2nd day of planned 4 waves, joking surely?

Lady_Femke

Hi, sorry for intruding into this thread, but BWMOD locked mine and sent me this way. So here it goes:

Would it kill BW to send another wave of invites, just to finish with October invites? Coz they've started sending out mail up to 2nd and got everyone's hopes up, but stopped right there.

In all seriousness, one more wave, just finish things up with October invites, feels kinda right(of course, the whole staggered access gig feels pretty wrong to me, but that's besides the point right now).

Oh, btw, I, myself pre-ordered in December. So there's really nothing in it for me, coz-well, let's face it-I'm gonna be one of the last ones in, anyway.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, sorry for intruding into this thread, but BWMOD locked mine and sent me this way. So here it goes:

Would it kill BW to send another wave of invites, just to finish with October invites? Coz they've started sending out mail up to 2nd and got everyone's hopes up, but stopped right there.

In all seriousness, one more wave, just finish things up with October invites, feels kinda right(of course, the whole staggered access gig feels pretty wrong to me, but that's besides the point right now).

Oh, btw, I, myself pre-ordered in December. So there's really nothing in it for me, coz-well, let's face it-I'm gonna be one of the last ones in, anyway.

I'm going to chime in some more here. DervimNorth don't ask for one wave, ask for them to let all EAG accessible members IN. No more WAVES all of us should be in game so they can actually do a test. When this goes live they are going to have double the numbers from sheer holiday alone. We need them to understand that its not a who did what 1st its their last chance to test their servers before people have a "right" to complain.

Petition thread anyone?

And being realistic, December pre-orders will most probably be Saturday or Sunday.

Nah i read somehwere that first day was like 140k ppl in 350k today more less. And its 475k left till 10 dec (after that no more data) so it seems that most ppl will get in b4 weekend.

Here is some of my thoughts of this whole thing.

As i like the idea of waves access cause worst thing is wait in queue of 6 ppl to kill 1 mob for quest that is not the worst thing after all to let ppl in smaller groups in but...

I buy preorder for mmo games cause i like progress fast be kinda going to be first if you know what i mean. But now there will be huge number of ppl way higher lvls then me(PVP wise for example) when i start and we all paid same money for that. It looks kinda not fair from that point of view.

i am just hoping for another bonus wave today or maybe 2. i am aware that it is unlikely but the longer the thread gets with people just saying lets get a bonus wave and not being jerks. the more bioware will hopefully consider it! so lets get the post count up!

I'm going to chime in some more here. DervimNorth don't ask for one wave, ask for them to let all EAG accessible members IN. No more WAVES all of us should be in game so they can actually do a test. When this goes live they are going to have double the numbers from sheer holiday alone. We need them to understand that its not a who did what 1st its their last chance to test their servers before people have a "right" to complain.

Petition thread anyone?

While I completely agree with you, I also realize that BW is hellbent on messing up their "launch day" on December 20th, as well as a hord of trolls/fanboys/WOW defected players are hellbent on shutting down every thread out there that goes directly against their beliefs. Yes, common sense scares them off sometimes, but not all of them, so I am really tired of arguing with them or reading their posts(mainly because of aftertaste).

Which is why I'm going wait quietly for December 15th and see how things go with this nonsense. If December pre-orders are nowhere near entering the game by that time, I'll just cancel pre-order, while taking screenshots of false advertising, because "up to 5 days" also implies a slight chance of getting those days and if there's no chance in hell to get those, well, EA can advertise "up to one year earlier" with the same success.

Either way, I'm going to wait quietly and patiently till 20th, just in case I'll get to stick "told'ya so" in their faces.

Look, let's cut through the BS here.

What folks were/still are whining about today was not really based in self-entitlement. We all knew Bioware's plan. Some irrationally and wrongly tried to say the company was misleading us. That's ridiculous. Bioware hasn't really done wrong by us. It wasn't really dissatisfaction with Bioware, the game or anything like that.

People pulled naming conflicts, PvP level disparities, segregation of community - all of that is true to some extent, but it's not the end of the world nor is it the underlying problem.

The reason so many people are so upset over EGA is *no one* wants to feel left out. The EGA method of populating the servers makes those who don't picked akin to the losers who stand in line outside the club, trying to get a peak inside while everyone else seems to be getting into the party and having a blast. Stephen Reid is the massive bouncer who looks over our heads, uncaringly, and just grumbles: "don't cross the red line, buddy."

