Dark Side/ Light Side Points HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Datajack

What people need to realize about this system is its completely story driven.

and you are suppose to play the game 4 times. 2 times/each side

or rather Each Toon has exactly 2 different play styles (light or dark)

3 Class x 2 per side? exactly.

Say Bounty Hunter: I can play it light side and have a completely different story experience or I can play Dark Side and have a completely different story experience.

Then I'm suppose to pick a republic toon.. say Jedi.. same deal

Its how KOTOR worked.

As Revan you could play dark or light side and the story would be different.

Then if you played female two ways, it would be different.

Edited by Chuckskyline

Hey JJ,

I'm getting 400 per run and yes I do a full run. I get 100 for killing the first officer, 100 for killing the General and 200 (in a popup quest completed dialog) as soon as I port back to the fleet.

You're actually only getting 200, the 200 you get when you get back to the fleet is the 100 for killing the officer and 100 for the general.

Alignment points are only awarded at the end of a quest, when you make the initial choice and 100 pops up that's just telling you how many you will get upon completion.

Nasties if you believe that you're in for a big surprise. The system caps at a TOTAL of 10,000 points (LS+DS). You need exactly 10,000 points for Level V DS or LS. This means that if you ever have ANY LS points. EVEN ONE, then you can NEVER achieve Rank V. I was at 9000 DS, 150 LS and I ran Black Talon like 5 times. Each run will give you 400 DS I believe. Once I hit 9,850. I capped. I could not get any more. I would need to DROP the 150 LS to be able to cap DS at 10,000 and make Rank V. All this without so much as a warning. Sorry for all the exclamations, but I'm just really pissed about this. If they really care about story then they would have a much more flexible system. They need to give a way to remove LS/DS points, or change the caps. Make 9000 Level V not 10,000. Something needs to change.

uh im not mistaken. ive done it. i lowered my lightside down to 0 and got dark 5, the system works fine youre clueless. the system does cap at 10000, but if you keep getting darkside points it REDUCES your lightside points down to 0

Let me be clear. I ran BT 5 times last night. You get 400 DS points per run. I had 9,000 DS and 150 LS when I started. 400 * 5 = 2,000. 9,000+2,000=11,000. My DS points are 9,850 and my LS points are 150.

Sorry editing to clear up. I had 9,000 NET DS. So 9,150 and 150 LS

Now either DS-LS points are capped at 10,000 or I have a bug. Can someone from Bioware please let me know?? Do I need to open a ticket or is there a hard cap like I experienced?

also wrong here. you only get 200 from BT. the amount you get at the end isnt added to the 200 you got during the run, its a summary. so 200 per run. its working fine

Please read his comments carefully before letting your fingers get all that unwanted bashing out of your system. True, BT is only worth 200. BUT! If you do the math he still should have been dark V. He's bugged, 'nuff said. Can this thread be closed now, before a flame war kicks off or something.

tell me if my issue is working as intended... Im lvl 37 merc... I have 2800 darkside &1900 lightside... It says my alignment is nuetral, but im not a dark 1 or any dark rank at all, as well no matter how many darkside points I accumulate it wont go above 2800.... How do I fix this

Your

I had 400 Lightside Points & 9600 Darkside points, I went did Black Talon at 50, Solo in 2 runs(took total of 15 mins for both together). I erased that, each run gives you 200 Darkside points & if you have Khem about +400 affection points each run.

JJ

No. ATm there appears to be a hard cap. I have the same problem.

I am completely unable to gain any lightside or darkside points at all.

I dropped a 400 CS to pick up dioplamacy and leveled diplomacy to max level trying to finish 1K worth or light side points.

I have not been able to move my light/dark side faction bar at all. No matter what I attempt.

tell me if my issue is working as intended... Im lvl 37 merc... I have 2800 darkside &1900 lightside... It says my alignment is nuetral, but im not a dark 1 or any dark rank at all, as well no matter how many darkside points I accumulate it wont go above 2800.... How do I fix this

If you subtract you are actually darkside 900 - get 100 more dark points before you get any light to offset them and you will be Dark I. As to it not moving... either you are bugged or you haven't turned in the quests yet to actually get the points applied.

Edited by Jenarie

If you subtract you are actually darkside 900 - get 100 more dark points before you get any light to offset them and you will be Dark I. As to it not moving... either you are bugged or you haven't turned in the quests yet to actually get the points applied.

Thanks I appreciate it u commenting on my question.... I did turn the quest in but nothing changed and hasnt for a week and ive ran the foundry & boarding party 4 xs each.... Will I ever b able to get dark 5