Best way to target enemies?

tylersavesworld

Tab will select the next target. I have no idea how the game priorities targets so I do a couple of different things. I bind ctrl+tab to target the nearest enemy. I also have noticed that if you do ctrl+f1 you select your companion so I mapped shift+f2 to target target's target. So after combat is started I'll often do shift+f1+f2 so that I can hit the same guy my companion is hitting.

Tab is fine if you're not in a huge hurry to get to the right mob, or if there's only one mob the tab targeting is possibly going to hit. If you're looking at a cloud of 3+ enemies and you want to be sure you target the right mob very quickly, click on it.

I bind F for closest enemy, shift-F for nearest ally. Sometimes tab/shift-tab for normal enemy selection, but usually click the target and start zapping. I have all skills keybinded with mouse, so I never have need of directly accessing my quickslots. Edited by supaflav

The preferred method in groups (as I have seen in other games) is to assist your tank, but it feels rather cumbersome in its current state in this game. You have to target the tank and then hit alt-T to aquire their target. Tab targetting becomes problematic with multiple mobs where something either hasn't been taunted or it's been CC'ed.

I've had times that tab has not cycled to the target I wanted. I have keys bound for targeting closest enemy and selecting the target in the middle of the screen I also remapped the bind for to acquire targets target.

As a tank nearest target and target in middle of the screen are handy additions to tab targeting.

Tab will select the next target. I have no idea how the game priorities targets so I do a couple of different things. I bind ctrl+tab to target the nearest enemy. I also have noticed that if you do ctrl+f1 you select your companion so I mapped shift+f2 to target target's target. So after combat is started I'll often do shift+f1+f2 so that I can hit the same guy my companion is hitting.

I do something similar. Takes some getting used to but with practice you forget about it. There are still times when there are a Bunch of foes and I use the mouse.

Being rather new to MMO's and keybinding, I'm just getting out of the awkward fingers phase, and getting used to my keybinds.

I use middle mouse (scroll wheel click) for next target.

Shift + middle mouse for companion

Ctrl + middle mouse for target's target

Works a treat for me, easy to slide your pinky from shift to ctrl with a quick double tap on middle mouse, and good to go..