Am I the only one who doesn't want level 50 brackets?

Freeborne

they queued up when they havent even gotten 30 yet, thats what they did wrong

theyre griefing their whole team by queueing up since they are useless by default

And they got put against geared level 50s who joined as a group...

By that logic anyone who isn't a geared level 50 is griefing in some cases.

Please ask yourself why Bioware encourages people to queue up at level 10 for warzones. A lot of the top PvPers started PvP as soon as they could. But it didn't matter for them because they had others of that level to fight against. Now that there are level 50s with gear it is griefing to join PvP at level 29?

**** of your own nether regions...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No you enjoy pounding on us lvl 18s padding your stats so you can take screen shots and feel POWERFUL!!!!

You know, there isn't much difference between you at 18, and me at 50?

Except I have a 31 point talent ability, and some trainable skills you don't. If you want those skills, spend some more time leveling, instead of PvPing. You'll hit the commendation cap fast enough.

You know who gets pounded on in PvP? The players who go out solo and don't coordinate in with their groups.

And I've never taken a screen shot of any PvP kill in over 10 years of MMO experiences.

And they got put against geared level 50s who joined as a group...

By that logic anyone who isn't a geared level 50 is griefing in some cases.

Please ask yourself why Bioware encourages people to queue up at level 10 for warzones. A lot of the top PvPers started PvP as soon as they could. But it didn't matter for them because they had others of that level to fight against. Now that there are level 50s with gear it is griefing to join PvP at level 29?

**** of your own nether regions...

the 50s are useful even if they have **** gear, the people who are low level might as well be afk because they are useless

I see so many ******* who decide that they are gonna level in warzones rather then questing

Not sure if serious or just delusional.

Our stats are equalized.

You may argue PvP gear, but I would argue PvP gear is accessible at 20, and 40 as well.

I've seen level 20 players taken down level 50 players.

But as I said before, it doesn't matter. You win by group strategy, and not individual power in Warzones.

Our stats are equalized.

You may argue PvP gear, but I would argue PvP gear is accessible at 20, and 40 as well.

But as I said before, it doesn't matter. You win by group strategy, and not individual power in Warzones.

i as a guardian have 12k hp at level 38, 50 powertechs/vanguards/guardians/juggernauts have anywhere from 16k-18k. Look past the bolster buff and realize that even at 50 the gap between a green geared 50 and moderately geared 50 is huge.

As for keeping alive the 10-50 bracket in the hopes of shortening queues, you'll just have to put up with a slightly longer queue at 50 for better 50-only games because putting up low levels against fully geared 50's sends a horrible message for new players and one that bioware will want to avoid sending.

Edited by Afulia

I would like them to add brackets, maybe 10-30 and 31-50. I do not think that 50s having their own bracket is necessary. I really think that it is too soon to seperate out the 50s considering most people aren't there yet. Their ques will be bad for them I imagine. I am sure that someone will say "Well, they shouldn't have rushed to 50."

the 50s are useful even if they have **** gear, the people who are low level might as well be afk because they are useless

I see so many ******* who decide that they are gonna level in warzones rather then questing

no no, players who suck are useless, your level has nothing to do with hitting people off nodes and kiting or helping peel enemies off a healer. stop being so narrow in your thought process. all it takes is one attack to stop the cap

Our stats are equalized.

That's not the point.

I haven't read this entire thread, so forgive me if I missed this, but the comparsion should be as follows:

What class do you play? I, personally, play an Operative.

I have ok gear. But, I'll get better gear shortly. Now, I roll people as it is (no stims/relics/any of that crap. I don't agree with it), but I don't level now, I just progress through gear. So, although that level 20 may get a few new skills during the leveling process, I'll be upgrading Gear with PvP stuff. The gap will actually widen because, as you said, his stats are mearly normalized. Until level 41, he won't even have all his skills. While I just keep accruing more Expertise/DPS/ect.

Do I as an individual player feel there is a large advantage over my current (and even short-term future) level 50 over if I played a level 20 operative? Without a doubt. It's not even close.

You people keep looking at it from this perfect perspective. That teamwork wins.

That's great.

The best analogy I can come up with: Who would you take? A 5'3 seventh grade basketball player who has not had the time to develop physically, or the 6'6 Senior Post player? Say the are both equally "skilled' in terms of post moves/skill. Who has the advantage? At that point it's not a "skill" issue, it's just the physical limitations don't give a fair shake to one player. Can you guess which one?

first off. your lvl 50 opinion is biased and basically invalid. of course you want to keep facing lvl 10s. its easymode, they cant hurt you.

over the last week, with the huge influx of lvl 50s, playing WZs while you lvl is extremely frustrating and an all around terrible experience.

it is not too soon

this needs to go in now. and not wait for patch 1.whateveritscalled

every WZ is half lvl 50s in pvp gear. a low level (<30) cannot compete.

i recently made a new character. and tried a few WZs inbetween quests. the number of times i faced a merc/commando that would LITERALLY stand still and spam the same cast over and over until i died. he doesnt have to bother out skilling anything. he can just stand there and mash 1 button a few times and blow **** up. and thanks to scrubby autoface, you cant even out position him.

first off. your lvl 50 opinion is biased and basically invalid. of course you want to keep facing lvl 10s. its easymode, they cant hurt you.

over the last week, with the huge influx of lvl 50s, playing WZs while you lvl is extremely frustrating and an all around terrible experience.

it is not too soon

this needs to go in now. and not wait for patch 1.whateveritscalled

every WZ is half lvl 50s in pvp gear. a low level (<30) cannot compete.

i recently made a new character. and tried a few WZs inbetween quests. the number of times i faced a merc/commando that would LITERALLY stand still and spam the same cast over and over until i died. he doesnt have to bother out skilling anything. he can just stand there and mash 1 button a few times and blow **** up. and thanks to scrubby autoface, you cant even out position him.

