Drastically reduce cooldown of Fleet Pass needed

Pestwulf

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to add flavor in the game by having you get in your ship from a planet/station, take off, go into space and choose a destination to go to, then disembark from your ship to a shuttle to take you to the station/planet or in the case of no fly zones, going to an orbital structure which then takes you to the planet.

It has a very cool flavor to it the first 30 or 40 times you do it. But I'm finding that after that, I'd really like to spend less than 25 minutes of running around to join my group for a night of playing in which we get about 3 hours. 25 minutes of it used in transportation is like going way back to the days of EQ when you had literally 15 minute boat rides where you did nothing but sail around and hope not to die to bugs.

Travel in SWTOR is a lot like that. I would like the option of taking the cumbersome route for the "flavor" of it if I was in that mood for some reason, but I'd also like the option of getting to my party a LOT quicker.

If you are keeping it that way for "flavor" then I'd have to point out that personal hovercraft at level 25 being used in mass on the fleet station more than completely destroys the ambiance and mood. Even if you add in transportation time reduction, I'd like to see the personal craft removed from the space station and instead give everyone a better run speed to compensate. It just looks completely silly with 15 personal speeders running all over the place inside a space station or having the vault access look like some kind of Drive in Movie lot.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my lord. They using it as a selling point for one of their optionals????

That stinks. I might be willing to pay for access to the vendor if I can improve my play experience as much as this would help me, but I don't want a keychain authenticator (don't have a smartphone).

That stinks. I might be willing to pay for access to the vendor if I can improve my play experience as much as this would help me, but I don't want a keychain authenticator (don't have a smartphone).

That is showing you how bad they want you to get one. Blizzard gave out a pet you lose if you ever take it off of your account. Every account with one is an account they will not be using customer support time to recover for you when you are hacked.

That is showing you how bad they want you to get one. Blizzard gave out a pet you lose if you ever take it off of your account. Every account with one is an account they will not be using customer support time to recover for you when you are hacked.

I remember when a bunch fools got middle-man hacked with their WoW accounts with an authenticator. Astounding to think what people will allow the internet to do their computers.

It proves that if you make something idiot proof, the world just goes and makes a better idiot.

Edited by Quip

authenticators are free

use your iphone ipad or android phone / tablet

link to your account and you are done

I dont have a iphone or any of that . I just have a cell phone.. you know for making calls. If i need to do the internet I get on a work pc or home pc. I find it a waste of money for the new phones but then I am an old phogie that doesnt like wasting money.

Do they offer this authenticator for just my pc?

Not really. Sure, it's high, but it's not 'needed'

My viewpoint differs. If you are on a planet and you just do LFG's you probably have a lot less issues with it.

For me however, I play with a static group and when we disband for the night we go off and do our own things depending on our own schedules. When we meet up the next day, we often have to gather and choose what we are going to do that night.

This often means that we are on the wrong planets, and some of our guys have lower spec computers which can take between 1 and 2 minutes for every zone. The game plays fine for them, but zoning and holo calls take their toll on lower end machines.

So i'm not kidding when I say grouping can take up to 25 minutes. Being able to cut out at least one portion of that trip would help tremendously.

For me, and likely others, it's a "needed" change.

Que for a war zone. Accept war zone. When loading-alt tab for two minutes-And back on the imperial fleet.

Or just dont leave the starting area and get yourself booted form the warzone, for some that would be faster than loading up the game again.

Using authenticators cuts back on the load for customer service.

They would probably make them mandatory if they thought they could get away with it, but giving you access to 1 hour cool down fleet passes is the next best thing.

You can get the phone-based authenticators for free - iPhone and Android.

No smartphone...? Welcome to 1970? :p

Edited by DarthTHC

authenticators are FREE

I'm not installing an app on my phone that requires access to my phone state and identity (Call logs etc.) when it doesn't need it. The day they change it to internet access only is the day I install it.

Edited by Sparckus

authenticators are FREE

EA/Bioware will ship a physical authenticator to my house without charging me for it? Or EA/Bioware will purchase an Android or iPhone for me -and- pay for the phone plan on a monthly basis for me so that I can install the authenticator app on it?

... No?

Then the authenticator is not free. Stop being deceptive.

They are only free for people who have $500+ dollar cell phones.

Go figure.

Before you say those are free, too...some people don't like contracts.

If you're going into prepaid territory you can still get decent smartphones without a contract. Virgin Mobile has the LG Optimus V for $130, which is easily one of the better midrange Android devices on the market.

Alternately you can buy a used iPod Touch off Craigslist and install the authenticator on it, but that would probably run you more than just buying the keyfob.

Edited by TechnogeekSA