Can you reach 200k damage in PVP?

JabbaCG

Hi,

I'm Shadow level 42 (infiltration) and I find impossible to reach 200k damage in PVP. Maybe at level 50 is diffferent? I think my best was something like 150k or so.

Sometimes I see Jedi Consulars with 300k damage, but I always think that they must be Jedi Sages...

Edited by JabbaCG

i must be fail usually only reach 75kish

I usually get around 75k+ too, but that's because I try to farm medals being tank mode at first and using protection and taunts, then I switch to full dps. If I go for full dps all the time I get over 100k damage, but yet I find hard to reach even 150k.

Edited by JabbaCG

200k damage dealt is possible if you're playing the right map against the right people.

If all your targets explode and aren't getting any heals the damage chart will show this with lower number across the board. Fact is, on some maps (lolhuttballlol) the shadow is at a disadvantage as far as trying to spam out as much damage as possible, and require you to drop the objective to go looking for targets to hit on. While a ranged or force-leap-capable class on the same map can focus the objective and still maintain a reasonable damage output throughout the session.

If you're playing Alderaan your damage largely depends on your opponents' determination to cap the point you chose to guard, once again forcing you to drop the ball if you're after winning the damage meter.

I could top 200k by lvl26 as balance spec. Topping out usually no higher than 250k.

Now if I'm actually trying to win the warzone and not just do dmg, then I stay in the 140-175k range consistantly with my current hybrid KC/Balance build lvl42. I get a 200k game maybe 1 in 10 games playing legit.

Heck, some Attack sequences of Voidstar I do nothing but mind maze and ninja cap the doors and sprint on to the next. Beat many of lvl50 Imp teams this way. Then I'll pull around 90k dmg from just the defense sequence.

Add to that I usually get 7-14k protection pts in every game from taunts, and an occasional gaurd(though I don't use it much in PuGs). And these stats are from PuGs only. Protection is important, not for the team benefit, but because it nets you 20 extra commendations per game of course:p, jk...ok not really. Gotta love those 8-10 medals!:D:cool::D

I rate my skill lvl far above avg., but a bit under the pro range if I'm being honest.

At 50 I expect to put out 275k-350k consistantly, but you can subtract 50k from that if/when they braket off just 50s. 50s playing sub 50s inflates dmg a lot.

Ps- Theres a 50 Sorc on my server that does 500k consistantly, and he topped 700k in Voidstar last night, granted we had like 1 50 as always:p. But we lost the match by a mere 30secs. I've seen healers do this, but this was my first 700k+ dmg sighting.

Edited by Varcan

I could top 200k by lvl26 as balance spec. Topping out usually no higher than 250k.

Now if I'm actually trying to win the warzone and not just do dmg, then I stay in the 140-175k range consistantly with my current hybrid KC/Balance build lvl42. I get a 200k game maybe 1 in 10 games playing legit.

Heck, some Attack sequences of Voidstar I do nothing but mind maze and ninja cap the doors and sprint on to the next. Beat many of lvl50 Imp teams this way. Then I'll pull around 90k dmg from just the defense sequence.

Add to that I usually get 7-14k protection pts in every game from taunts, and an occasional gaurd(though I don't use it much in PuGs). And these stats are from PuGs only. Protection is important, not for the team benefit, but because it nets you 20 extra commendations per game of course:p, jk...ok not really. Gotta love those 8-10 medals!:D:cool::D

I rate my skill lvl far above avg., but a bit under the pro range if I'm being honest.

At 50 I expect to put out 275k-350k consistantly, but you can subtract 50k from that if/when they braket off just 50s. 50s playing sub 50s inflates dmg a lot.

Ps- Theres a 50 Sorc on my server that does 500k consistantly, and he topped 700k in Voidstar last night, granted we had like 1 50 as always:p. But we lost the match by a mere 30secs. I've seen healers do this, but this was my first 700k+ dmg sighting.

you must be a troll.

first off when i hit warzones as my tank spec almost ever match i have at 150k protection, and preventing 150k dmg is like taking one of their players away so saying that protection isn't important is WRONG.

you never did 200k+ as a lvl 26 if so your server is BAD. screenshot or it didn't happen.

200k + at lvl 50 is pretty easy but before that it's not.

you must be a troll.

first off when i hit warzones as my tank spec almost ever match i have at 150k protection, and preventing 150k dmg is like taking one of their players away so saying that protection isn't important is WRONG.

you never did 200k+ as a lvl 26 if so your server is BAD. screenshot or it didn't happen.

200k + at lvl 50 is pretty easy but before that it's not.

Firstly, I can't read what you wrote. Perhaps English isn't your first language.

