Worst head start idea ever?

PhoenixAscendere

I like the idea of a staggered start, just not the way they implemented it. Not telling people when to expect to be in is fail for sure.

Yea I see where you are coming from, but the very nature of WHY they are doing a staggered start demands their be some ambiguity tied into it.

If they could tell you when you are scheduled to get in, then that means they have predictable server metrics, and if they had predictable server metrics, they wouldn't need to be going the cautious route with a staggered release.

If they gave you an arbitrary date, that would only make it worse if anything happens between now and then and it gets postponed by not only a few hours, but even a day or so.

Edited by kalexkhan

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What is with all the self entitled children?

Honestly, if it were me, every post complaining would have that account moved to the BACK of the line.

I completely agree. The kind of attitudes shown in this thread, and the forums in general since they opened them are extremely childish. The game would be better off just removing this sort of player from the get-go.

/BAN'emall

The Wambulance strikes again?

i bet the majority of people saying "wah wah cry some moar" are people who are already playing, not only that but the rest are biowares biodrones that think bioware do "no wrong"

TBH, this staggering is really crap, not the idea but they way they are doing it the way they are headed they'll never get out of july the first day, not only that but they keep thousands of people checking their email because they want an excuse to do what they want should something happen.

So, they deny the thousands any sort of information regarding if they'll get in today, tomorrow etc etc, they dont want to deviate from their plan but they want to keep customers in the dark about ANY information regarding EGA.

Just so you know, theres plenty of people who will take what they've done the wrong way and could potentially cancel their pre-order not that it would be a huge difference however if Bioware can do things this way and continuously get away with it with such a community thats comes to their aid even though they are getting constantly screwed in the *** then this game will problably fail not long down the road.

If you guys played the weekend of thanksgiving, when everyone was invited you would have seen some queues of 22 hours, I think that would be much worse than having people come in waves.

I queued for over 40 hours when Aion launched, and that was day 1 of the 48 hour early access.

I'm really happy that Bioware's doing it this way instead. Though, a little more information wouldn't hurt, but it's pretty much standard to every MMO developer out there. If they give us a specific time, everyone will try to log in at once..when they do it this way, people basically find out during different times, and thus not overloading the login servers. Pure speculation, but that's what I think is going on.

The login server crashed on thanksgiving weekend as everyone tried to login at the same time. They can't afford that to happen now.

Not everyone have the time and patience to sit and spam F5, so I guess it'll be more or less a steady stream of people logging in and out.

- Elim

I completely agree. The kind of attitudes shown in this thread, and the forums in general since they opened them are extremely childish. The game would be better off just removing this sort of player from the get-go.

/BAN'emall

I think adults are far worse than children which is what we are mostly dealing with here. Adults in Walmart return lines on Friday or Sat night, especially on holidays can be way too serious and impatient. Just people need to be grateful for early access and wait like a good adult and not be so serious.

are people who are already playing, not only that but the rest are biowares biodrones that think bioware do "no wrong"

Actually you know what? I'm not playing. The last thing I'd be doing is being on the forums in a thread like this if I was playing.

I'm just not an idiot and I never expected to get in the first day or the second day. Unfortunately the masses do not share this line of thinking, they think they should get in RIGHT NOW because they 'payed' the same amount as joe blow over there. In reality no one payed anything for Early Access and Bioware has stated for the past few months they would be doing this. No one really has a right to complain at all.

I suggest going to do some thing more productive instead of just whining on the forums about how you didn't get into Early Access 4 hours after it started.

Actually you know what? I'm not playing. The last thing I'd be doing is being on the forums in a thread like this if I was playing.

I'm just not an idiot and I never expected to get in the first day or the second day. Unfortunately the masses do not share this line of thinking, they think they should get in RIGHT NOW because they 'payed' the same amount as joe blow over there. In reality no one payed anything for Early Access and Bioware has stated for the past few months they would be doing this. No one really has a right to complain at all.

