How to fix the population imbalance in one easy step:

thechimera

I started out as sith but have recently rolled a republic toon as more than anything i like opvp not hutball, i admit it did annoy me that i cannot send a few credits to this new toon to help out but meh what can you do.

So stop cryign about about it and reroll if you want more balanced servers

This is a terrible attitude to have.

Why should I have a subpar story/PvE experience just so I can have a decent PvP one?

Because the game is about choices.

Lawyered.

Nah, the defining aspect of MMOs is suffering through tedious grind/being farmed by high level people in order to one day have high level gear and farm people yourself. There's always a tradeoff.

However, what's the point of being destroyed in warzones if you can't even Open World PvP when you get to 50 because there's no one to kill?

They need to fix the imbalance NOW, or PvPers will leave in droves.

Sure, try bonuses/incentives for Republic... but my idea is more fun :p

The entire game would need to be changed for this neutral faction of BHes or whatever to occur- and it would be very imbalancing to have our BHes poached in every game- simply put, we'd never have the BH/trooper class on imperial side.

That's a huge flaw in your idea.

Good guys simply aren't cool these days- and the jedi have a reputation for being the most lame and selfless of the bunch- sure, they're cool, but considering everything they have to give up?

That's a stigma SW has built for itself for years...

That said, I am a little surprised that Republic players think the SI crazy peacock dress is really so overwhelmingly BA that everyone switched sides for it. Mind boggling really.

Just flip the mirror "flavor" animations so the advantages all fall to Republic instead of all of them falling to Empire.

Population balance restored. People who like the "Feel" of empire too much to switch will stay, and the people who want that slight edge can switch to republic.

So much truth here. Fix the animations for Republic so we are not at a disadvantage in PvP. Absolutely *********** insane that this made it live.

Also, fix Alderaan warzone....IT IS BUGGED IN EMPIRE'S FAVOUR!!

This is a false belief. Alliance only marginally outnumbered Horde and by less than a percent on most servers during vanilla. After they got the blood elves on horde, pretty much every scrub rolled horde.

Actually IMHO, He is quite correct. I believe you to be mis-informed. According to WoW atlas. This was a popular mod many people used early on. The mod indicated that Horde were outnumbered on average 1.5/1. As an avid PvP'r I followed the statistics for years. People (alliance) would argue the Mods accuracy, but it was in-arguably had the largest sample size to poll population.

Blizzard never disclosed faction population ratios. And would often claim sides were even. but all aftermarket Polls/Mods etc very clearly indicated alliance 1.5 to horde 1 on average.

BE's did help tremendously in evening sides, but this took several years to tip the scales. It took a good 4-5 years for Blizzard to achieve something resembling population balance.

Give the game the Mandalorian faction as an end game decision.

All non-Force using classes may join should they choose.

3rd faction is the wild card balancing the rest of the server on a community by community basis.

Edited by Zyillo