Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

LFG Tool is NOT Needed

Thamelas

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if they ADDED a LFG tool of some sort, then they would MAKE money.

Yeah that's what I meant sorry lol- More a comment on your first sentence. SO many quote of quotes of quotes.

ALot of anti- LFD arguements when pressed sound like elitism. It's true wow opened it to the masses with scaled content and LFD. But is that a bad thing? It allows lots of casuals to play and allows tougher content for ppl in heroic raiding. Both happy and lots of money lol.

and this game will never be big as they want.

So yes they will add it no matter what you or they say now. If they want to live in todays market They will get it.

Says you.

I'm betting that all of these people crying for a random instance finder will finally realize that Bioware isn't interested in one, and then they'll get to the point where they actually have to **gasp** socialize! to find groups.

We've already established that spamming general isn't going to work. You did that over and over and you failed, right..?

They'll find a way, if they want it bad enough. And then we can move on from these pointless threads... and there won't be so many bads in the game when they're forced to hold their own, or be left out.

Yeah that's what I meant sorry lol- More a comment on your first sentence. SO many quote of quotes of quotes.

ALot of anti- LFD arguements when pressed sound like elitism. It's true wow opened it to the masses with scaled content and LFD. But is that a bad thing? It allows lots of casuals to play and allows tougher content for ppl in heroic raiding. Both happy and lots of money lol.

Oh ok lol :p Sorry about that. And I completely agree!

Says you.

I'm betting that all of these people crying for a random instance finder will finally realize that Bioware isn't interested in one, and then they'll get to the point where they actually have to **gasp** socialize! to find groups.

We've already established that spamming general isn't going to work. You did that over and over and you failed, right..?

They'll find a way, if they want it bad enough. And then we can move on from these pointless threads... and there won't be so many bads in the game when they're forced to hold their own, or be left out.

Seriously, the LFD crowd really could care less about LFD, they just want a way to grief people. WHy do you think they also defend heavy handed votekick restrictions so vehemently?

If they just wanted LFD, why would they care if the majority of a group has the power to remove greifers?

Why are they so defensive of a having an LFD system WITH HEAVY HANDED WoW LIKE VOTEKICK RESTRICTIONS?

Not so much. They hit the 5-man heroic content with an epic nerf-bat because the Pro-LFD people whined so hard that they couldn't complete it with random strangers. Now, if you want any content in that game that isn't drop-dead boring, you have to raid that the top tier, which a lot of people can't do, because they don't have that kind of time to devote to the game. All the stuff that only takes an hour or two has been nerfed to high heaven...

BORING.

Says you.

Lol this guy. Take me off ignore so you can rebuttal. Or maybe you can't.

Bads in the game. Yeah we all know where you are coming from. You want restricted access to the content. Plain and simple.

LFG is not needed, every other mmo I know that has introduced this has damaged the community more than it helped it, sure it may be fun and all in the beginning but sooner rather than later jerks abuse it and the community slowly dies, it becomes meaningless to behave cause you can always requeue for another one.

right now it is important to make friends and have them in your social window talk to them regularely so you always have a good supply of players that will be willing to help you. and in turn you may help them.

we already have the flashpoint shuttles all over the place for easy access

the only thing they did wrong is splitting the flashpoints to several ships...

it should be one place where you go and embark to your flashpoint, that way everyone would go there, instead now the second and third ship for flashpoints is always empty

cause people hangout in the first where all the main vendors and GTN stations are.

plus the game is only one month old in time more people will be playing the game, and there will be more lv 50 chars around for hard mode.

Seriously, the LFD crowd really could care less about LFD, they just want a way to grief people. WHy do you think they also defend heavy handed votekick restrictions so vehemently?

If they just wanted LFD, why would they care if the majority of a group has the power to remove greifers?

Why are they so defensive of a having an LFD system WITH HEAVY HANDED WoW LIKE VOTEKICK RESTRICTIONS?

Because they're usually the bads that people kick, or don't want to group with.

Some people are honest about it, but they just don't understand how it dumbs down the game, because they've never actually stepped up to any higher level of play.

Hey that's great... Let them have a random finder for normal flashpoints and pre-50 content. I'd be perfectly fine with that... Hell, I would even advocate for it.

But don't squeeze random noobs into content that calls itself "hardmode". They're just going to dumb it down then too, so that the LFD people have half a chance to complete it. And then theres nothing really in the game outside of raids that is hard enough to be any fun at all.

Not so much. They hit the 5-man heroic content with an epic nerf-bat because the Pro-LFD people whined so hard that they couldn't complete it with random strangers. Now, if you want any content in that game that isn't drop-dead boring, you have to raid that the top tier, which a lot of people can't do, because they don't have that kind of time to devote to the game. All the stuff that only takes an hour or two has been nerfed to high heaven...

BORING.

So you want something specifically 2 hrs or less that is super tough? So why not do a couple of heroic raid bosses? Nothing says you have to do the whole thing. So picky lol.

Bads in the game. Yeah we all know where you are coming from. You want restricted access to the content. Plain and simple.

No one wants restricted access, they just don't want a tool that empowers greifers. People don't want an LFD with cross server and heavy handed votekick protections for greifers.

That's why if there was an LFD system without greifer protection in the votekick system, you would come back and complain about it.

No one wants restricted access, they just don't want a tool that empowers greifers. People don't want an LFD with cross server and heavy handed votekick protections for greifers.

That's why if there was an LFD system without greifer protection in the votekick system, you would come back and complain about it.

Sure. Refine the tool. I don't want a bad one. I'm sure no one does.

