Republic - Lack of major figures killed?

WhoDaresWins

Over the course of the game it seems like almost every major Empire character is killed, both at the hands of Republic and Empire players. It seems like the Republic don't lose anybody during the course of the game.

Grand Moff Kilran - Dies in the Maelstrom Prison.

Darth Malgus - 'Dies' during The False Emperor. He is still essentially 'not' a part of the Empire anymore.

Darth Jadus - Potentially killed in two of the Agent endings.

The Emperor - Killed by the Jedi Knight.

Revan - Killed by Empire players.

All it seems like the Republic looses are a few generic officers and Jedi here and there. Havoc Squad could count but you pretty much rebuild that by the end anyway. I understand the Republic has to ultimately 'win' but that doesn't have to be for another thousand years. The Empire has gone from the brink of winning and the moment the hostilities open again they're being slaughtered left right and centre.

I'm not crying bias here at BioWare but I'd have thought Agents would have at least got a crack at General Garza, or Sith Warriors at Satele Shan. Considering Jedi Knights fight and BEAT The Emperor I don't think it's asking for much.

Yes, we beat Revan but that is about it. He is a major figure but by no means unstoppable no matter how much the fanboys proclaim otherwise. I mean come on, we lose Malgus but don't get a crack at that smug self-righteous Shan?

Edited by WhoDaresWins

you off Revan... who is pretty much better then everyone you listd by a mile...

People keep going on about Revan but he was not all powerful. Powerful? Yes, but the Emperor was a much larger and stronger figure. Lets not forget the reason he got 'redeemed' in the first place is because he was betrayed by his apprentice in the first place.

About Jadus:

If you arrest him, you never learn of his fate afterwords. There is no option to kill him. I suspect that he's going to be the villain of an expansion pack or something.

You are only counting major figures. Imperials get plenty of victories against the Republic. Here's a list of my Sniper's:

Got one of the most influential members of the Hutt Cartel to publicly side with the Empire.

Revealed to the Galaxy that the Republic had blatantly violated the Treaty of Coruscant on Balmorra.

Scored major political and military victories for the Imperial-aligned House Thul, making it likely that they will become the next royal house of Alderan

Ruined the Republic's efforts to rebuild Taris, killing a named Jedi Master in the process.

Ended Revan's Republic-supported attempt to commit genocide against the Sith Empire, killing Revan in the process

Got two of Quesh's Three Families to ally with the the Empire. Killed the third. Killed another named Jedi Master in the process.

Killed the SIS' most talented operative

Released the Dread Masters, six of the most powerful Sith Lords in existence.

Ruined the Republic's relationship with Voss.

Defeated the Corellian Resistance, wiping out the Green Jedi Order in the process.

On Ilum, I killed a named Jedi Master and arrested the Admiral in command of the Republic's operations of that world. Both of them had Codex entries too.

People keep going on about Revan but he was not all powerful. Powerful? Yes, but the Emperor was a much larger and stronger figure. Lets not forget the reason he got 'redeemed' in the first place is because he was betrayed by his apprentice in the first place.

You also don't kill the Emperor as a JK, you only kill his Voice (found out when you play the SW storyline).

So that particular big ****** is still alive and kicking somewhere.

Apart from Satele does the Republic even have any Major Figures?

Most of faceless no-bodies on the Jedi Council can be killed, the Supreme Chancoller can be killed.

But none of these people are Major Figures.

I think the problem is the Empire has way more Major Figures, so the Empire characters had to kill some of them themselves.

SW - Darth Baras.

SI - Darth Thanaton.

IA - Darth Jadus.

Edited by AngelousWang

Apart from Satele does the Republic even have any Major Figures?

Most of faceless no-bodies on the Jedi Council can be killed, the Supreme Chancoller can be killed.

But none of these people are Major Figures.

I think the problem is the Empire has way more Major Figures, so the Empire characters had to kill some of them themselves.

SW - Darth Baras.

SI - Darth Thanaton.

