Cut scenes to instant combat

Cardonne

I'd like to know what people think of this. I have a lvl 50 shadow and 2 lvl 20's with heavy armor.

The shadow often gets face melted before he can even select one target. Coming into combat from their BS cut scenes, I have literally had the npcs get in 4-6 secs of casting before i could get of the ground and select my 1st target. It appears to me that they either hate the class or were brain dead when they decided not to give the player even 1 or 2 seconds to see his UI before combat begins. I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't stand there talking and allow myself to be encircled by potential hostiles, as is often the case

Force wave gives you about 3/4 of a second but the mobs swarm on you then. If you use force cloak and then get into trouble later your sunk. What do you guys do in this situation?

Mash stealth as the cutscene ends, if it fails then burn force cloak. Mind maze the strongest target before engaging. Using Theran Cedrax helps as well (Holiday is awesome). If you are still having problems, pop your player+companion special ability (forgot the names, 1 regens your health for a minute and another gives you dmg reduction for 15ish seconds).

Mash stealth as the cutscene ends, if it fails then burn force cloak. Mind maze the strongest target before engaging. Using Theran Cedrax helps as well (Holiday is awesome). If you are still having problems, pop your player+companion special ability (forgot the names, 1 regens your health for a minute and another gives you dmg reduction for 15ish seconds).

This.

Holiday is awesome until she gets full-channel-spamed vs an immune Champion.

I have not had any problems going right into the fight.

It's pretty rare that the fight is worse than Gold + 2 weak. When this is the case, I AE punt, Tumult one weak dead, and the other eats a project plus spinning strike, and you've got a 1v1 after all of 6 seconds.

I have not had this issue but I generally AE punt or force cloak to get time to set up. If I open with force cloak, I usually wait until the force cloak CD is up again then Mind Maze the big guy and take out his friends. Then force cloak and come back mono e mono on the main guy with all my abilities up and full CD's and Force. Edited by richardya

if that happens and the cut scene mobs get the jump on me, I try to take out the lighter bad guys first. If i cant, i'll cloak to get ready. Then mind maze the toughest target, lift the next toughest, stun another if need be, but by then you should have the main guys under control. I think the standard is always get the weakest enemy first.

Holiday is awesome until she gets full-channel-spamed vs an immune Champion.

I have not had any problems going right into the fight.

It's pretty rare that the fight is worse than Gold + 2 weak. When this is the case, I AE punt, Tumult one weak dead, and the other eats a project plus spinning strike, and you've got a 1v1 after all of 6 seconds.

I havent had holiday have any issues with the immune yet and Im on belvaris. Maybe I am just not noticing it.

Is it a lag issue? Having done all the quests up to lvl 50, I rarely ran into encounters where the mobs got a jump on me right after a cut scene. I would say 90% of the time, I'd get a second or two before I would even gain aggro, giving plenty of time to stealth.

The final battle on Belsavis (or whichever it is that unlocks Nadia) is a major pain.

2 strong, 1 gold. The gold fella is IMMUNE to stealth, even with the improved stealth buff he sees you coming from behind him.

I ended up focusing one strong, killing it then died. Respawn wait for cooldowns then kill the other strong, force cloak, wait for cooldowns then the gold.

I am tank spec, was 3 levels above the mobs, had blue mods max for my level and tried several different companions.

The fact he can see through any stealth just makes it a major pita.

But yeah, some of the fights are "odd".

Edited by Selestian