The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why are Imperials so much stronger than Repubs?

xprivatepylex

I'm sure everyone has read the same complaints, but it's ridiculous. PvP is simply put unenjoyable from the Republic's side. I argue that not just the Sith Inquiz, but the entire Empire's side needs to be nerfed down. Force lightning is obvious - it's the primary attack for any inquiz. "Oh but you can interrupt it," yeah, and then they cast it again, meanwhile I have another minute until I can use an interrupt again, AFTER I've already used all 3 (Smuggler). And what about the Bounty Hunter? Yeah homing missile is outlandishly strong, but my complaint is the flamethrower. It does massive damage, more with burns, AND as far as I've noticed it isn't channeled so it can't be interrupted.

It's stupid when I go into a PvP and 6/8 of the Empire players are inquizitors spamming force lightning, with a few bounty hunters to get their back when someone who knows what they're doing starts destroying them.

If you've read this, thanks for letting me vent.

Jansolo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure everyone has read the same complaints, but it's ridiculous. PvP is simply put unenjoyable from the Republic's side. I argue that not just the Sith Inquiz, but the entire Empire's side needs to be nerfed down. Force lightning is obvious - it's the primary attack for any inquiz. "Oh but you can interrupt it," yeah, and then they cast it again, meanwhile I have another minute until I can use an interrupt again, AFTER I've already used all 3 (Smuggler). And what about the Bounty Hunter? Yeah homing missile is outlandishly strong, but my complaint is the flamethrower. It does massive damage, more with burns, AND as far as I've noticed it isn't channeled so it can't be interrupted.

It's stupid when I go into a PvP and 6/8 of the Empire players are inquizitors spamming force lightning, with a few bounty hunters to get their back when someone who knows what they're doing starts destroying them.

Jansolo

You realize Assassin's are inquisitor's also right? I am an assassin. I do not use force lightning like ever.

aside from a few animation bugs, a couple of issues... all classes are direct mirrors use the exact same abilities that do the exact same amount of damage.

Now please let this uninformed useless thread die.

PS. I play republic, and you give republic players a bad name.

Edited by AndantePhist

Jansolo

You realize there are mirror classes on repub side right? Sage does the same thing, the animation is just different. Its probably got something to do with people like you, who refuse to believe its just that whoever was playing on empire side was better skillwise or better geared.

I sympathize with your troubles, but it is a little silly to try to claim one faction is overpowered in this particular game, since they're mirrored.

Every Inquisitor power has an identical Consular power, the graphics are the only change (force lightning or telekinesis, respectively)

Same with Bounty Hunters/Troopers, Imperial Agents/Smugglers, and Sith Warriors/Jedi Knights.

One might have some chance arguing particular classes dominate other classes (in this case, smuggler and Inquisitor) but so far as the factions go, they're exactly equal.

Jansolo

They're not.

You're welcome.

Well judging from the completely legitimate and accurate threads in this forum, that are in no way rage/qq threads in the form of false statistics.

Imperial players do 575% more damage for no other reason than being imperial.

Imperial players stuns last twice as long because they're imperial.

Imperial players don't experience lag or ability delay, because they're imperial.

Imperial players don't use animations, they just deal damage by force of will.

So on and so forth...

LOL

I never get tired of noobs/crappy players whinging that "Its not my inability to play, it has to be everyone else cheating or the everything not on my side is OP!!!"

Seriously on Ajunta Pall all the WZ's i play are 50/50 empire/republic depending on the timezone.

Stop complaining and just learn to play the freaking game.

Jansolo

Hilarious.

As everyone else has said. The classes are mirrored. Imperials get annoyed at the pebble throwers just like you get annoyed at the lightning.

And troopers are the equivalent of bounty hunters. Flame thrower is channeled, and interruptable. It doesnt leave a lingering burn (although other abilities can), it just does a cone damage. Troopers have the same exact skill, just with lightning spell effect instead of fire!

The reason you are losing, is because your team isnt as good as the other team. I have a republic alt (ex-guildies made me) and I can sympathise, because people who play 'the good side' are always terrible at PvP in every MMO I have ever played. It must be the sadistic killer instinct that evil players have.

The problem is that all the "cool kids" wanted to be evil and wanted to be lightning throwers...that was my plan until I played in beta. And I found out that gun wielders are just a frickin fun....:)

Come back to the dark side, we have cookies and flamethrowers.

I find this extra funny because on my server we have an over population to empire side. Meaning that you hardly ever seen reps in world and played huttball 24/7.

So in our 300 man guild we got a dozen or so people together rerolled republic and then bossed WZs as level 10 premades.

Trust me its not the faction, its just you.

The power of the emperor makes them stronger obviously.

See what you get for not having your own emperor?

It is obvious though, Bioware mails all Imperials (only if your first char was imperial, if you roll one after making a repub it doesn't work) a special augment that gives +500% damage and healing and +500 endurance at level 1.

Thats how we get away with it, when you do win you obviously got republic reroll players who didn't get that buff.

Sorry to be the one to break it to you my friend.

So I'm guessing the Empire also gets a buff upon spawning into a warzone called overpowered, doubling their stats and making them OP.

However, on my server the Empire seems to do better, and I believe the reason for that is because there are more higher level Imps. My advice: utilize the weaknesses of the Empire classes to your advantage, then they wont seem so OP

So I'm guessing the Empire also gets a buff upon spawning into a warzone called overpowered, doubling their stats and making them OP.

However, on my server the Empire seems to do better, and I believe the reason for that is because there are more higher level Imps. My advice: utilize the weaknesses of the Empire classes to your advantage, then they wont seem so OP

No it isn't a buff, its an augment in our gear. Sheesh get it right!