Scrapper pvp stat priority?

snieder

Crit and surge until you're at 40% crit and 75% surge. After that power all the way.

Tech power you'll get automatically on best weapons so you cant focus on it really.Avoid any alacrity and accuracy.

Edited by Kutalion

Crit and surge until you're at 40% crit and 75% surge. After that power all the way.

Tech power you'll get automatically on best weapons so you cant focus on it really.Avoid any alacrity and accuracy.

Not to question you... but, where'd you get these numbers? I completely agree with gearing for crit and surge, but wasn't aware of a stopping point for either. Obviously you wouldn't want more than 100% crit (realistically, much lower due to talents that give bonus crit to our main abilities).

Well what about accuracy? I understand once you break 100% it lowers the opponent's defense values and much (all?) of the PvP gear comes with accuracy stats. I was inclined to ignore accuracy, but now I'm not so sure and I cannot avoid it if I tried.

Any insight would be appreciated.

I've personally tried to hit past that 110% when I hit 50. It's really hard to even hit that 110%. What you could benefit from increase an increased chance to crit and increase crit damage makes up for it.

Then again, I don't have numbers to crunch to prove anything and I'm just going by logic. I've tried PVPing with 39% crit and 50% crit multiplier with 109% accuracy. I did REALLY pathetic damage in PVP.

Then I decided to switch over to focus on Crit/Surge and I'm doing quite well.

1) I came to those stats due to diminishing returns. Stats gain is not linear.

For example first 200 surge will give you 20% stronger crit, another 200 surge will get you a total of 30%. These arent correct figures just explaining.

Surge is hard capped at 100%.

Crit at about 40% is quite strong enough, since the more crit % you have, the more power becomes useful to make those crits higher.

2) Accuracy is useless in PvP. Why?

For instance tanks have shields. Which work for white attacks only. For scrapper scoundrels that means that they might apsorb your auto attack and quick shot.

Everything else is tech (yellow) dmg, and does not suffer from defense.

Atm in pvp. tanks are greatly underpowered due to their shield and dmg reduction mechanics(apart from armor itself) dont work.

I believe dodge works in simmilar manner as shield rating, thus why i dont bother with accuracy. Accuracy does not reduce the apsorb from enemy shields(bubbles).

Have you ever had your back blast miss, get dodged? I havent.

1) I came to those stats due to diminishing returns. Stats gain is not linear.

For example first 200 surge will give you 20% stronger crit, another 200 surge will get you a total of 30%. These arent correct figures just explaining.

Surge is hard capped at 100%.

Crit at about 40% is quite strong enough, since the more crit % you have, the more power becomes useful to make those crits higher.

2) Accuracy is useless in PvP. Why?

For instance tanks have shields. Which work for white attacks only. For scrapper scoundrels that means that they might apsorb your auto attack and quick shot.

Everything else is tech (yellow) dmg, and does not suffer from defense.

Atm in pvp. tanks are greatly underpowered due to their shield and dmg reduction mechanics(apart from armor itself) dont work.

I believe dodge works in simmilar manner as shield rating, thus why i dont bother with accuracy. Accuracy does not reduce the apsorb from enemy shields(bubbles).

Have you ever had your back blast miss, get dodged? I havent.

This is good analysis/recap. Thank you for relaying it. My (limited) observations jive with this and I have heard some about the broken mitigation. My question is, do you think they will fix it such that mitigation works as it probably was meant to work, and thus accuracy would be relevant?

As a follow up, is there end-game gear we should be striving for instead of the PvP gear, because the PvP is loaded with accuracy, which is currently wasted stats.

Thanks.

This is good analysis/recap. Thank you for relaying it. My (limited) observations jive with this and I have heard some about the broken mitigation. My question is, do you think they will fix it such that mitigation works as it probably was meant to work, and thus accuracy would be relevant?

As a follow up, is there end-game gear we should be striving for instead of the PvP gear, because the PvP is loaded with accuracy, which is currently wasted stats.

Thanks.

Np, glad to help.

Personally, i just take pieces for set bonus and swap enhancement mods (those that contain accuracy or alacrity) with surges/crit/power ones.

I believe rakata pve set has good set bonus and good stats(tho no expertise).

But if you plan on going full pvp, expertise is a must really, and greatly pays off before reaching 400ish, when gains are diminished and it no longer gives that much.

Well afaik. it is indended that shield does not work on yellow dmg. As tanks in pvp are somewhat weaker, they might change it, but you never know.

Edited by Kutalion

I believe rakata pve set has good set bonus and good stats(tho no expertise).

All of the PvE sets share the same set bonus (same as how all the PvP sets share set bonus).

For the PvE sets:

Enforcer:

2 pieces: Increases the critical chance of Backstab or Backblast by 15%.

4 pieces: Increases maximum energy by 5.

Field Medic:

2 pieces: Reduces the energy cost of Recuperative Nanotech and Kolto Cloud by 4.

4 pieces: Increases the critical chance of Kolto Infusion and Kolto Pack by 15%.

For the PvP sest:

Enforcer:

2 pieces: Increases the duration of Infiltrate or Smuggle by 5 seconds and Evasion or Dodge by 1 second.

4 pieces: Increases max energy by 5.

Field Medic:

2 pieces: Increases healing done by Recuperative Nanotech or Kolto Cloud by 15%.

Edited by Meuwdy

All of the PvE sets share the same set bonus (same as how all the PvP sets share set bonus).

For the PvE sets:

Enforcer:

2 pieces: Increases the critical chance of Backstab or Backblast by 15%.

4 pieces: Increases maximum energy by 5.

Field Medic:

2 pieces: Reduces the energy cost of Recuperative Nanotech and Kolto Cloud by 4.

4 pieces: Increases the critical chance of Kolto Infusion and Kolto Pack by 15%.

For the PvP sest:

Enforcer:

2 pieces: Increases the duration of Infiltrate or Smuggle by 5 seconds and Evasion or Dodge by 1 second.

Field Medic:

2 pieces: Increases healing done by Recuperative Nanotech or Kolto Cloud by 15%.

There's also a Tech set that increases the duration of XS Freighter Flyby by 3 seconds.

Right this moment I'm running ~350 surge rating, ~250 crit, and ~400 power rating from gear. The surge gets me to 87.5% and crit gets me to 38.5% (with 1740 cunning). Has been working extremely well for me, using crit/surge relic and power adrenal.

There's also a Tech set that increases the duration of XS Freighter Flyby by 3 seconds.

Good catch! Forgot about those. I believe all the other skills on those are for Gunslingers, but the 2 piece PvP set could be useful for a Scapper.

Field Tech PvE:

2 pieces: Activating Target Acquired or Illegal Mods restores 10 energy.

4 pieces: Reduces the energy cost of Takedown and Quickdraw by 7.

Field Tech PvP:

2 pieces: Increases the duration of Orbital Strike or XS Freighter Flyby by 3 seconds.

4 pieces: Increases the range of Distraction and Takedown or Quickdraw by 5 meters.