Edited by Crogga

LFG is not needed, every other mmo I know that has introduced this has damaged the community more than it helped it, sure it may be fun and all in the beginning but sooner rather than later jerks abuse it and the community slowly dies, it becomes meaningless to behave cause you can always requeue for another one.

right now it is important to make friends and have them in your social window talk to them regularely so you always have a good supply of players that will be willing to help you. and in turn you may help them.

we already have the flashpoint shuttles all over the place for easy access

the only thing they did wrong is splitting the flashpoints to several ships...

it should be one place where you go and embark to your flashpoint, that way everyone would go there, instead now the second and third ship for flashpoints is always empty

cause people hangout in the first where all the main vendors and GTN stations are.

plus the game is only one month old in time more people will be playing the game, and there will be more lv 50 chars around for hard mode.

That is a lie, LFD did not damage the community at all. I'm tired of that stupid false info to keep spreading around. If we are talking about wow community, Since Burning the community has been bad. The LFD system let other people play content in a timely manner.

I'm just tired of seeing the LFD ruined the community, if the community was as strong as people made it out to be. They would not have got ruined by it. There was still guilds doing content and players still pick to group with friends when they could. The LFD is the best thing to have ever been added to a mmo.

EDIT: I NEVER have a hard time find a group, and I'm not in a guild.

That's your argument?

Of course you never struggled to find a group, you probably are on a fair populated server and this game is less than one month old.

You'll change your tune soon enough when the servers will get more mature.

I'm glad that people with short term visions are not the ones in charge of development here.

Sure. Refine the tool. I don't want a bad one. I'm sure no one does.

Yeah right, the griefers whine constantly that the heavy handed WoW votekick restrictions arent enough, they demand a removal of ALL votekick options, so they can greif unlimited without EVER having any consequences.

This is the fundamental reason people don't want LFD, they saw how WoW's LFD empowered greifers, and they hated it.

Bottom line, if bioware gave us a refined LFD tool that still allowed the community to police greifers, they would all flood the forums demanding protection for their greifing ways.

That is a lie, LFD did not damage the community at all. I'm tired of that stupid false info to keep spreading around. If we are talking about wow community, Since Burning the community has been bad. The LFD system let other people play content in a timely manner.

I'm just tired of seeing the LFD ruined the community, if the community was as strong as people made it out to be. They would not have got ruined by it. There was still guilds doing content and players still pick to group with friends when they could. The LFD is the best thing to have ever been added to a mmo.

Your flat out wrong, LFD with heavy handed votekick restrictions ruined the game for many people. There is absolutely no reason greifers need votekick protection.

The reason decent people don't want LFD is they are afraid of a system like WoW's, that protects greifers.

Yeah right, the griefers whine constantly that the heavy handed WoW votekick restrictions arent enough, they demand a removal of ALL votekick options, so they can greif unlimited without EVER having any consequences.

This is the fundamental reason people don't want LFD, they saw how WoW's LFD empowered greifers, and they hated it.

Bottom line, if bioware gave us a refined LFD tool that still allowed the community to police greifers, they would all flood the forums demanding protection for their greifing ways.

/boggle. I have never seen threads like that. If you can link me a thread about that subject or point me in the right direction on the wow forums I'll take a look. Curious now.

So? I'm just wondering why that is a problem?

They would flood the forums demanding protection. So what if they did? Are you saying LFD is a tool just for griefing? The tool brings more pros over cons, and I would not even call this a con since it's not the tool it's the person.

No, I don't. I would be perfectly fine with everyone running content.

But the problem with the LFD tool is that the group it creates is not going to be as good as a group that plays together more regularly. The content, ESPECIALLY the hardmode content, shouldn't get dumbed down just so these random groups have a chance to complete it, because that doesn't leave any fun for those of us who think that facerull content is boring. And the way it stands right now, I'm betting that a group of people randomly tossed together won't get very far in the hardmodes. They're going to cry. A LOT.

But if they just took the time to get to know a few people and ran with them, they wouldn't need a finder in the first place, and they'd play better.

Bads ARE in the game in WoW. The content pre-raid is so easy that it never pushes people to learn their own class, much less to cooperate with other people towards a goal. Blizzard's LFD tool fosters that. They tried to get away from it some with the early Cata dungeons, but people threw a hissy, so they nerfed it to hell and gone and its all easy crap now. And people have no reason to learn their class.

Really don't want that here.

I actually like this game.

Edited by Taroen

/boggle. I have never seen threads like that. If you can link me a thread about that subject or point me in the right direction on the wow forums I'll take a look. Curious now.

Youve never seen a thread on the WoW forums with players whining about being votekicked?

Your flat out wrong, LFD with heavy handed votekick restrictions ruined the game for many people. There is absolutely no reason greifers need votekick protection.

The reason decent people don't want LFD is they are afraid of a system like WoW's, that protects greifers.

Um I still don't understand this. I've never had a problem kicking people from a group who was being out of line.

Edited by Teladis

If that one tool is so important, perhaps this isn't the game for you. Especially since BW already said NO to a LFG...

Dude... never take what a developer say as fact, as they'll change their opinion based on what the moneymakers (yes, the ones that pay them) want. This being said, Blizzard in the past denied any chance to have Name changes, let alone Race and Faction changes. Now, they not only have such tools, but also applaud their success with them.

If EA/Bioware want a LFD tool tomorrow just because it makes more money and is of popular demand, they'll post a gold text explaining how will it change the game for good.

So? I'm just wondering why that is a problem?

They would flood the forums demanding protection. So what if they did? Are you saying LFD is a tool just for griefing? The tool brings more pros over cons, and I would not even call this a con since it's not the tool it's the person.

No, the problem is, bioware may cave to the crying and give the griefers votekick protection.

LFD is not just a tool for griefing, but WoW's LFD system can be easily used for greifing, at the expense of the majority of players who are decent people.