Hell, it's reminiscent to getting picked last for the baseball (or insert any sport here) team. You can try to explain it however you like, rationalize it anyway you want, bottom line, when the group around you starts shrinking and everyone begins to post about how much fun they're having, you feel trivial and unimportant.

As cool and efficient as Bioware's method of populating their servers has been up to this point, I think that's what really is getting under people's skin. People just don't like to feel trivial, redundant and unimportant. When the last wave of invites went out today, I did feel upset. Despite spending a good portion of this morning putting down people who made stupid, self-entitled arguments, I've been eagerly waiting for this game for 3 years. No matter what good reason Bioware has for not letting me play, it's a bummer to still be out in the cold while most of my friends are now happily playing and will have characters level 15, 20 or even 25 before I even get to play. So much for having company for leveling. If I asked, they'd probably level alts while waiting for me, but I told them to go ahead though. I didn't wanna seem like a party pooper.

Anyway, that's just my feeling on it. I don't really see this as a QQ. I love the game and I think Bioware is a very fair and efficient company. All I'm saying is I do get it now and, if I could change one thing about how Bioware did this, I would have made sure everyone knew the date they were going to be playing by at the same time. I would, instead, feel like I had a reservation for a certain day... so I'm not going to show up until then. That would have, at least, made it so I didn't feel like I'm standing in the dwindling group of undesirable players, waiting until every other more important customer than me is finally allowed to play.

Bioware spent so much effort on making the player feel like the hero of an epic story in game. Unfortunately, this method has made thousands of players feel like anything but over these last 48 hours. That's all.

Edited by McVade

What folks were/still are whining about today was not really based in self-entitlement. We all knew Bioware's plan. Some irrationally and wrongly tried to say the company was misleading us. That's ridiculous. Bioware hasn't really done wrong by us. It wasn't really dissatisfaction with Bioware, the game or anything like that.

People pulled naming conflicts, PvP level disparities, segregation of community - all of that is true to some extent, but it's not the end of the world nor is it the underlying problem.

The reason so many people are so upset over EGA is *no one* wants to feel left out. The EGA method of populating the servers makes those who don't picked akin to the losers who stand in line outside the club, trying to get a peak inside while everyone else seems to be getting into the party and having a blast. Stephen Reid is the massive bouncer who looks over our heads, uncaringly, and just grumbles: "don't cross the red line, buddy."

Hell, it's reminiscent to getting picked last for the baseball (or insert any sport here) team. You can try to explain it however you like, rationalize it anyway you want, bottom line, when the group around you starts shrinking and everyone begins to post about how much fun they're having, you feel trivial and unimportant.

As cool and efficient as Bioware's method of populating their servers has been up to this point, I think that's what really is getting under people's skin. People just don't like to feel trivial, redundant and unimportant. When the last wave of invites went out today, I did feel upset. Despite spending a good portion of this morning putting down people who made stupid, self-entitled arguments, I've been eagerly waiting for this game for 3 years. No matter what good reason Bioware has for not letting me play, it's a bummer to still be out in the cold while most of my friends are now happily playing and will have characters level 15, 20 or even 25 before I even get to play. So much for having company for leveling. If I asked, they'd probably level alts while waiting for me, but I told them to go ahead though. I didn't wanna seem like a party pooper.

Anyway, that's just my feeling on it. I don't really see this as a QQ. I love the game and I think Bioware is a very fair and efficient company. All I'm saying is I do get it now and, if I could change one thing about how Bioware did this, I would have made sure everyone knew the date they were going to be playing by at the same time. I would, instead, feel like I had a reservation for a certain day... so I'm not going to show up until then. That would have, at least, made it so I didn't feel like I'm standing in the dwindling group of undesirable players, waiting until every other more important customer than me is finally allowed to play.

Bioware spent so much effort on making the player feel like the hero of an epic story in game. Unfortunately, this method has made thousands of players feel like anything but over these last 48 hours. That's all.

Well said

What he said.. :cool:

I agree with all you say except:

'The EGA method of populating the servers makes those who don't picked akin to the losers who stand in line outside the club, trying to get a peak inside while everyone else seems to be getting into the party and having a blast. Stephen Reid is the massive bouncer who looks over our heads, uncaringly, and just grumbles: "don't cross the red line, buddy."

