Skills refusing to activate.

Estebonez

Overcharge shot, adrenaline probe, and corrosive dart fail to activate 1/3 of the time probably even more than that for adrenaline probe. Adrenaline probe completely refuses to do anything most of the time, while overload and corrosive will set off the GCD but do no damage or apply the DoT.

Anyone else? These 3 skills are incredibly prone to fail for me.

Not sure what the Smuggler equivalent to those are, but our vanish never ever ever works. I swear it only works 70% of the time if I am lucky. Do you guys have a problem with that, or is it just us on the other side of the grass?

I have this happen somewhat often with Kolto Injection. Can't say I've ever experienced (or noticed, anyway) it happening with Adrenaline Probe or the others you mentioned.

I have had that one happen as well...it will start to cast and then fail for no reason :/ Certain skills just choose random times to not fire :/ my fragmentation grenade also fails a lot. You see your character pull back his arm like he is going through the animation then just stops.

Wouldn't bother me as much if corrosive and overcharge didn't set off the GCD after doing nothing.

Not sure what the Smuggler equivalent to those are, but our vanish never ever ever works. I swear it only works 70% of the time if I am lucky. Do you guys have a problem with that, or is it just us on the other side of the grass?

Happens a lot with companions out, but also if an enemy is channelling an attack on me. Have to use it before or after they channel, or else it just breaks right away.

The problem for me isn't that I vanish and mobs still attack me, it's that I can't vanish. The ability isn't greyed out or anything, it just simply will not go off. I spam the keybind, then I click the **** out of it, and nothing happens. I'm not CC'd or anything, the damn thing just isn't registering that I am trying to use the ability. It's so annoying and it also happens to the shadows in my guild. Maybe it's just a Republic bug. D:

The problem for me isn't that I vanish and mobs still attack me, it's that I can't vanish. The ability isn't greyed out or anything, it just simply will not go off. I spam the keybind, then I click the **** out of it, and nothing happens. I'm not CC'd or anything, the damn thing just isn't registering that I am trying to use the ability. It's so annoying and it also happens to the shadows in my guild. Maybe it's just a Republic bug. D:

That's exactly what my adrenaline probe does...I can spam it and click it and it does NOTHING. It even shows that im pressing it but it does not activate. O.o

While my experience doesn't sound exactly the same as some of the problems in this thread, I've had similar issues. It would usually occur after combat. I would get finished killing something, then be unable to stealth, rest, heal, buff, etc. for up to a minute afterward (No, I was not still in combat. I know what that looks like and this was different). In solo PvE, this was a moderate aggravation, but in PvP it was gamebreaking.

I did eventually find a workaround. The problem appears to be connected to the targeting system in some way. I found that by clearing my target (for this, it's best to have the option turned on to be able to clear your target by clicking the ground), or acquiring a new target, I was suddenly able to cast everything again. I still notice the issue occurring on occasion, but my workaround hasn't failed me yet.

As for Vanish failing, in my experience, it always seems to be an issue with my companion. Either they will retain aggro even through the vanish, or they will be dead and the vanish will fail to remove me from combat. I've never noticed my vanish fail me in PvP in any way that wasn't my fault. Sure I've been stupid and vanished with a BH delayed explosive on me, or in an area with a lot of AoE, but that's working as intended. If you're having different issues, I'd be very interested to hear what they might be.

Edited by bathrobe