Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Running out of credits, skills costing to much

MrVelox

I've been doing my class quests and whatever quests I find along the way, but it's getting to the point where my skills are 1-2k each to learn. I've only got like 15k credits right now. Is there a fee to learn how to use a speeder at 25? I've got the deluxe edition so am I set with that or what?

The deluxe edition gives you a speeder, so that saves you about 8k. You still have to buy the speeder training for 40k.

Everyone has this problem if you ruthlessly spend money on crew skills and other assorted junk. The best way to save money, is to not spend any. Regular questing pretty much overwhelms you with money if you never do crew skills. Doing Space Mission dailies and Warzones are great ways to accumulate cash, too.

Its 40k creds if I recall correctly

Correct. Training is 40K, the speeder is 8K. All you are saving with the deluxe edition is 8K for the speeder.

For credits, run daily space missions. Some of the bonuses will give you 2K a pop.

Edited by Owsley

Stop spending. I can't believe how many players don't take those two words seriously. There are ways to obtain gear without spending credits.

And if you think 40k is expensive, wait until you hit level 40 when the next level of Speeder Piloting is 210k. Class skills and also repairs are quite expensive in the upper levels.

I suggest taking up gathering crew skills like Slicing but don't do any of the gathering missions.

Stop spending. Oh wait, did I already say that?

Edited by BlackRifle

I came across this and here is the answer... "farm" lower level planets for loot and cash. I needed 40k and did it in a few hours when I set my mind to that one focus. I went to Taris and near the entrance is a Heroic area to the right I could run with just my companion at that point. Each guy you kill give you 60-100-or more credits. Then just go to town on them.

The CE only gives you the actual vehicle, and not the piloting skill. The vehicle costs 8K at the Fleet and a few other vendors, with a few fancier versions available for 25K. However, you can't ride your CE speeder until you train piloting rank 1, which is 40K.

I'm not sure why you're so broke. I'm pretty wasteful with my alt, but I'm powerleveling her professions to provide my main with a few things and I can afford to funnel her credits. On my first character, I didn't really start selling things on the GTN until 35 or so, and I had plenty just from running missions.

A few tips:

- vendor all your grays

- vendor greens unless they are earpieces and implants; those two you should be putting up on the auction house

- don't buy gear; quest rewards and items from commendation vendors range from adequate to excellent

- don't buy stims and medpacks from vendors; you get sufficient medpacks as drops

- don't spam profession missions; gather all you can while leveling, craft what you can with your available mats, and don't obsess over RE-ing everything to purple. You can selectively train only those items which you're going to use for yourself, and fill out your crafting book once you have the spare credits

- if you're auctioning things, don't put them up at the default price; some sell reliably at much higher prices

- it's fine to outlevel a planet. Missions give you a lot of credits, so you can do the bonus series too just for money, commendations, and gear.

It seems like a huge amount, and I know when my toon was knocking on 20 that amount seemed impossible. But at that point I pretty much shelved sending m'droid out of crew-quests and didn't buy any gear that didn't involve commendations.

Beyond those two items I didn't do anything to overtly farm money (tossed a few blue items in AH but didn't really heavily play the auction house, no space-missions, no farming elites, etc.) just from natural questing, selling items, and not spending I hit the point where I could pay out my 48k (didn't have deluxe), buy whatever skill came at 25, and still had a tiny bit (somewhere around 3k) to spare.

I found accruing funds in the 28-30 range actually getting to be a bit harder for me personally as there's a combination of more running around between mobs while having an extra companion to send out of quests and a lot of gear that I want to rip mods off of.

All of those issues that sap my funds are optional I am aware, but just speaking for m'self personally.

lvl 50

700k creds

wont buy skills (got atleast 10+ in total unbought skills)

330k for mount 110% (lolwut? for 10%?)

99k for dark side mount

im not going to buy anything before i have atleast 1 mill creds lol.

(I'm a greedy bastard, i should've made my legacy name Scrooge ;) )

I came across this and here is the answer... "farm" lower level planets for loot and cash. I needed 40k and did it in a few hours when I set my mind to that one focus. I went to Taris and near the entrance is a Heroic area to the right I could run with just my companion at that point. Each guy you kill give you 60-100-or more credits. Then just go to town on them.

This isn't a bad idea, especially when you can do in the really big mobs. It's nice picking up the odd orange/purple that way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.