 hours since yesterdays waves, and empty servers for hours this morning EU time, and only 4 more waves planned today.

We helped you strees test the servers in November and had enough faith in the game to pre order and this is our loyalty repayment?

todays waves are bigger than yesterdays, for all we know it could be 75k players per wave

So hung up on BG exploits, why may I ask?

When management takes action on players after allowing exploits to happen ... aka allows one person to abuse the system but not another... its a big issue...

The problem with the exp issue is greater than the population knows... becasue the facts behind how its done is a huge bug in the game....It involves daily quest being infinatly repeatable...giving 15000 exp every 2-3 minutes to exploiters and if you did beta... and know the exp per level you see what 15000 exp does to leveling, not to mention the other things you get from a BG like comendation and credits.

Needs to be fixed before all waves are in

When management takes action on players after allowing exploits to happen ... aka allows one person to abuse the system but not another... its a big issue...

The problem with the exp issue is greater than the population knows... becasue the facts behind how its done is a huge bug in the game....It involves daily quest being infinatly repeatable...giving 15000 exp every 2-3 minutes to exploiters and if you did beta... and know the exp per level you see what 15000 exp does to leveling, not to mention the other things you get from a BG like comendation and credits.

Needs to be fixed before all waves are in

They have said they are investigating it for one, for two I'm am still failing to grasp the magnitude of OMG some will be a higher level than me. People that buy the game a week, month, year from now are all gonna be a lower level than ANY of us. I'm guessing they should just not buy the game?

They have said they are investigating it for one, for two I'm am still failing to grasp the magnitude of OMG some will be a higher level than me. People that buy the game a week, month, year from now are all gonna be a lower level than ANY of us. I'm guessing they should just not buy the game?

Its a PVP thing... when you get 50 theres only gear to seperate you from others...of course skill matters as well...

What the exploiting does is give an overwhelming gear advantage as well as level advantage....in pvp thats end game. its also the method they are using ...cheating is not condoned by gamers

You do understand that the higher level you are in the warfronts the more coin/commendations you receive when they end right? So being able to level up and then burn through a warfront every 2 minutes to gather a **** load of credits has a massive impact on the economy, and this impact is something that will last into the months on some servers. Having said that, at this point it's speculation as to whether this is happening on a "rampant" scale, which I suspect it is not. That's why Bioware hasn't done anything immediate about it. I've said before and I'll say it again, the most likely outcome is they do nothing.

If u didn't pre-order until nov or dec u might as well go do something else until this week end u won't be playing until then :eek:

Most likely you get in Monday, 19th, just before they shut down servers :D

Edit: Most of the EU servers are "Light", couple on "Standard" and it's pretty much prime time here atm (4:56PM CET). Lulz :D :D Same time pretty much every WoW server is listed as Full. What is going wrong? SWTOR has non players in EU while WoW has all of em? O.o

Edited by Tavarish

Its a PVP thing... when you get 50 theres only gear to seperate you from others...of course skill matters as well...

What the exploiting does is give an overwhelming gear advantage as well as level advantage....in pvp thats end game. its also the method they are using ...cheating is not condoned by gamers

The gear advantage is laughable. You will get gear, its not like since they are playing now, they will get gear that you will never have access to.

People will always find a way around a system given the oppurtunity, and no exploiting is not condoned, but people will do it and this will be a good litmus test to see how hard BW drops the hammer on them

You do understand that the higher level you are in the warfronts the more coin/commendations you receive when they end right? So being able to level up and then burn through a warfront every 2 minutes to gather a **** load of credits has a massive impact on the economy, and this impact is something that will last into the months on some servers. Having said that, at this point it's speculation as to whether this is happening on a "rampant" scale, which I suspect it is not. That's why Bioware hasn't done anything immediate about it. I've said before and I'll say it again, the most likely outcome is they do nothing.

and those credits gear you beyond what was intended in this timeline... as well as ruin the economy. This ruins servers... its a proven history lesson in mmo

hey hey now, we cant have the servers too full you know. How are people going to queue up to empty pvp matches that end in 2 minutes!!

Sigh. The worst part about all of this is at 11am they are going to tweet 4th wave out. See you tomorrow! It really doesn't look good lol.

Ok I admit that I didn't realize you got more credits, but to counterpoint that, we haven't even seen what the average number of credits at 50 is for an average player, nor have we seen the AH bandits that will make 2.5 times whatever number that is in half the time. Economy will be fine, you will get your own gear in time, the sky is not falling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.