November preorders get IN here!!

Nightborder

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered in late november.....I'm not really happy about getting in thursday or later, as I have to work.....bleh....but I'll play a little before/after work anyway.

I was really hoping that I'd have gotten lucky and got in today, as I'm off for the day, but no matter. Its not like I have a guild waiting on me or any friends playing this anyway. (the few that do end up jumping off the WoW ship will not do it till the 20th anyway.)

My guild from SWG was SUPPOSED to be over here, but I haven't heard anything about that in a while. (mainly due to lack of desire to even TOUCH that game after the beta's )

Oh well, I'll get in when I get in, and there's nothing I can do about it. I guess I'll go watch some streams, or something.

Not that I am saying that we are not getting in, but you guys gotta realize there are more Novembers out there then you think. NDA lifted, beta weekend tests. If you were not precommitted to buying the game, you would of bought it in November.

You should note these pre-order were in late Nov. I ordered Nov 3rd, before the beta weekends and the lift of the NDA.

I'm in the, apparently, minority of players that are actually happy with the FREE GAME TIME Bioware is giving out...be it 3, 5, or whatever the number of days it ends up being. But looking at the twitter feed, i ran across this and had to share:

This is NOT how to get a game company to show preferential treatment to you

Jason Lear

@JasonLear1 Jason Lear

@SWTOR I hope your legal department is aware if you fail allow all to play 12/15 you can and will be held accountable in breach of contract.

Jason is a grade-A D-bag imo, they should give him his money back and bar him from ever playing. I was really hoping this community would be more mature than the WoW my co-workers and I are leaving...hopefully after the 1st month all these people will head back to Azeroth, and let the grown-ups have some fun

September + aug < Octorber+ November by a lot in terms of preorder #

Not necessarily because they announced the release date within the timespan of those two months someone mentioned earlier. There's also been a lot of pre-orders already and they're not coming from an endless supply. There are only that many potential pre-orderers and they might already have ordered. Late november until now has probably seen a spike though as people that tried the beta pre-ordered.

Nowhere did anyone EVER promise 5 days of early access. Specifically states UP TO 5 days. And they started earlier. Everyone should be happy about that, otherwise us November orderers(11/18 for me) wouldn't be in until Sunday or Monday most likely. I'm somewhat impatient, but i wasn't expecting to get in for a couple more days, so I'm not too upset about it. Even if i got my email today, or tomorrow, or Friday for that matter, i would be stuck at work all day and not be able to do anything but maybe create my characters and then go to bed.

I expect they will get into mid November tomorrow. From what i heard, which of course has no facts to back it up, is that they got to the first few days of October, however i suspect they may have gotten just mid thru September. No matter where they are, they made it thru the rest of July all of august and at least some of September. This is strictly based on what i have read today on the forum, so it could totally be rubish.

That being said, i still hope to get in tomorrow. Preferably 1st wave(not gonna happen but hey, a guy can wish cant he?) so i can just call into work and play all day.

I saw someone that redeemed on sept 29 and he got mail today, I also saw someone from Oct1 also in today. Also sales for pre-order dropped off in Oct so fewer to invite which gives those of us that redeemed in november a better chance of getting in tomorrow.

I just read on another forum that Beta Testers are excluded through perhaps the 19th from the EGA because "They already had an opportunity to experience this wonderful game far ahead of most other players" So any of us who didn't do the Stress Test or weekends or Beta anything should get in sooner, right? Seems fair.

My guess is tomorrow will be October + the 1st half of November. I pre-ordered Nov 27th, so I'm thinking Friday for me (and I'm totally cool with that, after all that would give me 4 days of early access, more than I expected to get when I pre-ordered).

I just read on another forum that Beta Testers are excluded through perhaps the 19th from the EGA because "They already had an opportunity to experience this wonderful game far ahead of most other players" So any of us who didn't do the Stress Test or weekends or Beta anything should get in sooner, right? Seems fair.

stated by Mr. Reid, beta players have no advantage/disadvantage in EGA

NOV 12th here

I'm guessing last wave tmr or 1st on Friday( I hope im in before Saturday).

Get a nice good headstart before all the noobs on the 20th jump in!

I'd be surprised if more than 5% of the people playing by the 20th are non-preorders. If you're not in yet, you are the noobs.

29th here. I'm okay with waiting another couple of days. I'm in Australia, so even getting to play on the day of release is a big step up from what a lot of others have to put up with.

I don't need (or really want) other people levelling with me 24/7, and friends that get in first can warn me about any bugs to avoid. I don't lack originality with names, so I'm not afraid of someone else "stealing" mine. And, hell, I'm probably going to be playing this game solidly for the next few months. A day more or a day less... what difference will it make, really?

I'm pretty content to wait.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.