How can i look good when looking like crap is more viable?

darthbored

Well I'm a Jedi Shadow, and I've been tanking heroics almost exclusively and ive nearly finished my pve set..

Except I look like an idiot, Im a male wearing a dress, and a headpiece that the queen of naboo wore.

Are there any other consulars out there that can relate? Im about to throw in the towel on tanking, and pve in general, and focus on pvp since their gear looks much better.

Would putting my mods from the PVE gear in PVP be viable to tank in?

Edited by darthbored

Well I'm a Jedi Shadow, and I've been tanking heroics almost exclusively and ive nearly finished my pve set..

Except I look like an idiot, Im a male wearing a dress, and a headpiece that the queen of naboo wore.

Are there any other consulars out there that can relate? Im about to throw in the towel on tanking, and pve in general, and focus on pvp since their gear looks much better.

Would putting my mods from the PVE gear in PVP be viable to tank in?

Just another reason we need greater freedom when it comes to our own character's appearance.

I didn't like the headgear either. Don't mind the robes. Another player, thanks OldPhart, gave me an orange gear headband that's great to level up.

There are pants out there as well that you can modify if you want to ditch the "dress". I'm still working on finding the ideal chest-piece.

So just leveling up green, blue, or purple will give you the stylized Consular look which is evidently not what you enjoy but it's entirely possible to come up with gear that you do like you just have to poke around. Check the light side vendors on each planet as well as the commendation vendors they tend to have various non pre-modded orange gear.

It's part of the game, part of the hunt, and supposed to be part of the fun if you choose to look at it that way.

Have fun finding a look that you enjoy!

Just another reason we need greater freedom when it comes to our own character's appearance.

I know they're making the epic sets FULLY moddable so that we can stick the mods in whatever orange gear we want, but thats a soon kind of thing. And it may be months before that happens.

I guess my real question is have any of you found alternatives that are AS viable for tanking?