Replace 'Kick Timer' with 'Vote to Kick'

SoulstitchMMO

Because Bioware lacks the programming knowledge to compensate for lag or even allow people to pass through doors before the kick timer goes off (2nd door in voidstar) replace the idle kick timer with a vote to kick option.

This would stop all the ridiculous warzone kicking because you can't get through the damn door in time.

Also you wouldn't be forced to go get farmed by a full raid of 50s in hutt ball because they get more reward if they drag it out for the full duration even if they scored 5 goals in 4 min.

there should be a vote to kick option, but not at the loss of inactive timer....this would just lead to more afkers farming free points and not contributing anything.

That is where the vote kick option can be used, but honestly do you like getting farmed for 10minutes when the other team is sitting at 5 - 0 in huttball?

If someone is afk then vote kick them, but the timer needs to go until Bioware figures out how to program the doors.

Because Bioware lacks the programming knowledge to compensate for lag or even allow people to pass through doors before the kick timer goes off (2nd door in voidstar) replace the idle kick timer with a vote to kick option.

This would stop all the ridiculous warzone kicking because you can't get through the damn door in time.

Also you wouldn't be forced to go get farmed by a full raid of 50s in hutt ball because they get more reward if they drag it out for the full duration even if they scored 5 goals in 4 min.

Hmmm. I see this not working out well. If there's a group that doesn't want level 10s in their group, they can just vote to kick them out under your system, resulting in low level characters NEVER getting to play.

How about a vote to kick option is given AFTER their AFK timer goes off?

I agree with this idea, though I just think that it's the door mechanic itself that is broken. They either need to do individual rez timers where everyone waits 15 seconds to get back in the battle (like in Alderaan) or create some way where if the door opens for you once, it stays open for that player until he gets out. Another solution could be to force everyone outside the door after the timer ends, but onto a safe area where they couldn't get put in combat if they are afk.

Hmmm. I see this not working out well. If there's a group that doesn't want level 10s in their group, they can just vote to kick them out under your system, resulting in low level characters NEVER getting to play.

I see any vote to kick option having too many ways to be abused. Just make it so if people go AFK for a certain amount of time in the actual warzone they get auto kicked.

I see any vote to kick option having too many ways to be abused. Just make it so if people go AFK for a certain amount of time in the actual warzone they get auto kicked.

Since Bioware is so keen on copying WOW, they did it perfectly. People voted to kick someone that was afk.

That person then had to start moving or get into combat to keep from getting kicked.

It was really hard to abuse.

Didn't WoW have vote to kick? If they did it must've worked. I never got kicked, nor have I heard of anyone voting to kick someone else. Pretty much everyone just had fun.

Yeah but Blizzard knows how to program so things work when they put them in game. Sure they had to do balancing issues, but rarely did they release such un-tested product.