You neglect to mention that entry into this "club" is based not on some arbitrary decision by a "bouncer" or "team captain" but by the age old method of "first come first serve". The people who "lined up" before I did are getting in before me....and with that I have no issue.

After spending 10 min trolling through the complaint list of "Why cant I play a game before its released" Looking to see where they are in the preorder early access list. I discovered that

1. A lot of people are wasting hours posting essays on why BW should let them play now. You got exactly what you paid for. The "CHANCE" to play a game before it was officially released.

2. I am wasting my time as well. Well sort of, It is somewhat entertaining to read.

3. I want my CLOUD SWORD!!!

It's a Game!!!!!! Jeez gamers' all need to take your naps and you will have your email.

Bio Ware is doing the best I've seen and I hope they continue. I've waited for this game since Star Wars came out. I knew it would be great if the right folks worked on it.

The rest of the whiners take a chill pill. I played several launch dates and saw very bad things from servers crashes, network failures, and the worst was 40 people standing around for one spawn just to complete a quest.

Yes i want to play so much that i'd do close to anything to get in. But stop acting like your all, (the whiners) better and that your ideas would even work.

The best thing would be for the whiners to cancel their game so i can get in and play, deal!

Great job so far Bio Ware and stay true to your steps!

Of course....

May the Force Be with You!

First off I would like to start out by saying to those who have a strong vocabulary for your statements, It is a laughing matter because your simply not fooling anyone, and who wants to bet most of you are using a dictionary. My point is you are not impressing anybody. Secondly I have done my fair share of complaining about the whole ''waves situation'' but you must think about the positives such as, the game may be more fit to play, you get to pick a lower populated server for less of a cluster ****, and the fact that your STILL playing 4-5 days early before launch. By the time your turn comes your going to wipe those tears and just forget everything in the past and instead of insulting the company for it, you will be praising them. So think of it as a bipolar moment, trust me it will be worth it once you log into the game, as far as the beta went this game is going to be a HUGE success. :)

I would like to express that a legal binding contract was signed by everyone who bought this game. If Bioware refuses to allow all preordered accounts to login by 11:59 pm on 12/15 they can be sued for breach of contract as i didnt see a arbitration clause in the copy i agreed to. I hope bioware considers this as it could be very expensive for them to defend against as all preorders WERE charged 5.00. So to those who think its not a right thanks for donating your 5.00 to Bioware as a nothingness fee. The gameplay for 5 extra days was paid for by every person who had preordered. That is Guaranteed! or a suit for breach can and will be pressed.

I would like to express that a legal binding contract was signed by everyone who bought this game. If Bioware refuses to allow all preordered accounts to login by 11:59 pm on 12/15 they can be sued for breach of contract as i didnt see a arbitration clause in the copy i agreed to. I hope bioware considers this as it could be very expensive for them to defend against as all preorders WERE charged 5.00. So to those who think its not a right thanks for donating your 5.00 to Bioware as a nothingness fee. The gameplay for 5 extra days was paid for by every person who had preordered. That is Guaranteed! or a suit for breach can and will be pressed.

It didn't increase the price of the game however. Then what will you do sue because you can't login because the servers get congested?

Seems a bit insane to start waving around lawsuits before the "date" or whatever it is you people claim has passed.

The waves of today are all equally big, but bigger than the waves from yesterday. That's how.

Does not have to be much bigger than yesterdays invites. My friend got in and logged out numerous time over 3-4 hours to check server pops and most of them were standard to light, and that was during prime time. While he was in game he did a check to see how many were in the starter zone.. Well lets say he was pretty disappointed by the turn out that he received.

Are they that afraid of their infrastructure that they can not do it around the clock?

This really does hurt some people that will not get in for a couple days while their friends/guildmates are in and leveling up.

hmm... I can only remember comments about an early access UP TO 5 days, not a straight 5 days early.

Even so... A friend of mine is already in, even though he said he got his preorder in the beginning of november. Considering that, I guess most people will be in tomorrow. Even those that are late with preordering.

As a second... I hear a lot of people posting about the servers being quiet and all... But as it's now evening in europe, I see the european servers all mentioned as Standard, Heavy, Very Heavy and Full status. Seems like the waves are doing their jobs in keeping the servers stable, populated and going strong. Without them being overpopulated, crashing or having long waiting lines.

Patiently waiting for my game access over here, hopefully tomorrow.