Crit stacking w/ PVP Gear..

anarchythreeotwo

Hey all,

Im a 50 merc with the arsenal line. I love my DPS.

I was wondering what you are all doing to get some crit back when using the Champion sets. I was sitting around 33% crit and 75% surge with my PVE gear, and now im at around 23% crit with 55% surge with a full set of champion.

How are you guys stacking crit back into the PVP build? Or are you just as screwed as me? lol.

I have the skill that is 100% chance to vent heat on crit for missles/unload, thats why I am stacking aside from dmg benefits... I think Crit > power, but I may be wrong.

TY for responses in advance.

Edited by anarchythreeotwo

Only have a few tips for you, sorry!

-First: Use consumables! If you PvP your inventory should be full of them. May not look like much but every little bit helps tip the scales.

-Second: Mix gear! I personally have come to the conclusion that I am going die. I like damage so much that it doesn't bother me. Find the best all around average stats you can get from mixing PvE and PvP gear. Most MMOs are PvE based, which means BiS (Best in Slot) will always be PvE (Meaning end game Raid gear). More so it is usually the BiS PvE weapon that blows the PvP version out of the water. So once you get that you could pretty much go full PvP gear + BiS PvE weapon and melt face.

Also for the most part top end PvP weapon and some gear (with proper chants etc) will out perform most PvE players and gear until BiS raiding gear. So PvPing will help you cut in line for PvE.

Happy Gaming!

Edited by Wolfeborn

change out the enhancements with crit/surge enhancements. Poisonous strategy on illum daily quest gives a decent one.

Pretty sure Champ gear does not let you change out the mods. I have a few pieces....they are not orange and when I did the ctrl click thing it did not bring me to the page that lets me vew the mods....only tried it once though....maybe I miss clicked?

Pretty sure Champ gear does not let you change out the mods. I have a few pieces....they are not orange and when I did the ctrl click thing it did not bring me to the page that lets me vew the mods....only tried it once though....maybe I miss clicked?

You can change them out, I had a pair of champ boots, that I took the mods out and put in a centurion helm lol.

You must have done it wrong. I've swapped out mods on just about all my gear and I'm sitting on 45% tech crit (with IA buff) and 89.66% tech crit multiplier when I have CSC active. It's a little less with HVGC active (and IA buff).

You must have done it wrong. I've swapped out mods on just about all my gear and I'm sitting on 45% tech crit (with IA buff) and 89.66% tech crit multiplier when I have CSC active. It's a little less with HVGC active (and IA buff).

So glad to hear that...I'll start stacking my crit/surge again...Why is the gear so heavy with Power?

Where did you get your crit/surge mods at?? The Ilum daily that gives 1 mod?

Depending on how you look at it, I've either been lucky or unlucky in getting multiple Champ helm and hands. Since those are the 2 that have high crit surge enhancements on them, I just pulled them out and put them in my other gear. I also found bracers and a belt that have armor and mod slots. Here's a picture of my character sheet when I have full buffs up.

wish they would just put in a pvp mods vendor and let people mix & match how they want if they have the customizable gear & wz/merc coms for the mods.

I took the champ medic helmet by accident because i saw the stats before i saw the name...

opened a ticket but decided to just keep it.

so far my pve set is rockin but my pvp set is lacking the crit/surge I prefer.

tempted to put in the crit/surge purple enhancements from the poisonous daily on ilum, but i would lose a lot of HP in the swap because i would be going from (56) to (50) on the mod levels.

I was hoping to get more unassembled champ glove & helmet's but i've only seen the 1 helmet token to far.

our pvp gear is just a mess, and i mean both stats & graphics.

werden, TBH your gear is how our pvp gear SHOULD BE STATTED right off the vendor.

kudos.

like to know where you looted the belt and wrist too btw.

Edited by malformed

Our gear is itemized pretty well. If you take the Eliminator Armor and Earpiece with the Combat Medic Implants and the Crit/Surge weapons you end up with a nice combo. Crit/Surge diminish horribly once you pass 350 crit rating or 300 surge rating. It is much better imo to keep crit in the low 30s (or mid 30s if you're not using Armor Pen Gas), Surge in the mid 80s, and stack power beyond that unless you are a healer in which case you might consider Alacrity over Power. If you start taking crit and surge much beyond that you lose alot of oomph because you're using twice as much rating to get the same effect at that point.

The only thing that pisses me off is our Rakata gear seems overitemized on Accuracy.