IA - Darth Jadus.

to me though, Malgus was our big lore leader. oh sure, theres the emperor, but we never spoke to or saw him - he was just some faceless presence behind the scenes. Malgus was who we looked up to.

and suddenly, he's just gone.

it seems we're supposed to learn to like General Hesker, but he's just some imperial guard general/flyboy - hell, most of us probably outrank him by the time we meet him on ilum.

they shouldve had us, storywise, join Malgus's New Empire, and had the Old Empire crumble but for a few powerful figures (such as the Emperor), who would be perfect as Op Bosses.

if every empire planet (bar a few we dont go to in the story) had sworn allegance to the new empire, it wouldnt even have led to any oddities in terms of where we can and cant go.

Yeah, I'm sure Revan isn't dead...

And I don't think many of the Jedi Masters died, though I'm not sure...

Master Orgus is the only one killed in the JK timeline, assuming canon is all light side for Republic, you spare every Jedi Master that fell to the Emperors control.

You actually convert a Lord to the Republic side, and you kill several other Lords as well.

Master Satele Shan is probably not going to be killed off, and Revan probably isn't dead...

I'm pretty sure the end result will be the defeat of the Sith Empire, no matter what story choices are made. So it makes sense that you would find more deaths on the Imperial side. There is a reason that Darth Bane came up with the rule of two, the Sith Empire will fall in the storyline either by defeat from the Republic or tearing itself apart, or both.

This is the same Republic as the movies (it lasted over 25,000 years) and so the Sith Empire will inevitably fall.

Edited by Zekkau

Actually, almost every member of the Jedi Council is pretty much killed (or can be killed) except Satele. Bounty Hunter can also kill the Republic Chancellor.

I know only two Jedi Council members that can be killed, and one of them is by JC. Care to give examples?

Yeah, I'm sure Revan isn't dead...

And I don't think many of the Jedi Masters died, though I'm not sure...

Master Orgus is the only one killed in the JK timeline, assuming canon is all light side for Republic, you spare every Jedi Master that fell to the Emperors control.

You actually convert a Lord to the Republic side, and you kill several other Lords as well.

Master Satele Shan is probably not going to be killed off, and Revan probably isn't dead...

I'm pretty sure the end result will be the defeat of the Sith Empire, no matter what story choices are made. So it makes sense that you would find more deaths on the Imperial side. There is a reason that Darth Bane came up with the rule of two, the Sith Empire will fall in the storyline either by defeat from the Republic or tearing itself apart, or both.

This is the same Republic as the movies (it lasted over 25,000 years) and so the Sith Empire will inevitably fall.

you got it wrong...in the movies the republic had only been around for 1000 years, you got it mixed up with jedi being around for that long

Read the Revan book and the Emperor is not as powerful.

I know only two Jedi Council members that can be killed, and one of them is by JC. Care to give examples?

Orgus Dinn dies in the JK storyline without any option.

******* can be killed if the JK has her fight in the final confrontation in Act 3, if she survives she probably will retire shortly afterwards because she is clearly losing her strength due to events in the JK storyline

Gnost Dural can be killed by the JK in Act 3, and if he isn't killed he is probably off the Council for the forseeable future anyways

I believe there is an option at the end of the JC's Act 1 that can result in the death of the JC's master

Syo Bakarn can be killed by the JC in the JC's finale. The JC's spot on the council I believe is supposed to be his

I believe Kaedan is killed by the Imperials on Ilum.

I think there are 8 members of the Council so that leaves one unaccounted for and Shan who does not die.

I'm under the assumption that

Kaedan can be spared, if I am thinking of the same Council member

and none of the rest is killable by Imperial players. Based on Fatal Alliance, I rather assume that there are more than 8 members in the Jedi Council.

Edited by Rouge

you got it wrong...in the movies the republic had only been around for 1000 years, you got it mixed up with jedi being around for that long

The Republic has been around for 25 000 years. It was re-organized after the New Sith Wars in 1000 BBY.

I'm under the assumption that

Kaedan can be spared, if I am thinking of the same Council member

and none of the rest is killable by Imperial players. Based on Fatal Alliance, I rather assume that there are more than 8 members in the Jedi Council.

Yeah I wouln't be surprised if he can, but either way he is out of the picture and won't be coming back.

And the point wasn't whether Imps could kill them or not, the point was whether they could die or not. It isn't like the Republic gets to slaughter all of the important Imperials. The Imperials get to slaughter a good number of them too.

And there are only 8 or 9 seats at the Jedi Council(I can't remember for sure which), so I'm fairly certain that the number of seats is the number of members. So nearly the entire Council is accounted for.