** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might not care but others here do as they are still asking in the thread. You don't speak for everyone not matter how you feel.

The problem is you are quoting a 3hrs old twitter post when there's been more since saying that its not yet over for the night and that they are monitoring the servers.

whilst well intentioned i'm sure, your post is misleading.

When it releases on its Dec. 20th release date as planned for everyone. EGA is a perk for pre-orders and isn't guaranteed.

It is when it's advertised "up to 5 days", meaning you will get in, but that can be up to 5 days early. It's part of the advertisement, thus we're entitled to it, period, be it "one day to five days".

The thing that's complicating things further is SR saying "2 bonus extra days to enjoy". That means that with the old advertisement, we should have had at least 1 day, then, +2 super-fun-bonus-days! So we should have "at least 3 days" regardless when you preordered.

If we don't get these 3 days ega regardless when entered, we've been deceived, again.

You might not care but others here do as they are still asking in the thread. You don't speak for everyone not matter how you feel.

LOL. Even after you posted that people still go on. I saw this whole bonus wave thing happen right AFTER he tweeted it, and about 50 people have at least mentioned or paraphrased your quote.

I think the reason they might not do bonus wave is because of European servers, they under estimate how many european player are out there, so they didn't provide enough servers, thats why you see all of them are Heavy or even Full.

However then people redeem the pre access code it is really random, so Bioware don't know where is its being redeemed, so unless they can sort out the EU servers, they won't send out invites, even US server is more then enough to handle a lot more invites.

How much info would be enough?

10:40a.m.

Farted while walking by S.R.'s desk, blamed it on Bass.

10:45a.m.

The fart was a prelude to disaster. Barely made it to the can. Dark brown with what looked like nuts. Funny, don't remember eating nuts.

Thanks for keeping the wait entertaining, rofl :D

It's a marketing trick to ensure Bioware can say they had the only stable MMO launch ever. Giving themselves 7 weeks of an error margin ensures this. Only they forgot communication, so it will be remembered as the usual crap MMO launch.

You're right, it is a "marketing trick" promote they're pre-order sales. The fact still stands, this isn't launch. If you did pre-order you'll still get into EGA, just not yesterday or possibly today as the date was never guaranteed. They started letting people in seven days early instead of the advertised five.

Bioware is staggering this to make sure the servers don't buckle under the pressure of 900k+ pre-orders. That to me seems the polar opposite of a crappy PRE-LAUNCH and I respect them for making this wise decision to ensure launch goes smoothly.

Again I say...

Baron Deathmark server has been down since yesterday. It has been on the notices on the launcher since before I got up this morning (UK time here). Seriously doubt it will effect anything since that was way before the EA started for today.

Well first of all I would have stopped taking pre-orders if I thought for even a second that I couldnt get everyone in on the same day. Second if I wanted to stagger access fine, but I would satgger it continuously all day every 2 hours, that way everyone would get in again on day 1. Thirdly I would have beta stress tested the servers and had a clear idea of how many, when, where ect (oh wait they did this and still dropped the ball). And lastly I wouldnt be criptic in my explanations of anything.

Pre-0rder gets 5 days access .. period

Emails will go out every 2 hours depending on pre-order dat .. period

Ect ect...

You have a buisness, you are overseen by EA ( which btw bought daoc so there not new to the MMO aspect) And you tell me this idea of a launch is the "best" you can come up with?

I sure as hell didnt see them telling everyone, oh wait we dont want your money now, get it tomorrow in that wave of money, or the next day or whenever we email you. I wonder when subsriptions start if I can just say " hey I will send you in a few dollars when i log in and only for that time" ... Im sure they will go for that o.0

I would not want a launch like others where you got waiting queues for hours, crowded starting zones with lags like hell. It's a controlled way of letting people in and that's good. The system is the best I could think of.

Talking about the communication: People would never be satisfied. BW is trying to get people into the game as quick as they can as long as the servers stay stable. But it means they need some flexibility. They simply can't tell in advance how many people they are able to let in.

That is what makes them amateurs. You had a STRESS test already.

If they don't know then this doesn't ring cheer bells for the future.

Alright then. If it's "launched" as you say, go buy the game off the shelf and try logging in with it today. :rolleyes:

Why are you defining the word Launch as the day you can buy something at a store? Most people would define the word Launch, in regards to an MMO, as the day Live servers are opened up to users.

I already did buy the client, I have the client installed, and I have the registration needed to start playing currently. That is all irrelavent though. I cannot due to BW's staggered release solution.

I'm not saying it is a bad or a good solution, but to deny that the game is launched is not accurately defining the terminology and blindly reciting marketing terms.

Again I say...

Baron Deathmark server has been down since yesterday. It has been on the notices on the launcher since before I got up this morning (UK time here). Seriously doubt it will effect anything since that was way before the EA started for today.

I know right?!

How much info would be enough?

10:40a.m.

Farted while walking by S.R.'s desk, blamed it on Bass.

10:45a.m.

The fart was a prelude to disaster. Barely made it to the can. Dark brown with what looked like nuts. Funny, don't remember eating nuts.

That was the funiest thing i've read in ages.

Thanks

Well first of all I would have stopped taking pre-orders if I thought for even a second that I couldnt get everyone in on the same day. Second if I wanted to stagger access fine, but I would satgger it continuously all day every 2 hours, that way everyone would get in again on day 1. Thirdly I would have beta stress tested the servers and had a clear idea of how many, when, where ect (oh wait they did this and still dropped the ball). And lastly I wouldnt be criptic in my explanations of anything.

Pre-0rder gets 5 days access .. period

Emails will go out every 2 hours depending on pre-order dat .. period

Ect ect...

You have a buisness, you are overseen by EA ( which btw bought daoc so there not new to the MMO aspect) And you tell me this idea of a launch is the "best" you can come up with?

I sure as hell didnt see them telling everyone, oh wait we dont want your money now, get it tomorrow in that wave of money, or the next day or whenever we email you. I wonder when subsriptions start if I can just say " hey I will send you in a few dollars when i log in and only for that time" ... Im sure they will go for that o.0

Not everyone who gets their invite logs in right away.

Technically if you got in today you would get 6 days, so if everyone is in by tomorrow its the full 5 days.

Your method is dumb