Am I the only one who doesn't want level 50 brackets?

Freeborne

I enjoy the accessibility and fast queue times the lack of brackets give us.

I fear that if we put in a level 50 bracket this early, then there will be a noticeable increase in queue time.

Edit:

I'd also like to add that 50 brackets really removes the one activity our level 50 characters can do with lower level guild members without trivializing the content.

As a level 50, it's fun being able to grab level 12, 32 and 43 guild members, and all Queue up together for the same battle.

I'd be sorry to see this go.

Edited by Freeborne
Wanted to add additional thoughts.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear that if we put in a level 50 bracket this early, then there will be a noticeable increase in queue time.

You're not the only one. I'm right there with you. I think a 40-50 bracket would be at least worth taking a look at.

then they should add cross server scenarios. no more queue time problems ever again

queued matches have NEVER fostered a community anyway, so dont give the "but it kills communities" shenanigans.

I already have a sense of community in my Warzones. I don't want that killed.

then they should add cross server scenarios. no more queue time problems ever again

queued matches have NEVER fostered a community anyway, so dont give the "but it kills communities" shenanigans.

I disagree.

Queued matches have made quite a rivalry on my server already. I recognized Sith guild names and players. I avoid some, or go after others for revenge.

I don't want to lose that.

Maybe instead of a level 50 bracker, we need a top level bracket based on 60+ valor levels?

This is where you are wrong, the moment you make it cross server then the community dies. You no longer have to face that server best "insert class here". It is always some other random premade which makes it stupid and boring. The whole point of server pvp is to create a community, to establish the skilled players who EVERYONE knows they have to focus down or at least peel constantly while killing his healers. Once you make it cross server then its like yea i dont know these people, more random scrubs to beat down.

MARK MY WORDS : creating cross server pvp will ruin it

If one team has three 50' in PvP gear. Virtual buff three players on the opposing team too have expertise.

50 talents + PvP gear is too much to manage when you have people (who DID NOTHING WRONG) on your team who don't have sprint yet.

they queued up when they havent even gotten 30 yet, thats what they did wrong

theyre griefing their whole team by queueing up since they are useless by default

This is where you are wrong, the moment you make it cross server then the community dies. You no longer have to face that server best "insert class here". It is always some other random premade which makes it stupid and boring. The whole point of server pvp is to create a community, to establish the skilled players who EVERYONE knows they have to focus down or at least peel constantly while killing his healers. Once you make it cross server then its like yea i dont know these people, more random scrubs to beat down.

This would be true if the majority of people took things as seriously as you seem to.

The majority of us just play for some fun. We realize that someday BioWare will flip a switch, and all of this will go away, never to be even though of again, by anyone.

I doubt it, I would even guess that ALOT more people will actually queue if they dont have to be ***** by 50's (or spend their time ****** low levels) all game long..

If you ask me, the 50 bracket is 2 weeks late, and it will Not decrease queue times etc.

Seconded! WoW did this and it killed PvP. Battleground is nothing else than Honor farms now, for the few who level up alts for Arena. And the Imbalance finished it all :)

No cross realm Anything!!

I agree with this, I've been recognizing almost everyone in my warzone matches, on both sides. It's interesting to encounter rivals or people you've worked well with in the past.

There eventually will be more level 50 than any other level. There's a load of 50s on my server, even on republic side. I don't think it will be an issue.

Also I don't like the idea of dirty, uncouth lowbies being allowed to even touch me in a pvp context. Lowbies are meant to be corpse camped to amuse level 50s, not to compete with or even manage to hit us in warzones.

Edited by Zlodo

I disagree.

Queued matches have made quite a rivalry on my server already. I recognized Sith guild names and players. I avoid some, or go after others for revenge.

I don't want to lose that.

Maybe instead of a level 50 bracker, we need a top level bracket based on 60+ valor levels?

This I know alot of the best pvpers on my server and they know me. I dont want that out the window.:(

I don't like the idea of the level 50 bracket...

Who will the upcoming players learn from, scrubpug vs scruppug 1-49 will engender poor habits andbad gearing, then when those players hit 50 they are suddenly undergeared vs 50's in fully maxed gear.

At least with the mixed brackets the new level 50's are still at least level 50 and better off than the 49's and the level 10's are going against people who actually know how to play and learing to deal with objectives since that is how you can best contribute at that level.

Cross server queues... no way!

I'm only 29 and already being recognized and focused as a healer.

I know the people on my server who I should focus my heals on, because they are worth a damn and who to just let die because she is going to run in circles and not pass the ball anyway.

Especially with huttball, you get to know your allies from both sides, I had a Marauder totally DESTROY me in huttball the other day, and after the game we had a nice conversation about how it happened, counters, ect... Next time I see her, if she is on my side I have a heal focus target, If she is on the other side.... Well, I'll run, because she knows me as a solid healer who she can take out to help her team.

Once you get cross server queues that kind of community interaction and development goes away.

I suggested a level 50 ranked/unranked bracket, where at 50 you could choose which to queue with... 50/ranked would be regular, 50/unranked would ignore expertise/debolster to the bolster level, even if it meant you could not get rewards.

I doubt it, I would even guess that ALOT more people will actually queue if they dont have to be ***** by 50's (or spend their time ****** low levels) all game long..

If you ask me, the 50 bracket is 2 weeks late, and it will Not decrease queue times etc.

I'm speaking about the queue times as a level 50 player.

Just because we're level 50 doesn't mean we want to wait around 15-25 minutes per war zone for a queue.

No you enjoy pounding on us lvl 18s padding your stats so you can take screen shots and feel POWERFUL!!!!

I honestly don't want a bracket. Being level 28 due to a reroll, I know that my toon's name is recognized by some of the solid 50 premades and its like a nice smooth blend into their team when I'm in their Warzone.

I enjoy the challenge and I enjoy knowing who the good players are, the so-so players, and the cry-babies. Its also hard to establish yourself with PvP guilds all at 50 when you aren't at the same level rocking it with them - once brackets are made.

This low level is happy to have 1-50, though I know some 50's want a greater challenge. I can appreciate that, I want one too.