Secondly, its sounds like you're sayin you do 150k protection a match, and that's way more of a troll than me saying I do 200k damage about once every 10 games. Yes..if I'm only trying to do damage I think I could do 200k 8 out of 10 games, but I wouldn't be trying to win the dang warzone.

Thirdly, the sentence about guard was obviously sarcastic, hence the ":p". I wasn't real subtle about it. Perhaps the language barrier again...

Lastly, 200k isn't easy sub 50; therefore, I made the point if you do this you're probably just trying to do damage, and you'd still need to be quite good even though your warzone tactics would likely be moronic.

shadow here, i've hit 200k a few times. But the main key in getting any high numbers is staying in the fight. If your dieing alot, you're losing time on target. So it really depends if you have a medic backing you up.

I have seen a shadow on my server that hits 350k regularly. But he's a biochem, so he has all the stims and buffs. I changed to that aswell seeing as he's a dps shadow healing for 40-50k. But my biochem is still only 200, sux having to start a crew skill over.

You could stack consumables and blow people up too heh. InB4BioChemNerf!

I've been averaging between 125k and 175k per warzone (lvl 33) but thats only when I'm part of the assist train and not trying to lone wolf. Alderaan is eaisly the best warzone for me as I find playing node defender with a body or two yeilds the most satisfying fights with good numbers on the board at the end.

But if your seriously just looking for high epeen numbers, stack Overcharge Consumable, Surge Adrenal, Willpower Stim, and grab the Beserk power up. Stealth up, pop Force Potency, Breach, DS/CS x2/Project(pray for upheaval), smile gleefully.

Edited by Karyia

Hi,

I'm Shadow level 42 (infiltration) and I find impossible to reach 200k damage in PVP. Maybe at level 50 is diffferent? I think my best was something like 150k or so.

Sometimes I see Jedi Consulars with 300k damage, but I always think that they must be Jedi Sages...

I believe you're focusing on the wrong elements for a Warfront. You can do 200k damage in a WF and still lose; thus the amount of damage you do doesn't matter if the objectives aren't met.

Just focus on objectives and be a better PVPer.

I believe you're focusing on the wrong elements for a Warfront. You can do 200k damage in a WF and still lose; thus the amount of damage you do doesn't matter if the objectives aren't met.

Just focus on objectives and be a better PVPer.

I already do. I'm just asking about damage because always there is people with 200-300k damage and I assume they're not playing like dumb just doing damage... But it could be.

I always go for objectives, for example in Huttball I love the teamplay and I usually don't do more than 60-70k damage, focusing on CC, shielding, etc. But I was curious about the damage output of Jedi Shadow compared to other classes.

I'm balance specced too, and as long as it's a fair fight against the opposing side ( no premade 50s facerolling over most everyone ), it's not that much of a problem reaching the 200k damage mark. I was doing so even sub 40. Not a problem getting 10 medals too for that matter; putting up guards and taunts in fair fights nets you a whole lot of protection points.

Make sure your gear is relatively up to date, and have a blast at it in WZs. :cool:

Edited by TaishoD

I'm balance specced too, and as long as it's a fair fight against the opposing side ( no premade 50s facerolling over most everyone ), it's not that much of a problem reaching the 200k damage mark. I was doing so even sub 40. Not a problem getting 10 medals too for that matter; putting up guards and taunts in fair fights nets you a whole lot of protection points.

Make sure your gear is relatively up to date, and have a blast at it in WZs. :cool:

Wait a second, damage averted from taunting off a target (that continues to hit people other than yourself) will up your protection total? God, I hope this is true!

Wait a second, damage averted from taunting off a target (that continues to hit people other than yourself) will up your protection total? God, I hope this is true!

Damage done to your teammates that was MIGRATED by your taunt abilities count as protection.

Tested and proven ^^

Hi,

Im only lvl 36 (now)...but I have broken 200k several times. My goal is the 300k mark, which I hope to get up to once I finish the top tier talents in balance. Its funny in the /bgs there is lately a large push to not have the low levels join, but countless times what ever 50 makes that post I will out dmg them easily. I'm usually in the very top tier of dmg. Last night joined huttball (least favorite bg) but only had 4mins left (free xp for 4mins!). So I joined...My first 3 medals came from 2.5k blow, killing blow, assassin. Was so funny to kill a lvl 50 sith assassin and end with about 10% health. I laughed at that person the rest of the match just because it was too funny.

For medals...depending on the /bg but can usually get 6+ a match. I already have all lvl 40 gear, 1000 merc points (1 epic pvp box, wish I could carry more then 1 and open them @ 50), and I think i'm back up to 700'ish warzone so I will start getting some boxes now.

Edited by Grometsc