What is the best build for PvP?

The_Metal

Rage is the best PVP tree although Annihilation is not far off, but is completely different. Rage spec is excellent burst, excellent survivability, good utility, and good AOE. Annihilation is single target damage, but massive damage. Overall Rage is better but annihilation can also be beastly.

• 2 weeks later...
Rage is the best PVP tree although Annihilation is not far off, but is completely different. Rage spec is excellent burst, excellent survivability, good utility, and good AOE. Annihilation is single target damage, but massive damage. Overall Rage is better but annihilation can also be beastly.

Sabrewolf! You are a beast my friend, well when you got ur pocket heals lol jk....gratz on your bm weapons, I'm usually eating them.

Cathexis - Marauder (imperial)

Once true competitive pvp (full premades) is introduced. It's going to be go rage or go home.

Rage is the most gimmicky spec, once you face good players it is completely useless. Yes, you can smash for high crit and what then?

Rage is really unreliable.

Imo Carnage is the best spec, it allows you to be in Range with your opponent for quite I time and Deadly Throw cooldown isn't that a long one, so that snare adds quite a lot.

Also Stealth breaks any Moving Impairing abilities. And people maybe didn't notice, but Ataru form passive gives you permanent 15% movement speed. These all 3 combined it is hard to get Mara off your back.

People saying that 3 stacks of Deadly Sabers melt enemies down insta, yes, they are strong. But most of the cases applying 3 stacks of deadly sabers on ranged targets is quite hard, since they can kite you in Annihilation where in Carnage it's quite harder.

I think Carnage is SERIOUSLY underrated. I feel like Rage is probably the weakest, but then again this is all personal opinion anyway.

I love Carnage for a few reasons: Massacre sets up an instant Critical Scream, it gets easy Rage/Fury, and it gets two snares. The latter totally made me love Carnage. Having a ranged snare coupled with a snare that deals insane amounts of damage (Throw and Ravage respectively) is just amazing. Granted, I'll probably get bored at some point and retry the other two specs again, but for now, Carnage is my friend.

i think it's funny how people always claim to have 'evidence that anni is the best' or 'evidence that carnage sucks balls' , though they never share this evidence. this of course, is cause they're just talking out of their bottoms. so i will just honestly say, in my opinion (no i don't have evidence, nobody actually has) carnage is underrated and powerful in pvp. maybe not so much for pve, but pvp is my personal focus anyway.

I still love Carnage. I feel rage is far too dependent on smash, and many times I feel like I don't hit my intended target.

Annihilate I liked, and was top of damage, but I didn't feel like I earned it (you can DOT everyone you see, but still not do jack **** overall.) However I do love the charge free of range and reduced cooldown, and I always felt like I had 30 stacks of fury ready to go.

Carnage I am -always- on my opponent dealing damage. Always. If I get knocked back, I can root them in place with the debuff throw. Activate gore, get a crit scream or melt HP with ravage root. When I end the game at the top of the charts, I felt like I earned every bit of damage.

Oh and I love never having to hit vicious slash again. Give me massacre any day of the week.

Imo for me its Carnage > Annihilation > Rage.

Edited by Riahen

As far as PvPing, what build gives the best results? I'm pure Carnage right now at level 30, and am really disappointing at this build. It feels really lack luster and under powered.

Should I respec Annihilation, Rage, or is there a guide I can follow?

You should reroll, or prepare for glorious hard pounding, unplayable ability delay.

Never had a problem with PvE, unless it was a Flashpoint that was exactly my level. Always seemed to be the first to die.

So I've switched to the "noobish" Rage spec, and will never go back to Carnage. Only level 35 of course, so naturally I'm still in the horrible parts of this class. However, my kill output has drastically increased. I'm able to kill bosses before dying that I normally could not, and PvP has allowed me to kill much quicker.

Even some that are ten levels higher have problems with me. Not all of course, but a select few. I'm convinced Rage is much better than Carnage. Yes, I'm sure it gets better once you hit level 40, but that's an absurdity.

Why should I wait 30 levels to finally be on the same playing field as everyone else? There's no logic in that. Either way, I'll probably enjoy my character a lot more now that I can actually do things.

Carnage matures at L40 because you cannot gain Massacre until then. 30% more proc rate on Ataru strikes means a lot more damage output, since Carnage damage relies on proc'ed damage.

I agree with the examination of Carnage though. The raw damage is exceedingly lower then both Rage and Annihilation, and Bleedout for Anni is currently broken. When they fix that, Carnage will fall even further behind. I think Bioware needs to go back and re-examine Carnage dps, add in a few more boosts.

*Edit* Now that I think about it, the real, simple solution to fixing Carnage is to change the Ataru proc damage to internal damage, rather then energy. Then it will no longer be affected by armor, and make Gore give us a 10% damage boost instead of 100% armor pen.

Edited by Selixx