Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Modding gear..

Aleeha

OK, so I have a 50 marauder and it was an amazing story line however I just haven't been as thrilled with it as I thought I might be... So being an altoholic I rolled a Sorc and the same thing.. Rolled a BH and am enjoying it buuut I'm a little stuck..

1) When modding gear which is the better mod to us - Commando or Reflex? I am obviously a merc and dps inside of the arsenal skill tree. I understand that we're supposed to stack AIM as our primary with crit (?) as our secondary? But the question I have is isn't power as important? And how do you manage accuracy when you need to try and get capped?

2) Moddable belts? I have been looking everywhere for one but can't find one. I know BH's have them because I've seen people with them. I've asked and I'll be damned if no one responds.

3) Cybertech or Biochem?

Thanks for the help here. I guess too I'm level 23 if that matters.

1) Did you search around the internet for your question, as there are various topics where people suggests your stats.

Basic information about BH: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=544

Stats information: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=70055

2) Sorry, I've never had one myself either :p

3) Biochem atm till the other ones get buffed hopefully.

Anyways in the lower lvls it doesn't really mean much. Just remember to get a lot of your main stat (Aim if I'm not wrong).

1) When modding gear which is the better mod to us - Commando or Reflex? I am obviously a merc and dps inside of the arsenal skill tree. I understand that we're supposed to stack AIM as our primary with crit (?) as our secondary? But the question I have is isn't power as important? And how do you manage accuracy when you need to try and get capped?

2) Moddable belts? I have been looking everywhere for one but can't find one. I know BH's have them because I've seen people with them. I've asked and I'll be damned if no one responds.

first of all: welcome to the hunt!

1. aim over endurance, although lately iv'e been feeling so squishy i had to put in some commando mods just to toughen up a little :)

EDIT: i don't have hard proof but i believe power and crit is equally important, but i guess stacking crit+surge gives you better damage output.

2. yes, i actually have one of those, and i think i got it around your lvl, but i can't remember from where. either it was a reward from a quest, a heroic maybe or i was just lucky and go it from a bag. can't you find any on the gtn?

cheers

Edited by vetleg

Commando has a higher endurance rating which should lead you to either being a healer or tank.

Reflex is DPS focused.

Cybertech is nice as I can make 49 epic mods and some nasty pvp grenades. Other than that, meh. It makes money on the side however I haven't found it to be better or worse than the other professions. Depends on what you're after and I'm sure in the future we'll be able to make some plates/mods that are above 49. It saves/makes money more than anything else.

50 BH

Edited by CoffeeNDonuts

If you're speccing dps, reflex mods are the way, aim>end. tanking or healing seems the consensus is commando, end>aim. Power vs. crit is another story, and you'll find about 50/50 in each camp. For dps i favor power, my calculations seem to give me a slight edge over staking crit, though that's hard to tell for sure atm. I haven't run into any moddable belts, though i've heard people talk about them, and i'd love to have one, so if you do get some info, pass it along!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.