Bioware and EA : Made the best decision business wise.

LordRelyks

So lets see. The game costs about 75 bucks to play if you buy a months subscription. In order to make the game, I believe it cost about 200 mill. Now after building up a lot of hype, they earned...

150 million, not including the people that bought CE and such.

So lets see. The game costs about 75 bucks to play if you buy a months subscription. In order to make the game, I believe it cost about 200 mill. Now after building up a lot of hype, they earned...

Um, no. You know how the game is sold for $60? Well, if it was a retailer other then Origin, then they would only see roughly 25-35$ of that as the retailer has to make a profit so they get it cheaper, and on top of that, Lucas Arts gets I believe, 33% of revenue of so you chop that number down some more. They actually haven't made that much yet.

Yeah your pretty much forgetting the production, distribution and retailing costs.

As well as employ salaries. The game hasn't stopped costing them since it's released. They still have an entire team constantly working on this game that needs to be paid.

Wait...aren't you the guy that thought it would be hard to hide single planet in a galaxy? :cool:

Um, no. You know how the game is sold for $60? Well, if it was a retailer other then Origin, then they would only see roughly 25-35$ of that as the retailer has to make a profit so they get it cheaper, and on top of that, Lucas Arts gets I believe, 33% of revenue of so you chop that number down some more. They actually haven't made that much yet.

Thats not the way it works. The liscene agreement was 33% of sub revenew for la. Nothing on sales EA got all of the sales. BW LA RA SPLIT subs 3 ways. LA and Bw have not seen a dime yet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.