Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

December Procrastinators Preorders In Here!

McVade

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure but it's viral; the more good players go one side the more other players follow them.

WoW balanced population with racial bonuses but I don't see BW doing that for a while at least.

I don't know much about MMO Pro Gaming, but I know that two of the biggest french guilds went on Empire side too. Actually, it made others go on republic side, to improve chances to be world faction first.

I don 't really get the "republic suxx" attitude. Why does everybody want to play the "evil" characters ? And SWTOR isn't the only MMO where I see this.

Evil is fun, though that really only applies to Sith. The reason i'm going Empire is that the BH's lore/story is much more appealing than the Trooper.

Edited by Kilarn

For being procrastinators you guys sure are productive. So many pages to read through since last night.. at least I got something to do at work today. :)

*Swe-Five*

Can I choose what colour I want on my lightsaber?

Yes and no.

If you're Light Side, you cannot use Red, even if you're Sith.

If you're Dark Side, you cannot use use Green or Blue, even if you're Jedi.

The same, even more strangely, goes for blaster bolts.

You didn't call GAME to get your code sooner, so yeah you're a master procrastinator for not doing it even if you already had the preorder.

Seems daft but I had presumed the code issued would somehow relate to when you ordered so I waited patiently and then when it didn't arrive by the 6th I called them then. My fault for not calling but they should have sent it right away. Oh well.

*Swe-Five*

Yes and no.

Very interesting. I am guessing this is to have at least one major defining factor that splits the factions in dense pvp.

Seems daft but I had presumed the code issued would somehow relate to when you ordered so I waited patiently and then when it didn't arrive by the 6th I called them then. My fault for not calling but they should have sent it right away. Oh well.

Yup I understand that, I also think that unleashing a code per preorder instead of sending massive amounts to retailers would be more fair for those people who peordered on july and activated their code on september or so because they didn't know about EGA.

Today, we invited people who had pre-ordered up to the very beginning of October (roughly). Tomorrow, we're going to be inviting the same number of people again; that will take us up to the last week or so of November. On Friday, we'll be inviting even more, and we'll give you an update on that tomorrow.

So it looks like a fair number of us should make it on Fri which to my way of thinking rocks. for how long we waited to pre-order!

Very interesting. I am guessing this is to have at least one major defining factor that splits the factions in dense pvp.

It doesn't. You can be Light Side on Empire and you can be Dark Side on Republic. You can also have any other lightsaber colour (Purple, Yellow, Cyan, Orange, etc) freely.

It actually makes the whole "faction recognition" thing even worse, because as I Light Side Sith, I *cannot* use the iconic red sabers of the Sith, even though I'm just as loyal as the next Imperial.

*Swe-Five*

Yes and no.

Definitely choosing light side, and can definitely live without red :)