Price fix scam...

darthveda

Why do Biofail charge the uk £8.99 for 1 month sub and sweden 119.00 sek (£11.19)?

in todays currency market thats an extra £2.20 ...

This is from my current sub..

Current Subscription: One Month Recurring Subscription Next billing date: 4 Feb 2012 for 119.00 kr

also.. when i bought the game on the SWTOR website it clearly stated 500sek.... so i click the link witch took me to Origin.. witch decided to charge me 550sek !!

these ppl are robbing hoods... and ofc i will complain to the apropiate ppl...

Why do Biofail charge the uk £8.99 for 1 month sub and sweden 119.00 sek (£11.19)?

Current Subscription: One Month Recurring Subscription Next billing date: 4 Feb 2012 for 119.00 kr

also.. when i bought the game on the SWTOR website it clearly stated 500sek.... so i click the link witch took me to Origin.. witch decided to charge me 550sek !!

You will need much more extrapolation to your thesis before you sway me. In a Free Market system, whatever someone is willing to pay is the market price. I don't see a problem.

Multiple things can fact a monthly sub.

Exchange rates being a big factor.

It's when they DON'T use exchange rates then do something stupid like:

$10

£10

€10

That's when I get annoyed.

As for the 550 thing. That's EA being a greedy c**kmu**hers they are and why I will refuse to buy an EA game that forces me to buy through them.

the sub is through SWTOR website not origin i only bought the game on origin because the SWTOR website said 500sek and a tab under it to click witch then took me to Origin to buy the game.. although they charged 550 sek for it.

When you see the horrible exchange rates we scandinavians get, it's pretty clear they linked the billing system for subs to Origin.

did you account for exchange rates from those currencies into U.S. dollars?

the 500 on site, to 550 on origin, is probably the origin "per-order fee"

welcome to globalmarket and trade where exchange rates affect everyone and does take into account.

Welcome to the 80's...

I bet milk costs more there too. Exchange rates aside just because you can exchange your money to a different currency doesn't mean you can exchange cost under the same rate. Some things cost more/less elsewhere regardless of how much money you have.

I am from Sweden as well and it is robbery, I already canceled, skit i detta jävla skit spelet, EAkan dra åt helvete tillsammans med Bioware. Fan jag väntar på diablo och guild wars 2 nu, mycket bättre spel, om du kan dumpa denna skiten nu innan du slösar mer pengar.

And to those that did not understand that, too bad, I fail at understanding why I have to pay the most out of everyone.

I bet milk costs more there too. Exchange rates aside just because you can exchange your money to a different currency doesn't mean you can exchange cost under the same rate. Some things cost more/less elsewhere regardless of how much money you have.

Well in Sweden things cost more because we pay more taxes to improve our society, without taxes its the cheapest place on earth to live and given that our taxes actually go to improving society (instead of the pockets of politicians and making bombs) strictly speaking taxes are more like a pre payment on the reduced cost of luxaries and services.

the sub is through SWTOR website not origin i only bought the game on origin because the SWTOR website said 500sek and a tab under it to click witch then took me to Origin to buy the game.. although they charged 550 sek for it.

As a fellow swede, stop embarrassing yourself. It's stated when you buy the game that an additional fee will be added to the price, it is your own fault for not reading through the "fine print". And can't you see how the difference in price is because of taxes, exchange rates etc? Being a swede, I don't understand how you can't see that taxes of different kinds can be at fault here when we pay the highest taxes in the world in everyday life.

Not anymore. They centralized their banking too.

Sorry not part of the EURO, if you refer to a central bank in general, learn economics from something other than zeitgeist perhaps?! we are, fact, best and most well of country in the EU. Oh and our central bank is run by swedishpeople not some greenberg greedy corrupted shell, not everyone is like USA.

for those ranting about exchange rates...

1.00 GBP = 1.54678 USD

1.00 GBP = 10.6518 SEK

10.65 SEK =1.54731 USD

umm... as you can clearly see the sek is stronger than the UK £ yet we need to pay more.. are you *********** kidding me?> !

also you cannot change where u live as it takes the Credit card details and says "this is a swedish credit card you must be billed in that currency"

Multiple things can fact a monthly sub.

Exchange rates being a big factor.

It's when they DON'T use exchange rates then do something stupid like:

$10

£10

€10

That's when I get annoyed.

Steam. What a joke. They've made such a huge fortune on the €=$ it's not even fun.

As a fellow swede, stop embarrassing yourself. It's stated when you buy the game that an additional fee will be added to the price, it is your own fault for not reading through the "fine print". And can't you see how the difference in price is because of taxes, exchange rates etc? Being a swede, I don't understand how you can't see that taxes of different kinds can be at fault here when we pay the highest taxes in the world in everyday life.

As a swedishperson you should know wedon't pay the highest taxes anymore since Reinfeldt took power or even before that when Denmark surpassed us, now we are not even nr2. Så var snäll och inte skäm ut dig.

The difference isn't because of taxes etc, it's just because they can. It's really rather obvious when the Origin price is 550 while the box copy goes for 450.

I am from Sweden as well and it is robbery, I already canceled, skit i detta jävla skit spelet, EAkan dra åt helvete tillsammans med Bioware. Fan jag väntar på diablo och guild wars 2 nu, mycket bättre spel, om du kan dumpa denna skiten nu innan du slösar mer pengar.

And to those that did not understand that, too bad, I fail at understanding why I have to pay the most out of everyone.

haha unsub'eded igår pga deras jävla CS :p

personally im waiting for tera :p