Edited by Lightmgl

Our gear is itemized pretty well. If you take the Eliminator Armor and Earpiece with the Combat Medic Implants and the Crit/Surge weapons you end up with a nice combo. Crit/Surge diminish horribly once you pass 350 crit rating or 300 surge rating. It is much better imo to keep crit in the low 30s (or mid 30s if you're not using Armor Pen Gas), Surge in the mid 80s, and stack power beyond that unless you are a healer in which case you might consider Alacrity over Power. If you start taking crit and surge much beyond that you lose alot of oomph because you're using twice as much rating to get the same effect at that point.

The only thing that pisses me off is our Rakata gear seems overitemized on Accuracy.

i had read there is a soft cap (diminishing returns gets obnoxious) at 40% on crit with a 50% hard cap

and on surge I have only seen people saying 100% multiplier is hard cap.

currently running 34% crit 78% multiplier and not fully geared yet.

wish they would just put in a pvp mods vendor and let people mix & match how they want if they have the customizable gear & wz/merc coms for the mods.

I took the champ medic helmet by accident because i saw the stats before i saw the name...

opened a ticket but decided to just keep it.

so far my pve set is rockin but my pvp set is lacking the crit/surge I prefer.

tempted to put in the crit/surge purple enhancements from the poisonous daily on ilum, but i would lose a lot of HP in the swap because i would be going from (56) to (50) on the mod levels.

I was hoping to get more unassembled champ glove & helmet's but i've only seen the 1 helmet token to far.

our pvp gear is just a mess, and i mean both stats & graphics.

werden, TBH your gear is how our pvp gear SHOULD BE STATTED right off the vendor.

kudos.

like to know where you looted the belt and wrist too btw.

It took time and credits, but was well worth it. I agree on the look and stats of our gear. I hide my helm due to how ugly our endgame ones look. I'm not very fond of our chest piece either. I actually found the bracers and belt on the GTN for around 4k each. What a steal!!! They were the only ones on there too. They are TT-17A Hydra series and if I'm not mistaken, we're level 42-43 before I put mods in them. They were most likely looted on Belsavis or Voss.

Depending on how you look at it, I've either been lucky or unlucky in getting multiple Champ helm and hands. Since those are the 2 that have high crit surge enhancements on them, I just pulled them out and put them in my other gear. I also found bracers and a belt that have armor and mod slots. Here's a picture of my character sheet when I have full buffs up.

hehe social rank 1, awsomesauce

Do the bracers + Belt with mod slots end up having better ratings then the PVP stuff? I also have a pair of each but I havent used them now that I got my PVP bracers

Do the bracers + Belt with mod slots end up having better ratings then the PVP stuff? I also have a pair of each but I havent used them now that I got my PVP bracers

Yes you lose some expertise, but Battlemaster gear will make some of it up. So far I have the pants and main hand weapon I got today and not seen in the pic. Fairly soon we should be able to swap out all the mods, based on dev posts. Apparently, we'll also be able to move set piece bonus from one gear look to another.

Edit. Quoted the wrong person. You can get the armor to about 126 rating using Ilum armor mods. There are ways of getting other armor mods into PvP gear. /wink

Edited by Werdan

Werdan i was the one that created that thread that got deleted lol

but for the sake of the community lets not bring up specifics.

i know about that, i was wondering if anyone is able to transfer the legal 2 mods in between PVP gear without having the expertise stat disappear (a bug that ive noticed)

for instance: I have Champion Gloves, I get a Champion Gloves token repeat in a bag and I wish to rip the 2nd gloves mods out and put them into my Centurion Boots... when u do it - does it make the expertise disappear? it's something that i ran into.

Werdan i was the one that created that thread that got deleted lol

but for the sake of the community lets not bring up specifics.

i know about that, i was wondering if anyone is able to transfer the legal 2 mods in between PVP gear without having the expertise stat disappear (a bug that ive noticed)

for instance: I have Champion Gloves, I get a Champion Gloves token repeat in a bag and I wish to rip the 2nd gloves mods out and put them into my Centurion Boots... when u do it - does it make the expertise disappear? it's something that i ran into.

It does not disappear. I've done this and given the item that still has expertise on it to a companion without issue.

I accidentally bought the combat tech gloves / boots with my first tokens because they had crit / surge on them and i couldnt see the set bonuses, I was able to get the tokens restored but they did not take away the combat tech pieces so i was just able to pull the mods out of those and put them in my eliminator gear :D