December Procrastinators Preorders In Here!

McVade

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was being ambitious, like it was really gonna happen. I had a work flashback and thought I had to act proactive.

Hey, no worries. As long as you take a deep breath, kill the adrenaline rush and kick back ... we'll be good.

Last thing we need here is some upstart who thinks he is going to take on the world singlehandedly ... makes us all look bad.

Quad i7 Watercooled turbo'd to 3.7ghz, 250gb SSD, HD Radeon 6950 using 6970 bios (This card is the shiz, freee bios flash to a card $80 more expensive!).

Overkill.

But, I'm good for 2-3 content additions and anti-aliasing finally being turned on. :)

Intel core I7 2600k turbo 3.8ghz overclocked to 4.5(watercooled)

Geforce 560GTX ;/

16GB

1.5To hard drive

i can never remember my motherboard's name it's asus something.

I was told it's overkill but whatever. lags make me sad. I need to change my graphic card eventually.

;D seem like we're both overkill

Edited by mastersloup

I am just watching my time converter ticking away....

08:00:00 a.m. Thursday December 15, 2011 in CST converts to

12:30:00 a.m. Friday December 16, 2011 in Australia/Adelaide

not sure if I calculated it right but it's still a bloody long time...

Intel core I7 2600k turbo 3.8ghz overclocked to 4.5(watercooled)

Geforce 560GTX ;/

16GB

1.5To hard drive

i can never remember my motherboard's name it's asus something.

I was told it's overkill but whatever. lags make me sad. I need to change my graphic card eventually.

I'm similar-ish:

Core i7 2600k @ 4.3 (on air, I'm not that ambitious an OCer)

16 GB ram

Radeon HD 5770 (my one weak link - which allows me to play maxed at 1920x1200 if I turn shadows down)

Like you I could stand a vid card upgrade, but I intentionally went big on CPU/RAM/mobo back in early May knowing that upgrading a video card is as simple as pulling out the old, slotting in the new.

I've read others comment that this game is fairly CPU heavy, allowing more modest GPUs to play well. From my experience in testing, this is true. (That or my old 5770 is way overpowered for SWTOR...) I found that once I turned down shadows a bit, I'd sit steady 60 FPS with vsynch on and 85-100 with it off. This is with no AA as it was disabled in beta.

I was pleased - expected worse really.

Now I am waiting for the TRUE December Crew folks that finally get their email and have one of the following slacker issues:

1. Still never downloaded the game

2. Still running a 56K Modem because technology is so overrated

3. Posted here on the forum on a Mac waiting for the Mac version of the game

4. Hoping their Windows 95 machine with the 512K Ram and 1 Meg Video card may run the game on low res