Worst head start idea ever?

PhoenixAscendere

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this has to be the worst idea ever....letting people in waves join the game? Didn't we do server stress testing in the beta about 3 weeks ago? I'm still amazed at how this is being handled

They stagger access and let people in in waves to provide smooth game performance. QQ more.

Ye4s, this EGA thing is complete junk and it's depressed the hell out of me and wasted a lot of my time. I'm going to log out and not come back until release day, even though I pre-ordered months ago, SWOTOR.com says I haven't redeemed my code, which I have and it confirms that the code is in use and my account shows I have a registered copy of the game. So I'll come back on release date, get on the horn with tech support and put a bullet in my brain in the meantime.

When you release your MMO, you can dictate the launch however you see fit. They're doing this exactly as communicated and they are ahead of schedule. (for wave 2 anyway) Just relax and quit whining. :D

+1 for this^^

Personally, I think its a great idea, not only does it help with the load balancing, but it also helps keep starting area and quest hubs less crowded when you start.

And at least you guys can play when you get the emails. I already got mine and i'm stuck at work for another 7 hours... :mad:

Logged in this morning.

0 lag, 0 crashes, 0 ques, and no 10 min. mob camping for quest objectives.

Working as intended.

My biggest concern (and it was minute) was getting the names I wanted.

If I was on a PVP server, I imagine every wave that goes by is that much more gankers I have to deal with. But I am not, so whatever.

Early access concept.. great idea.. Staggered access on early access.. horrible.. we had stress testing done, there are over twenty servers with more on reserver.

Either let early access folks on by month of preorder or... like in beta assign them their day and time so we aren't stuck in a day long que.

Ye4s, this EGA thing is complete junk and it's depressed the hell out of me and wasted a lot of my time. I'm going to log out and not come back until release day, even though I pre-ordered months ago, SWOTOR.com says I haven't redeemed my code, which I have and it confirms that the code is in use and my account shows I have a registered copy of the game. So I'll come back on release date, get on the horn with tech support and put a bullet in my brain in the meantime.

okay so swtor.com says you haven't redeemed but your account does.... What exactly is different about your "account" and swtor. You can only check you account on swtor.com....

Early access concept.. great idea.. Staggered access on early access.. horrible.. we had stress testing done, there are over twenty servers with more on reserver.

Either let early access folks on by month of preorder or... like in beta assign them their day and time so we aren't stuck in a day long que.

fail post.

What I don't understand is if they cant handle pre-order and releasing waves when most people are at work/going to work how the hell will they handle people who pick up their boxed copy?

What are they going to do, queue people according to what time they went to the store?

Seriously..

Load up a batch of servers... put QUEUES on to stop 10,000 logging in at once to one server... bring up additional servers as needed. Gee I dunno every other MMO in the history of gaming has done this and its a proven way of managing the horde.

Their lack of faith in their servers is disturbing.

If they don't have faith in them... I don't either. I am getting worried we are heading into SWG land here.

Personally I'd rather be sitting in a 4 hour queue - ala Rift, at least knowing I might get to play at SOME point today, rather than sitting wondering what day I'm even going to get the chance.

ya see you just dont understand that every other game has done exactly the same thing SWTOR is doing.

The difference is they hid it by giving a fake 4 hour queue. I remember sitting in WoW and RIFT for my 4 hour queue. Guess what happened. 4 hours went by and I still was in queue, only the queue updated to indicate that I had another 2 hours queue time.

SWTOR is being up front and letting people in as the servers stable out.

I would rather wait than get in and crash every 20 minutes. Or have loot lag and be stuck and have to relog or have 500 players in the same start zone all at once.

This staggered early game access is the best solution.

They should have Email us which Wave are we in, so atleast we won't have to stare at the screen and wait.

We could plan our leaves etc, do other things, have beer with guildies or whatever meaningful.

Rather than now.. we are like siting ducks.

This has to be the worst idea ever....letting people in waves join the game? Didn't we do server stress testing in the beta about 3 weeks ago? I'm still amazed at how this is being handled

waaaa i can't get in now waaaaa

we all knew this was going to happen. And it is not the worst idea ever it is actually a very good one with how many ppl preorder.

you'll get to play soon enough....

What I don't understand is if they cant handle pre-order and releasing waves when most people are at work/going to work how the hell will they handle people who pick up their boxed copy?

What are they going to do, queue people according to what time they went to the store?

Seriously..

Load up a batch of servers... put QUEUES on to stop 10,000 logging in at once to one server... bring up additional servers as needed. Gee I dunno every other MMO in the history of gaming has done this and its a proven way of managing the horde.

Their lack of faith in their servers is disturbing.

If they don't have faith in them... I don't either. I am getting worried we are heading into SWG land here.

lack of faith or observant to HISTORY. Every single mmo that didn't stagger had nasty launches. They were the norm, but always bogged down, queues, etc. So bioware did something different, and OH MY GOD ITS WORKING. Go read a book or something.

I understand why its done so there isn't a giant bottle neck and they can add new servers with ease rather than rushing them out.

At the same time I would of liked a fighting chance to start at the same time with everyone else so I could of grabbed the names I use, work towards server firsts with my guild etc.