Where is my Dewback mount!?

Runieux

To whomever it may concern,

I find the lack of creature-based mounts disturbing, all we have are Space-Segways, Space-Motorcycles and Space-Cars. There is a wealth of domesticated StarWars creatures at your disposal for mounts. Falleens, Bantha and even Hssiss. My personal favorite being the adorable Dewback of Tatooine.

I urge you to reconsider your decision for "technology-based" only mounts and bring on the Dewback!

Edited by Runieux

There is at least one creature taxi. On Aldeeran in the second zone you use what I can only describe as a flying giant Manta Ray. This was on the Imperial side of things tho.

I have seen the flying manta rays and even rode one straight into a datacron. What I'm asking for is to be the ****in' beast master riding a battle-ready Rancor straight into the heart of the Rebublic scum!

I find the lack of creature-based mounts disturbing, all we have are Space-Segways, Space-Motorcycles and Space-Cars. There is a wealth of domesticated StarWars creatures at your disposal for mounts. Falleens, Bantha and even Hssiss. My personal favorite being the adorable Dewback of Tatooine.

I urge you to reconsider your decision for "technology-based" only mounts and bring on the Dewback!

Tech-based mounts are faster than creature mounts. Jet propulsion > wings/legs

If a Jawa can use the force then any creature can use Force Speed.

If a creature possessed the intelligence to use the Force chances are you'd either 1. need some SERIOUS reputation with them to get them to let you use them as a mount or 2. wouldn't allow themselves to be treated like a common animal and mounted

I do, however, wanna see someone mount and ride a Jawa. I'd laugh till I cried

Tech-based mounts are faster than creature mounts. Jet propulsion > wings/legs

The truth behind it is they haven't designed a code for land based animal mount yet at all. I'm sure it will arrive in time in future content but as it is, it hasnt been done. Using the existing code wouldn't work (they have posted as much) because nothing comes into visible contact with the ground and clipping would be distracting as well as matching animations to speed and having correct animations (the up and down motions). So far, they haven't even gotten the up and down motions of the flight patch manta ray down yet as I cringe when I see my character clipping up and down on the saddle with the wing flaps.

Edited by Twolow

If a creature possessed the intelligence to use the Force chances are you'd either 1. need some SERIOUS reputation with them to get them to let you use them as a mount or 2. wouldn't allow themselves to be treated like a common animal and mounted

I do, however, wanna see someone mount and ride a Jawa. I'd laugh till I cried

Inject Dewback with midichlorians, teach it to use its hatred.

On SWG...oh wait. Anyways, hauling a bantha and dewback around on your ship would be bad. You would have to clean up after it, care for it...and I doubt any of my companions would enjoy taking care of them.

I have seen the flying manta rays and even rode one straight into a datacron. What I'm asking for is to be the ****in' beast master riding a battle-ready Rancor straight into the heart of the Rebublic scum!

While I foresee creature mounts in our distant future.. I would never expect to see anything that extreme.

On SWG...oh wait. Anyways, hauling a bantha and dewback around on your ship would be bad. You would have to clean up after it, care for it...and I doubt any of my companions would enjoy taking care of them.

The Droid would.