December Procrastinators Preorders In Here!

McVade

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I am waiting for the TRUE December Crew folks that finally get their email and have one of the following slacker issues:

1. Still never downloaded the game

2. Still running a 56K Modem because technology is so overrated

3. Posted here on the forum on a Mac waiting for the Mac version of the game

4. Hoping their Windows 95 machine with the 512K Ram and 1 Meg Video card may run the game on low res

Oh the memory...

Now I am waiting for the TRUE December Crew folks that finally get their email and have one of the following slacker issues:

4. Hoping their Windows 95 machine with the 512K Ram and 1 Meg Video card may run the game on low res

56k modem?! Pfft, you early technology adopter you! My 28.8 gets the job done, and I'll upgrade it.... maybe.

lol i use to play swg on 56k modem back pre-cu..only for 2 months untill i got cable:cool:

56k modem?! Pfft, you early technology adopter you! My 28.8 gets the job done, and I'll upgrade it.... maybe.

Pfft, try running a Color64 BBS on 1200 baud on a C64, with the first ever networked forums via Usenet feed into FidoNet.

:D

(4 1541 floppy drives for a whopping 512k of space!)

Pfft, try running a Color64 BBS on 1200 baud on a C64, with the first ever networked forums via Usenet feed into FidoNet.

:D

(4 1541 floppy drives for a whopping 512k of space!)

Indeed lol, we could judge the age of posters by their memories of their earliest systems. My family's first was... something based around an 8088 I think. Monochrome monitor bathing me in soothing... greenish light.

The first "real" system I remember fondly was our 486 DX 50 (note, a DX, NOT a DX2 - I mocked the DX2 folks...) with 4 meg ram and a 200 MB hard drive. I upgraded that thing into a beast! Bought a second hard drive that was 345 meg for... nearly $400. You know, I still have that thing! And it works even! Added 4 more MB ram to a BEASTLY 8 meg.

And I played the hell out of Wing Commander I/II and Privateer.