Okay, first off, your non-level 50 opinion is biased, and basically invalid. (See what I did there?)

I don't care of its a team of 10 50s, or 10 level 10 players I'm up against....

THE QUEUE...MUST FLOW.

Do you know what a level 50 bracket will mean?

1. People lower than level 41 complaining about being in the same bracket as people level 41-49.

2. Level 50 people not geared complaining about being against level 50 people who are geared.

3. Slow queue times for everyone.

It won't stop all the complaints, and will only give us longer queue times.

1. People lower than level 41 complaining about being in the same bracket as people level 41-49.

2. Level 50 people not geared complaining about being against level 50 people who are geared.

3. Slow queue times for everyone.

Block changing gear while inside warzone, group people based on their pvp stat(expertise)?

Block changing gear while inside warzone, group people based on their pvp stat(expertise)?

I could get behind that, the only challenge would be giving people the time to get into their PvP gear--as while they're queued they may be doing something they want PvE gear on for.

then they should add cross server scenarios. no more queue time problems ever again

queued matches have NEVER fostered a community anyway, so dont give the "but it kills communities" shenanigans.

What makes you so sure they're able to do cross server anything?

then they should add cross server scenarios. no more queue time problems ever again

queued matches have NEVER fostered a community anyway, so dont give the "but it kills communities" shenanigans.

Except I already recognize a ton of names from both factions, I know who I need to stop the most and who is actually just a joke in 50 gear (Stop keyboard turning Wohast)

It isn't as if I'm against cross server for the sake of que times. It's more that my experiences with games has Always, each time, forever, ect. Been that if you see the SAME GUY playing well on the enemy team enough times you WILL remember him. Once you start remembering whos good well theres the start of a community. I wonder how many times I've typed in Ops "Focus Dexmonkey he's a healer and he's good" "Don't let Iggimus freecast Keep a melee on him" "(^&%#@ Venim ^#*&($ Crit me for )(*@$^& 5k again #*$^@"

Okay, first off, your non-level 50 opinion is biased, and basically invalid. (See what I did there?)

I don't care of its a team of 10 50s, or 10 level 10 players I'm up against....

THE QUEUE...MUST FLOW.

3. Slow queue times for everyone. Levels 49 and below will be nearly unchanged, and I can foresee very little change in actual 50's brackets.

1.) I have never on this board seen this complaint.

2.) At some point, there has to be some give. You can't set that level of tolerance at level 10. Will fresh 50's be at a disadvantage? Yes. The next step should be a gear score type system for WZ match-ups. But first things first.

3.) On what math are you basing this?

There is a fundemental rule of MMO's - No matter what, people will complain.

I get that, but it doesn't mean you should leave an obviously bad system in place.

Again, you seem to stress on queue times. Why would queue times go up so much? Sure, you're removing them from the potential pool of players, but you're also removing the "line" to wait in with regards to PvP matches. Instead of being 30th in line out of 60 ppl playing, they are now 5th out of 10. If the other side has 40 level 50's, the first 10 get to PvP against the other faction, while the other 30 get to play huttball (just like it freaking is now).

Edited by Halbe

I could get behind that, the only challenge would be giving people the time to get into their PvP gear--as while they're queued they may be doing something they want PvE gear on for.

Queue, based on currently worn gear put in appropriate queue, then once wz is up you can't get inside untill your gear matches bracket requirements.

Also, add some cap on top gear rating so people in top-end pve gear won't rule that bracket.

This allows anyone to step down into lower bracket, and removing (supposedly) main reason for brackets - pvp gear.

Maybe it also allows for 50lvl pseudo-twinks, but then all you need is gimping them appropriatly.

Except I already recognize a ton of names from both factions, I know who I need to stop the most and who is actually just a joke in 50 gear (Stop keyboard turning Wohast)

It isn't as if I'm against cross server for the sake of que times. It's more that my experiences with games has Always, each time, forever, ect. Been that if you see the SAME GUY playing well on the enemy team enough times you WILL remember him. Once you start remembering whos good well theres the start of a community. I wonder how many times I've typed in Ops "Focus Dexmonkey he's a healer and he's good" "Don't let Iggimus freecast Keep a melee on him" "(^&%#@ Venim ^#*&($ Crit me for )(*@$^& 5k again #*$^@"

YUP this is how its suppose to be, you begin to realize who is important and who is just another tool, this is where your toon becomes a HERO to the community.

Personally 50 brackets will be whatever, anyone complaining about being under level wants to be the hero of the warzone already instead of being a contributing factor (exp. stopping bomb caps or node caps while using cc/snares to pell people off healers or surviving at a node long enough to have help arrive) All classes at all levels are capable of contributing in some way to this. I cant even count the amount of times i have to leave a target and hope my dispatch kills him as i move to the person capping the node. Sometimes i kill the target sometimes i dont, but the underlining factor is that i did the objective and stopped the cap regardless of my level.

Again, you seem to stress on queue times. Why would queue times go up so much? Sure, you're removing them from the potential pool of players, but you're also removing the "line" to wait in with regards to PvP matches. Instead of being 30th in line out of 60 ppl playing, they are now 5th out of 10. If the other side has 40 level 50's, the first 10 get to PvP against the other faction, while the other 30 get to play huttball (just like it freaking is now).

Currently, on my server at least, there is small pool of level 50 players. And only a small portion of that pool do Warzones. As in: not enough to fill a full team.

(This is based on on my PvP experience as I queue throughout the night and only see a few level 50 names, and always see the same ones.)

If a 50 bracket is put in place before we have a sizable number of level 50 players, are queue times will become terrible. And because they are terrible, less people will stick with PvP, and the pool will stay small.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.