Default Quick Should ALWAYS Be On The Bottom

MichellMich

Please change the design of the game, so when you add another row of quick bars it appears above the default quickbar, instead of pushing the original up one space. Get in line with every other MMO out there :D. I don't understand why the designers would do this... initially I was just rebinding my keys to have 1-12 be on the bottom quickbar again. But when you play a Smuggler or Imperial Agent, the Cover mechanic changes the top row of Quickbars when going into Cover instead of the bottom. Can't find a way around that.

In summary, please change it so that the default Quickbar is always on the bottom and fall in line with every other MMO. There's no reason for it to push the default Quickbar out of it's normal position... it just creates confusion. Why would you even do that in the first place?

Edited by MichellMich

They were trying to help people that play near solely with their mouse, and don't go keyboard normal (like the rest of us).

Actually, it helps console players mostly. They are now used to mouse-clicking. I'm still training one of my friends to use a keyboard. He is 19 and just now bought a computer. Has never had experience with one ever.

Very poor PC player actually...

They were trying to help people that play near solely with their mouse, and don't go keyboard normal (like the rest of us).

Actually, it helps console players mostly. They are now used to mouse-clicking. I'm still training one of my friends to use a keyboard. He is 19 and just now bought a computer. Has never had experience with one ever.

Why would changing the location of the default quickbar when adding another row of bars help a clicker? It seems like moving the default quickbar's initial location at all would be more hurtful than helpful.

Edited by MichellMich

But when you play a Smuggler or Imperial Agent, the Cover mechanic changes the top row of Quickbars when going into Cover instead of the bottom. Can't find a way around that.

There is a way around that. Can't remember the exact name of the option, but it's in preferences / user interface.

Please change the design of the game, so that when you add another row of quick bars it appears above the default quickbar, instead of pushing the original up one space. Get in line with every other MMO out there :D. I don't understand why the designers would do this... initially I was just rebinding my keys to have 1-12 be on the bottom quickbar again. But when you play a Smuggler or Imperial Agent, the Cover mechanic changes the top row of Quickbars when going into Cover instead of the bottom. Can't find a way around that.

In summary, please change it so that the default Quickbar is always on the bottom and fall in line with every other MMO. There's no reason for it to push the default Quickbar out of it's normal position... it just creates confusion. Why would you even do that in the first place?

Hi Michell, What exactly is the problem with this? (yes it's not what we call "the standard") But i see no reason why this is better or worse.

You don't sound like a clicker to me so I dont realy see the issue? I have bound my keys the way I want them and almost never look at the bar anymore.

Personaly I think it's a matter of preference, my GF for instance loves the fact that this is the way they designed it while I also found it a bit wierd.

We should just be able to custimize our gui :p then these issues would solve itself lol :D

Works perfectly for me. The top bar is 1 - = and the bottom bar is Q - ], its easier to match up the bars on screen to relative position on keys. When I had bartender I used hte same setup, I had a third row above those two for F1 - F12.

Hi Michell, What exactly is the problem with this? (yes it's not what we call "the standard") But i see no reason why this is better or worse.

You don't sound like a clicker to me so I dont realy see the issue? I have bound my keys the way I want them and almost never look at the bar anymore.

Personaly I think it's a matter of preference, my GF for instance loves the fact that this is the way they designed it while I also found it a bit wierd.

We should just be able to custimize our gui :p then these issues would solve itself lol :D

I think my major issue is that when adding Hotbars to your screen, it shouldn't move the original hotbars location. I just don't see the point in that. The Default Quickbar location is at the bottom, right? So why does it change it's location when I add another bar? It should stay in the same place, and the additional bar should be created above it. :p

Edited by MichellMich

Works perfectly for me. The top bar is 1 - = and the bottom bar is Q - ], its easier to match up the bars on screen to relative position on keys. When I had bartender I used hte same setup, I had a third row above those two for F1 - F12.

Your F1-F12 keys are above the Numbered Keys... wouldn't it make more sense to have those above your default quickbar? Unless your default keys are F1-F12?

Edited post :D

Edited by MichellMich

There is a way around that. Can't remember the exact name of the option, but it's in preferences / user interface.

I know there's a way to disable the Cover Quickbar Toggle... but I don't want to disable the feature, I just want it to Toggle the Bottom Bar instead of the Top

Have him buy a Razer Nostromo. They are amazing. Most of my guild uses them. Way better then a keyboard. I still use a keyboard for quick keys and chatting. For combat its the Nostromo all the way.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AM5RB6/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_1

OT: yeah i really want a 3rd bar at the bottom since the Nostromo has 3 rows.

I use the keys to do most of my attacks so it makes no difference to me if it's the top or the bottom bar.

See I find myself used to the default setup, it's been that way in every MMO I've played for 10 years. It's confusing to look at in my opinion, even as someone who keybinds all my abilities.

Edited by MichellMich

i agree with the toolbar switch, seems to make more sense when setting up the more than copious amount of hotkeys.

for smuggler/agent there is a toggle off feature for the cover stance messing up the keybinds--it sometimes resets when zoning so it is best to check every so often before finding out in combat that the 1 key is not doing what it should be doing.

good topic