Star Wars Saga RPG

Kalyth

Is there anyone playing this D20 tabletop RPG out there?

I just started a campaign with some friends in November and I find it quite entertaining.

I'm the Game Master and I'm "directing" some adventures that take place after KotOR II (if you want you can check some hints of in HERE, but it's written in Italian, sorry about that).

What do you guys think of the rules? I quit playing D&D years ago and switched to the last World of Darkness but can't really get back now.

I also played a bit of the old WS RPG (D6 based) which was, on the conrary, too realistic.

I'm currently playing a saga edition campaign and played in a couple of the revised edition campaigns.

One of the biggest problems for saga right now is that having not renewed thier license, the books are out of print and so some are crazy expensive. Fortunately play is much easier when starship combat is avoided. OTOH, mixing in starship combat is a very Star Wars thing even if it doesn't have much bearing on the rest of the game.

The Saga edition is certainly a fun system, but it does have its flaws. One of these being you choose armor or level for part of your fort/ref/will defense so armor becomes useless after level 5 or so unless a soldier wants to take a couple talents. Some of the feats or talents also really serve no purpose and are used is such a small number of situations that, once you become familiar with the system, players will pretty much just always pick the same few feats and talents since they're the only ones worth taking.

Try to find a copy of the West End Games rules from the mid-80s. Best Star Wars RPG ever. Very fast and fluid, just like the movies.

I still have them too, and that was quite nice even if I never played it a lot.

I found it was a bit too realistic having a blaster shot killing people and so on.

I know that in the movies this is the case, but I really can't imagine a PC dying from one single blaster hit. We'll stick to the Saga ruleset for now and, after the second "episode", we'll decide what to do.