** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.”

Two, our plan is to continue to add servers - but carefully, and in response to demand. We need to monitor that demand and role out servers accordingly. A long-term recipe for MMO failure is to add a lot of servers early on, and then when population decreases, have to close those servers and merge them together.

You purchased the minimum amount of server and letting fewest player on one at a time, to see when are the servers are full, only by then you will add servers.

If in the process, you screw half of your customers don't matter yes? As long as you are

making a profit that's Winning I guess.

“A long-term recipe for MMO failure is to add a lot of servers early on, and then when population decreases, have to close those servers and merge them together.”

If you study this statement in more detail it will show that who ever is lunching this game knows that it wont have lasting appeal. In a way they are on negative side and do not consider the positive side to try to merge both sides together to create better outcome. I always try to look at both sides to find the truth in the middle.

There are many ways to lunch games like this, for example if it was me I would fix the waves by adding bonus items to waves that are after the first one. The bonus would be a double experience item that will last x amount of time and the x amount of time bonus will incise with later waves.

First wave no bonus experience item.

Second wave 2 hours 2x experience item

Third wave 4 hours 2x experience item.

And so on.

Whoever is in charge of lunching this game has done not the best they could in my opinion. They have neglected 60% or more of people who were wishing to play this game making them feel less and left out.

Creators of this game may have good intentions but what good intentions can do if they are based on ignorance.

The road to dark side is build with good intentions of ignorance.

Anyway the lesson of life can be learned in many ways some may try to escape it by playing games but there is no escape from truth only denial.

I ask If to live a lie is to deny life it self?

Well, some may say that truth hurts?

I say truth hurts only if it's meant to do so as well lie is for not all lies are meant to hurt.

The greatest lie there is, is the one who lied that believes in it them self for they will not know the truth.

Lie is not the truth but the meaning of it is.

:ph_thank_you:

As I said a few posts up, some of those "down" servers are actually NEW servers. Names on there that were not there yesterday, so Don't Panic. Ok????

This is unless there are pre-order spikes as we get closer to Dec 20th. I know many people have only pre-ordered in December so it could take another day to get all the way done.

True that but, and I messed up when I said it, they are probably going by when your EGA was activated. I PreOrdered in Oct and got my EGA and activated it 11/25.

And from what I hear from many people, they held off activating their codes for so long that they ended up activating it close to late.

A few CE folks even say they got their EGA in the mail early in the year but went off to do other things. Only to activate it October and November.

The time of Pre-Order therefore does not matter. Just when you activated the EGA.

Edited by Valik

Actually, they have done a good thing.

By the time the launch players go online, EGA players will move off the starter planets thus reducing lag and mob spawn waiting times. And of course server crashes.

The only thing they have done wrong is communication with the players. Since they already know date range they are letting in every day they could've posted it on forums so we at least know the day we can start playing.

As I said a few posts up, some of those "down" servers are actually NEW servers. Names on there that were not there yesterday, so Don't Panic. Ok????

How many is some? There was a crash earlier today (haha... france...) so it would make sense that they added more, but at the same time there's so many over filled servers that it's likely many of them crashed.

Actually, they have done a good thing.

By the time the launch players go online, EGA players will move off the starter planets thus reducing lag and mob spawn waiting times. And of course server crashes.

The only thing they have done wrong is communication with the players. Since they already know date range they are letting in every day they could've posted it on forums so we at least know the day we can start playing.

I agree....we should not be sitting here guessing, who goes in when.

Future MMOs I hope learn from this.

Based on what I have seen so far, in 2 days they invited July, August, September and almost whole October. I think they they will be able to complete preorder invites tomorrow.

Maybe I am wrong.

You're wrong.

They've invited almost the whole of October? Umm, check again. They invited up to October 2nd, and then, only PART of the 2nd. That's not the whole of October, that's a day and a half of a 31 day month.

So, in 2 days, they invited almost 3 months. The end of July was the first day, August and September was today. Tomorrow SHOULD be October and November, but if there was a huge spike in pre-orders in November, which people have alluded to, then it may not be all of November.

In other words, wait till tomorrow, and don't get your hopes up.

Edited by jmcnelis

I agree....we should not be sitting here guessing, who goes in when.

Future MMOs I hope learn from this.

The issue is if they promise a certain date will get in on day 3 or whatever and then they get through a couple waves and realize they overshot it, people would be PISSED. They feel like it's better to let people rage about not knowing than thinking they know and potentially having to wait an extra day and dealing with the repercussions of that. Is it perfect? No. But it's what it is and they did a good job getting into October today so a lot more people should get their wish granted tomorrow morning.

I've been looking at a few forums for who's getting in when, and I have to say between you keeping track here and those that are doing so on reddit I really appreciate it. All I can say is I really hope the invites reach to November 23rd tomorrow and don't stop on the 20th but I'll be happy when I get early access at all :)

BW/EA hustle us!

u think they keep what they r telling u on forums and faq.

blablabla wave 1-4 based on when u ordered/redeemed ur pre order code.

Then why the hell is my friend playing the game he ordered it 12-dec 2012...and got in today in the game.

And belive me he is just a random guy...not friend of Obama or any kinda Mob.

This is wierd would be nice if someone that work for BW/EA can answer this

I've been looking at a few forums for who's getting in when, and I have to say between you keeping track here and those that are doing so on reddit I really appreciate it. All I can say is I really hope the invites reach to November 23rd tomorrow and don't stop on the 20th but I'll be happy when I get early access at all :)

Thanks mate! - i really appriciate this :)

BW/EA hustle us!

u think they keep what they r telling u on forums and faq.

blablabla wave 1-4 based on when u ordered/redeemed ur pre order code.

Then why the hell is my friend playing the game he ordered it 12-dec 2012...and got in today in the game.

And belive me he is just a random guy...not friend of Obama or any kinda Mob.

This is wierd would be nice if someone that work for BW/EA can answer this

Hmmmmm Your friend really order in 12 december 2012... He come from the futur???!!!??? :p

I've read the forums for 2 days and I have no idea why people are raging at all. BW have given people the chance to play 2 days earlier than the 5 days originally said. Originally the July people would be going in on the 15th and instead has saved 2 days. Therefore the people who have pre ordered later should get 2 extra days rather than going in literally the day before release. Therefore I think BW have been spot on in there approach. Also they are right people would moan either way, server queues are as annoying but it is true you could at least wait to get in the game but this way it means everything can be monitored and the game should therefore be smoother. A lot of new MMO's have an immense set of lag due to the population. Hopefully by going in slowly BW can prepare for this on launch day so that this will not cause any problems. I pre ordered in december and so I am happy to wait as i was expecting only to get a day in game for my pre order. Hopefully now I should get a bit more but we shall see :):D