Ha ha read and weep

JediSanta

http://venturebeat.com/2012/01/03/the-old-republic-drops-30-spots/

Star Wars drops sales:

Star Wars: The Old Republic drops 30 spots on the UK sales charts

January 3, 2012 | Sebastian HaleyAdd a CommentinShare.

Electronic Arts and BioWare’s long-awaited, big budget Star Wars: The Old Republic has seen an unprecedented drop down the UK sales charts. According to Chart-Track, the licensed massively multiplayer online game plummeted from 10th position all the way to 38th during the week ending on December 31.

The steep decline is not a good sign for the momentous MMO, largely accepted to be one of the most expensive games ever made. Released on December 20, The Old Republic quickly reached one million registered users globally. Leading up to its release, the game was expected to either be the first real threat to Blizzard Entertainment’s monopoly over the MMO space, or a massive failure a la most other titles in the genre, including Sony Online Entertainment’s oft-troubled Star Wars: Galaxies, whose servers were recently taken offline

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the week of launch it sold a ton of copies then the next week not so many? How is that not normal? It is a mmo most people wanted it at launch. It is not surprising that sales drop off (in the UK also not NA where it counts) after the launch.

Did people expect after release that sales would continue to climb at the same rate as right at the beginning?

Because if so, those people are idiots. Most of the people that wanted the game bought it at release.

Any sales now are from word of mouth from people playing and the reviews it's getting...in other words good stuff.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/01/03/the-old-republic-drops-30-spots/

Star Wars drops sales:

Star Wars: The Old Republic drops 30 spots on the UK sales charts

January 3, 2012 | Sebastian HaleyAdd a CommentinShare.

Electronic Arts and BioWare’s long-awaited, big budget Star Wars: The Old Republic has seen an unprecedented drop down the UK sales charts. According to Chart-Track, the licensed massively multiplayer online game plummeted from 10th position all the way to 38th during the week ending on December 31.

The steep decline is not a good sign for the momentous MMO, largely accepted to be one of the most expensive games ever made. Released on December 20, The Old Republic quickly reached one million registered users globally. Leading up to its release, the game was expected to either be the first real threat to Blizzard Entertainment’s monopoly over the MMO space, or a massive failure a la most other titles in the genre, including Sony Online Entertainment’s oft-troubled Star Wars: Galaxies, whose servers were recently taken offline

Not the sharpest, are ye? MMO...Subscriptions....do the math?

Here's more big news, and I don't even need links.

TOR is going to lose some players after the first month and then after the first three month subs expire.

Just like all MMOs save one.

It really doesn't matter to me, I'm enjoying myself.

Of course it did. Sales always take a huge drop a couple weeks after initial release. I spent many years in sales in the music industry so I'm very familiar with this. Furthermore, if you are so eager for the games demise why are you here? Venting your frustration over a game that wasn't WOW enough for you or just being a ridiculous jack@ss? And, why is that no one is allowed to enjoy the game without being insulted by those who did not? One doesn't need to be a fanboi to appreciate something. I for one thought SWG was an utter piece of garbage but wouldn't personally attack anyone playing it. That is just childish.

It makes no sense that subscriptions are the answer, becasue they are already paid for? It moronic to even think that. If that is the case, how do games like Gears 3 or Skyrim stay in the top 10 for 6 months or more?

This game has been out 3 weeks and its dropping like a rock. Once subs are up, the final nail will be driven.

Sorry, so true though.

PS: If you don't trust the one source, there are many others that mirror the same statistics on this game. Just google.

Which they're not going to get. By April subscriptions will be in the 100k to 200k range at best. Do your own math.

Who told you so? The oracle at Delphi? Or did you call a horoscope hotline?

Stop passing off opinion as fact. Yeah the game could fail, but it could also simply settle down in its own comfortable corner.

Edited by archifikoss

lol

ok ima play with the stats from thier source

ok firstly this is a pc game so lets just list pc games as you cant buy it on any other platform

secondly its not available as a budget game so we have to discount them too

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110022

so its the 2nd most popular pc game >.>

anyway my point is stats are easy to manipulate to show what you want gg :)