I suggest going to do some thing more productive instead of just whining on the forums about how you didn't get into Early Access 4 hours after it started.

i suggest next time you quote my whole post, biodrone.

i also suggest you go do something more productive than whine about my post.

P.S see what i did there?

Edited by cereberusgrave

everyone keeps yapping on how spectacularly brilliant this idea is with 0 timelines... and how the servers are best off this way how zones arent boggled yet all you self proclaimed experts on "marketing and developing of online interaction software" forget the simple fact that on 20th it will be hell to pay. staggered or not when everybody with regular version start logging in it will be the same thing as happened with every other mmo. you will crash you will sit in ques and you will ask bioware why their staggered lunch made no difference in the end. or you'll continue with kissing someones rear end with some misplaced idea that it will get you something... to each his own i guess

To the OP.

Next time you want to join a MMO on launch day, make sure that you order the game as soon as it becomes available.

The moment I got the email to say I can preorder the game, I didn;t waste any time and went ahead and preordered from Amazon.com. As soon as they sent me the early access key I entered it on the website.

So if its anyone fault, its your own.

personally I think its a great idea what Bioware did with the staggered launch.

You'll forgive those of us who don't preorder on faith. I made that mistake with DA2. I waited until October to pre-order after participating in beta.

Anyway, I find the traditional method of opening all at once and letting things fall into place to be preferable. At the very least, since they have the list, they could tell people who pre-ordered between certain dates when they can expect to get in.

Something makes me worried WAY more than the staggered headstart...

They only let in 3 waves so far, and only people who pre-ordered the first two days are in... yet the server my guild was assigned to is already displaying "FULL".

Looks like their cute little plan to try to control server load and balance it utterly failed.

Something makes me worried WAY more than the staggered headstart...

They only let in 3 waves so far, and only people who pre-ordered the first two days are in... yet the server my guild was assigned to is already displaying "FULL".

Looks like their cute little plan to try to control server load and balance it utterly failed.

My buddy who redeemed his code at the end of November got in with the first wave.

It's ********, but oh well.

If I don't get in the next wave, I won't be able to play until Friday. A day after the early access was originally supposed to start. :(

all you whiners are the kind of people what would complain about getting a free car "Its not the color i wanted, wah wah wah."

seriously BioWare didn't have to give you anything at all. you should be thankful that they are letting you play their game before the 20th.

This has to be the worst idea ever....letting people in waves join the game? Didn't we do server stress testing in the beta about 3 weeks ago? I'm still amazed at how this is being handled

bioware has said this.. pretty much from the beginning.. that early access would be staggered.. this is nothing new.

they feel by doing this it will minimize queue times and server lag. we shall see. based on the forum posts, so far so good.

The system sucks.

How come people that pre-ordered on day one are out ,and people that pre-ordered after October that are in?

After testing the servers with 2 million testers I see no reason for this to happen.

As for me, I'm busy with work and I really don't care when I'm able to play or not. But the system is ridiculous!

If you're not in, try to relax and calm down. It's just a game :)

Am I missing something? Wasn't this the plan all along? To implement a phased approach to early access? It is certainly what I understood. I pre-ordered early and still don't expect to be in until the weekend.

And what would you prefer? This is the biggest MMO launch in history. Would it be preferable that they let everyone in and the servers were overwhelmed? Long queue. Unplayable game. Lots of restarts and down time. Is that preferable?

This is the right thing to do and your gaming experience will be significantly improved by it.

I get people want in right now. But relax yourselves. Your looking foolish and your expectations aren't aligned with reality.

I really hope the quality of people improves once in game. So far this seems like the 'Escaped from New York' of WOW. All of their undesirables have been locked up here. Great.

all you whiners are the kind of people what would complain about getting a free car "Its not the color i wanted, wah wah wah."

seriously BioWare didn't have to give you anything at all. you should be thankful that they are letting you play their game before the 20th.

I wouldn't complain about a free car that wasn't the color I wanted...

But I would sell it, because I already have a car.

:D