Sprint at 1, knock off the grind.

Fodiddle

First let me say, Love the game or I wouldn't be posting here.:)

I could write a laundry list of features that are disappointingly missing from this games release but i'll simply touch on travel today.

Travel in this game is so utterly painful and archaic, the leveling from 1-14 progression while being somewhat fun, the constant running and slow travel options make the player want to slit their wrists to the elbows.

It is most definitely a grind just to get to 14.

The mid to high lvl game is no better, constant running to starports, zoning into ships, zoning back out of ships, running out of starports to a speeder bike, which then takes you to a point of which you have to run to ANOTHER speeder bike in order to get to your goal is absolutely silly design.

This is not a good start folks, do we really want the player to despise the early game or God forbid rolling alts because they know it's going to be a painful experience?

The question Bioware should have pasted all over their office walls, bathrooms, and lunch rooms is.. "IS THIS FUN?"

I now have a 40 PT & 32 Sorc, and I'd like to roll an Agent but the thought of starting over from those 1-14 levels has discouraged me. This is not a good thing.

If it is not fun, change it.

Travel in this game is not fun.

I agree it should be lower level. Maybe not level 1, as the origin planets really aren't bad without it. But it should definitely be a level 10 ability and trained as you arrive on the Imperial and Republic Fleets. Teleportations need to stay out of the game though. I like everything else as is. Edited by Merex

Travel in this game is so utterly painful and archaic, the leveling from 1-14 progression while being somewhat fun, the constant running and slow travel options make the player want to slit their wrists to the elbows.

It is most definitely a grind just to get to 14..

I found it perfectly fine and no different from all the other MMOs I've played .. and since each zone is small (this game has the smallest 'zones' I think I've ever seen) it's even less of an issue than elsewhere IMO.