Fix expertise superiority. PVP is impossible as it is.

serpentu

Dear Bioware, you've made emergency patches and downtime for much less important issues.

Currently a single pre-made group of lvl50's (in my server's case a single guild) kitted with expertise gear to

boot is consistently dominating the warzones. It takes several people to kill one of them.

It not only completely diminishes any effort anyone puts in (on either side),

it also further worsens the situation because of the rewards they reap by so easily killing people with no equivalent gear.

I fully realize that it will take a bit of time to implement a 50's only bracket,

what i'm asking for is to temporarily disable expertise until those brackets go live.

As it is now, one side is consistently losing to another in every warzone match not because

of skill or effort disparity, but because of an advantage gained by and intended for level50's only.

Edited by serpentu

Just farm your own gear, its not that hard really, even me, who is more interested in story and altism can still gear up my guardian.

When the expertise playfield is even, you will see how many people are actually completely clueless. The typical lightning or whatever spamming sith that just stands there and does nothing once you interupt his casts, because his ability is not not available comes to my mind.

With 50s brackets comming, the game just needs time for people to get gear...then it starts really be interesting...until then play for gear.

Just farm your own gear

One of us misunderstood something and i'm not sure which one.

From what i understand, expertise (the pvp stat) is only available in level50 pvp gear.

Not something you farm for but rather something you can not get until

you're a) level 50, and b) have had enough warfronts success to gain the appropriate tokens/commendations.

Currently, one of the sides on my server has a premade that not only diminishes the game for the other side, but is also making it extremely easy for their own side's players to actually.. yeah, farm us, due to how easy the battle becomes in the situation above.

Just quit and reque up

Every match, every day.

Edited by serpentu

When I was leveling, I queued for warzone whenever I could, so when I hit 50, I had marks for 5 bags. Lucky me got 3 pieces out of it, including weapon. I think everyone can do the same. There is not need to "hardcore" farm for gear, just play and see how it goes.

With the 50 only bracket added, pvp for lowbies will be much bettter than for fresh 50s tbh.

When I was leveling, I queued for warzone whenever I could, so when I hit 50, I had marks for 5 bags. Lucky me got 3 pieces out of it, including weapon. I think everyone can do the same. There is not need to "hardcore" farm for gear, just play and see how it goes.

With the 50 only bracket added, pvp for lowbies will be much bettter than for fresh 50s tbh.

You... realize how new this game is right?

When you were leveling, how many level50 fully expertise kitted people were consistently on the other team?

Answer that, please.

Many, because I was leveling slowly. I spread my time across 5 characters...most being in 35-45 range, and only one 50. The last 10 levels of my guardian were mostly against people on 50 with expertise gear.

In that case my server must be slow, and so must be everyone else because i only now am

starting to see the effects of full expertise sets on the warzones.

And only now i'm starting to see threads about it because from my, albeit limited, understanding - the full effect of this stat is only kicking in right now.

I seriously doubt people had all of that gear ~week ago even if they were level fifty

but i may be wrong, in which case i rest my case.

That is why you get mostly the same reward for loosing a warzone.

losing. And your right, except after going 0-15 today in Huttball, mostly against the exact same group... doing your daily literally does become impossible.

Currently twinking my marauder coming from 500+ expertise assassin and expertise is not what makes me lose.

I don't know if you guys even bothered to compare but pre lvl 50's have around 12k life in a warzone while geared players go with 16k+ - as a hint.

It is the gear as a whole. I don't know why I am even telling you this, but go test it for yourself and use a overcharge stim, which gives you 15% expertise stats, 4-5% more then a pvp can have and you will still get scrapped into thin air although you have the allmighty expertise advantage.

How can that be...

losing. And your right, except after going 0-15 today in Huttball, mostly against the exact same group... doing your daily literally does become impossible.

"You're", otherwise i agree. :p

Dailies are impossible, not to mention that it's not the same reward when you end up with very few kills while the other side with an abundance.

I agree with the op.

However, this won't be the only problem for levelers. It will be WoW-reloaded in the 50 WZs: people without expertise fight people with nearly full sets. Sure it is even more painful to face someone with expertise sub-level 50, however, it isn't thrilling to face these juggernauts as a lvl 50 without any expertise.

I just hope the basic expertise gear is easy to get. So far 7 bags zero items.

It is astonishing that BW copies not only WoW's old system but also its mistakes.

Just farm your own gear, its not that hard really, even me, who is more interested in story and altism can still gear up my guardian.

Have you heard of RNG? I'm atm V46 and only have 2 pieces of champ gear while I saw many V30s with almost full set... RNG is not fair.

Currently twinking my marauder coming from 500+ expertise assassin and expertise is not what makes me lose.

I don't know if you guys even bothered to compare but pre lvl 50's have around 12k life in a warzone while geared players go with 16k+ - as a hint.

It is the gear as a whole. I don't know why I am even telling you this, but go test it for yourself and use a overcharge stim, which gives you 15% expertise stats, 4-5% more then a pvp can have and you will still get scrapped into thin air although you have the allmighty expertise advantage.

How can that be...

15% expertise increase... on 0 Expertise. That stim is giving you absolutely no benefit. You're wasting consumables. You're also hurting your team if you pick up the red Expertise buffs scattered throughout the Warzone.

Tested with stim and with the Red buff in Outlaw's Den myself. They give you nothing at all if you have 0 Expertise from gear.

The problem is most people don't understand the gearing process of the game. I like the gearing process, because it allows my guild to powergear new people 9 months from now and allow them to be competitive.

Here's a summary: Currently, PVE operations gear is currently the best gear for pvp atm. Rakata gear = Battlemaster gear because what it lacks in expertise it gains in endurance and main stats.

Take a look at these equivalent items:

http://www.torhead.com/item/9mlzpng/battlemaster-survivors-robe

http://www.torhead.com/item/9KmbAiu/rakata-survivors-robe

In short:

PVP items = PVE Items for pvp

PVE items > PVP items pve

Removing expertise, will only force bioware to increase the stats of the pvp items so that pve items don't excel. If not people will just farm pve items for pvp.

People really need to learn why the system exists the way it does :rolleyes:

What most people are complaining about is the gear disparity which will always exists in an mmo (except GW2).

Edited by Orangerascal