pro tips for datacrons.

Kaladorei

1. turn OFF sprint, 99% of the time jumping is possible without sprint and will make it super easy.

2. take your time, never rush a jump if your unsure, always step back as far as possible on your current platform and run/jump forward.

3. If you are really struggling it is possible for a trooper to grapple you up in duel a consular/si to pull you or a JK or SW to leap up to other people, so use this to your advantage if you are having difficulty and falling alot.

4. press the / key next to num lock to walk, it helps alot on "tight ropes".

5. Jawa baloon is the worst thing since chuck norris made an advert, if you struggle with this kind of thing, get a sage/sorc or trooper/bh to go with you incase u need a grapple or force pull.

on a personal note 2 hours on a baloon for 4 toons is stupid bioware need to change this.

6. the aim datacron on ilum is currently bugged that is why u cant do it.

7. +10 to all stats on fleet is buggy as hell, and once one person in your group touches the datacron your crystals are used up, so make sure that you all get up first. (this is the most buggy crap ever and i would suggest doing this once it has been patched).

Republic side: if you want to get someone up to the impossibly broken MGGS point, use a smuggler, get him to cover mid air and s/he should get up after a few tires, i did it also on a trooper pressing explosive surge at the last second.

8. MGGS, ok so i found a better way to get it to work, right clicking the magnetic thingies as many times as possible as it casts seems to help the success rate, however it never guarentees a single try.

9. get datacrons as you hit each planet where possible, i found that 90% of datacrons can be reached on each planet as you get there. do them whilst your there, you do not want to be running round on nar shadaa at level 50 platforming believe me.

I came onto the republic holocron on Balmora , that holocron in the Mantis Queen lair, underground (or whatever that bug's name was).

For the life of me, i could climb up and get it and after 15 minutes of sheer frustation i turned my back on it! Knowledge can wait!

I came onto the republic holocron on Balmora , that holocron in the Mantis Queen lair, underground (or whatever that bug's name was).

For the life of me, i could climb up and get it and after 15 minutes of sheer frustation i turned my back on it! Knowledge can wait!

You might wanna try a different approach, that datacron is clearly not a jumpy game :rolleyes:

As someone who's pretty bad at the faux-platforming in this game, I agree that these are handy tips, especially the walking (if you need to simply drop straight down) and the running before jumping (if you need to get across something). There seems to be something strange and horrible about the combination of Jump + Move Forward (latency perhaps?) that's somewhat alleviated by getting a running start.

More obvious but still helpful, zoom the camera out!

Great tips! Thanks for sharing.

One thing I find helpful for some difficult jumps (like the pipes in the Justicar area) is to make a standing by clicking "w" and the spacebar at the same time. Literally just tap the two at the same time (don't hold them down). It makes a nice controlled "broad jump." I never even knew you could do that (I tend to run and maneuver with my mouse more so than my keyboard. I find myself wondering if I could ever do that in other games to. Although I never really needed to do that in other games).

Edited by Jilla

Great tips! Thanks for sharing.

One thing I find helpful for some difficult jumps (like the pipes in the Justicar area) is to make a standing by clicking "w" and the spacebar at the same time. Literally just tap the two at the same time (don't hold them down). It makes a nice controlled "broad jump." I never even knew you could do that (I tend to run and maneuver with my mouse more so than my keyboard. I find myself wondering if I could ever do that in other games to. Although I never really needed to do that in other games).

I personally do this by pressing space waiting two seconds(or at least what my mind thinks is two second) and then pressing w, but I also have a bit of lag so that might make the difference