The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Datacrons, while a nice idea(Easter eggs)..

Kunra

It doesn't encourage exploration when the datacrons are in fixed locations. Randomly spawning across a zone in out of the way places would have encouraged exploration.

As it is now people feel they need the datacron stat boosts in order to not be gimped. So they look them up on the web, follow the guide and endure the frustration.

You type the most hateful word in any mmo that exists, Frustration, thats all I have experienced tonight trying to Jump/Drop/Fight my way to Datacrons.

I dont play games to be frustrated for hours, I play to enjoy.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You type the most hateful word in any mmo that exists, Frustration, thats all I have experienced tonight trying to Jump/Drop/Fight my way to Datacrons.

I dont play games to be frustrated for hours, I play to enjoy.

I uninstalled and deleted latest assasins creed forpissingme off on a bad jump, clever BW, copy the crap leave the gold to others.

Don't forget that you get Matrix Shards aswell, from some Datacrons.

Matrix Shards are used to combine into a relic, hard stats relic with no use function, probably BiS atm.

I've got a relic with 50 str, 55 stamina and 24 crit, I'd say that beats a purple relic with a use effect only.

Seriously? The Coruscant ones are easy.

Stop complaining. You can skip the ones you don't have the patience for. It's only a minor stat bonus.

Really, I call BS.

Jumping 2 dozen times, perfectly timed and aligned or YOU START OVER FROM SCRATCH is easy?

Your that good? Good for you, i'm not. yet I still pay the same fee per months to play.

Edited by Kunra

I love that balloonride :D

i wish there were more!

(in fact, there is another one floating around on tatooine that i want to be able to get to)

Imagine having an alt, and wanting datacrons for that one too, or PVP server, or when balloon was bugged on my server before last patch or get disconnected for being afk while cooking, eating and working a day waiting to arrive at destination.

Normal level headed designer would cut the balloon ride in 2 thirds of the time, if needed just have it slow down where you geton it and make it more fun for everyone.

PS: There are a lot more similar ones to the balloon...

I like the datacrons that encourage, you know, genuine exploration.

I don't like the ones that came about out of some dev's misguided opinion that, since the game has a jump button, it's okay to put in silly platforming.

I'm looking at you, Imp-side Tatooine.

Sounds like you need to practice instead of complain then.

The datacrons aren't all that difficult with good timing and persistance. If you don't want the datacrons, don't get them.

Don't make essential stats and stuff for best gear in datacrons then? because at some point you will have to have it or feel so compeled you have no choice.

Are you all trolling? They are easy. The hardest part is the travel time and the patience of waiting for certain slow moving things to lign up

I got them all very easily. Even the +10 on the fleet is easy.

Heck I even got the ones I had to force jump into walls then unbugmyself as type 3

Are you all trolling? They are easy. The hardest part is the travel time and the patience of waiting for certain slow moving things to lign up

I got them all very easily. Even the +10 on the fleet is easy.

Heck I even got the ones I had to force jump into walls then unbugmyself as type 3

PLease explain, how you EASILY got the Datacron in the Works on Coruscant.

I like the datacrons that encourage, you know, genuine exploration.

I don't like the ones that came about out of some dev's misguided opinion that, since the game has a jump button, it's okay to put in silly platforming.

I'm looking at you, Imp-side Tatooine.

Its always a good thing when the challenge comes from using controls for a task that weren't designed for that task.

I got the one in the Works in my 1st try, only looking up the starting location, with a type 3 male.

Datacrons are fine and give you something to do besides killing things. Learn to control your char, if you can't... well then you don't deserve them.

Dumbest implimentation, period.

I can understand Gold Elites and groups required to get to them.

How many folks have gotten all the Datacrons on Coruscant? Particularly the one in the works.

Whoever at Bioware thought this was a good idea? Fire them, now.

Who thought waiting 2 hours for the Balloon on Tat(missed it by less then a minute), and only getting 1 of the 2 Holocrons because I wasnt centered perfectly to drop for the second was a good idea??

That balloon ride on Tatooine took 30 minutes mate, no clue how it could have taken you two freakin hours :)

I got the one in the Works in my 1st try, only looking up the starting location, with a type 3 male.

Datacrons are fine and give you something to do besides killing things. Learn to control your char, if you can't... well then you don't deserve them.

How, exactly?

The Tatooine one took me several tries... not because I missed the jump, but because the balloon would bug out about 30 meters from the sandcrawler and drop me on the dune below.

But the feeling of relief/satisfaction when I finally got it on the fourth attempt was fantastic, like finally downing Ragnaros (not new Rag, old Rag back when all the cool kids ran molten core). None of the other datacrons have seemed hard really. Turn off sprint, line stuff up and do the jumps with WASD + keyboard (more reliable than mouse).

Edited by Myrkkin